Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got my very own DX13. I couldn't have gotten it without the help of EndIessRAlN. Thanks buddy!

IMG_6134.JPG

Congrats man and nice photos, unrelated question though, is that a custom skeletor in the detolf in the background? Could you pm me a picture, love to get a better look at that:)

I received my DX13 last week. Fantastic figure I really love it but with a "*" beside it. I will be very honest a part of me is tuned off that it cost me $300 and as a result has questioned my love of HT a little bit. I feel the scale is at a complete balance right now. Once side loving the figure and the other side feeling the price has become out of hand. Up to this point price did not matter with my HT purchase but after this purchase I am starting to think "Is this too much"? I am fearing that the high prices may start to eat up my desire to own future figures as a result stop collecting and begin to sell off my collection. The new SS Darth Vader will be released soon but I am not too thrilled about paying $250. I think the scale is starting to tip.

I received my DX13 last week. Fantastic figure I really love it but with a "*" beside it. I will be very honest a part of me is tuned off that it cost me $300 and as a result has questioned my love of HT a little bit. I feel the scale is at a complete balance right now. Once side loving the figure and the other side feeling the price has become out of hand. Up to this point price did not matter with my HT purchase but after this purchase I am starting to think "Is this too much"? I am fearing that the high prices may start to eat up my desire to own future figures as a result stop collecting and begin to sell off my collection. The new SS Darth Vader will be released soon but I am not too thrilled about paying $250. I think the scale is starting to tip.

I agree.my collecting habits have been curved alot here lately and I am at the point of not collecting anymore myself.

I received my DX13 last week. Fantastic figure I really love it but with a "*" beside it. I will be very honest a part of me is tuned off that it cost me $300 and as a result has questioned my love of HT a little bit. I feel the scale is at a complete balance right now. Once side loving the figure and the other side feeling the price has become out of hand. Up to this point price did not matter with my HT purchase but after this purchase I am starting to think "Is this too much"?

Yup. This is exactly how I've been feeling lately. $300 for a single normal sized figure? Yeah, I don't think I'll ever spend this much again on a regular figure like this. I have to budget and save for these things and I'm noticing it's taking longer and longer to do that. I'm starting to ask myself if it's really worth it.

I am fearing that the high prices may start to eat up my desire to own future figures as a result stop collecting and begin to sell off my collection. The new SS Darth Vader will be released soon but I am not too thrilled about paying $250. I think the scale is starting to tip.

But this I don't get. I hear this a lot. People stop buying so they feel compelled to sell everything off as if the only reason they collect is to 'add to'. I'm not saying that's what you do. Why wouldn't you just keep the stuff you have?

I agree.my collecting habits have been curved alot here lately and I am at the point of not collecting anymore myself.

Thats how I feel. I tell myself Im just gonna focus on the last 2 figures then I will stop. But honestly, with Hot Toys keep remaking old figures into better ones, and with newer movies coming out and for them to cook out great looking figures, I dont see how we have a choice. We will just end up selling outdated ones for newer ones. This will be that same story we tell ourselves every release we wanna buy.

That's part of collecting IMO. staying ahead of the curve and selling pieces.

I'm always selling something.

I have a few pieces that I love and wouldn't part with that make up the core of my collection... but tastes always change. I think the important thing is just not getting addicted to the feeling of buying something new, and not buying things you don't really want to collect. haha.

Also, I don't really understand the idea that just because you can't "keep up" with releases you have to "Sell all your figures and stop collecting."

Sell a few you don't care about anymore to pay for new stuff you really do want. Why would you sell everything just because you think one piece is too high? Buy a few less figures per year?

Not sure why people get so dramatic about it. It's like anything else in life. Manage your money and make good choices.

Only 2 left I'm getting, ht mos and robo

After that, I'm pretty well caught up with all the characters I want to own

I have been waiting for Batman Returns for almost two years. Two years ago I was excited and felt like I could afford all three. Today I am not sure. Tomorrow I might not care.

I agree I don't think I will be buying a figure for $300 anymore. I will admit I am having a love/hate relationship with my DX13. With "I spent $300 on this?" screaming louder. Which is taking away from my enjoyment of a fantastic piece.

Well, I bought mine then I went further and bought more parts for it. I only thought about the price when I first preordered. The cost was long forgotten by the time it was released.

It's my favourite character played by my favourite actor in my favourite movie. That makes it my number 1 collectible. Cost be damned.

Mine can't look all the way left either.

its because of the pers stick, guyver took off the plastic cover of the pers(unscrewed it), removed the stick, and used the stick for the bd head to move the eyes
it gave him more range

just leave the casing open(don't put the cover back on) and place the back of the head on
problem solved

Well, I bought mine then I went further and bought more parts for it. I only thought about the price when I first preordered. The cost was long forgotten by the time it was released.

It's my favourite character played by my favourite actor in my favourite movie. That makes it my number 1 collectible. Cost be damned.

I GROSSLY overpaid to have him here quickly, and don't regret it at all

Not sure if this has been asked but is light bleeding a common occurrence with this figure? My figure has severe light bleeding on the side of his head when I turn it on, but I don't see that issue in other peoples photos.

Not sure if this has been asked but is light bleeding a common occurrence with this figure? My figure has severe light bleeding on the side of his head when I turn it on, but I don't see that issue in other peoples photos.

If you mean the LED fading it does that. But what I noticed at least on mine, if I turn off the LeD for a few minutes , and turn it back on again, it's bright again, now it could be just mine but I think maybe HT did a auto fade option to preserve the battery.

He means light showing through other parts of head, like for instance through the other eye or plastic seams.. this is a super common problem with cheap lighted plastic toys and even as a kid it would make me crazy...

However, my DX13 has no bleed which of course was a huge concern of mine.

M.

After all the wait and fantastic pictures you all have shared I finally can get my DX 13 tonight. Well, hopefully - of all the days for it to come in it had to be on a day when I car pooled to work so I'm hoping my guy can work with me so I can get it tonight after work. This has been so tough to wait for!!!!

He means light showing through other parts of head, like for instance through the other eye or plastic seams.. this is a super common problem with cheap lighted plastic toys and even as a kid it would make me crazy...

However, my DX13 has no bleed which of course was a huge concern of mine.

M.

Oh my mistake. I've never seen that on any of my HT that have LED options. That's strange . :dunno

Got the most recent COOmodel M79 (real metal/wood version) and, as before, haven't the foggiest ****ing clue how to attach the sling. Why can't they just rig them up at the gawdamned factory. I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually but FS.

Back