Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright guys. I got an exclusive from Endless rain on Thursday and I love this figure. Best likeness to date in my opinion. a-Dev I respect your opinions since you are the biggest Terminator fan out there. I know this a grail piece to many of us. I still love my dx-10 but they got the age right this time. a-dev anything on the head sculpt progress would be great to hear about. These are top notch but no figure is perfect and we can always add our own touches to them. I will post pics soon.

Thanks for that. Congrats on getting yours.

I think there are imperfections to the hairline and the shape of the head but overall it manages to look more like Arnie than any previous Arnie sculpt by HT. I agree that they nailed the age this time and I love the paint apps of the skin (though not the excessive blood as has been discussed many times)

Another thing that seems to be improved is the neck and neck/head connection. On the DX10 this whole area looked terribly unnatural and stiff (the very thing people complain about all-in-one head & necks looking like). Here it looks about as natural as a ball-joint head is going to look, so unless I'm going to complain about the ball-joint head, well, I no longer have a complaint here.

Where I mentioned the shape of the head still being imperfect, well that's true I think its still slightly wrong, the forehead seems too sloped and that has some knock-on effects with the top of the head, but overall though I'll take that over the DX10's huge puffy expanse of hair toward the back of the head.

I find that DX13 looks enough like Arnie that you won't tend to see problems unless you're specifically and directly comparing with screengrabs. There is nothing that was clearly and plainly off just having it in front of you as IMO there is with MMS117 and DX10. I had to study it intensively with pics of Arnie on my laptop to find the problems that I did and I think that's a clear sign of the progression they made. If you're just holding the figure in your hand and posing it like the film it is easy to enjoy the figure completely, imagining all the scene recreations you can do. And I have done that almost every night since I got it.

I agree with your points on the likeness and I know you really love this figure set. I have the DX-10 posed next the this one and my mom came over and saw the age difference too. She loves the Terminator movies. I am happy with the set and I will have to get another body to do another display as well. TRhe blood on mine doesn't seem as overdone as some others.

Dunno if it's already been posted, but the reg version is in "checking inventory" status on Sideshow. Guess will be going waitlist, soon. Still have an opportunity to PO another set from a local distributor (arriving in January) but just not sure I want to have that much invested in a single release. The upcoming scarcity kinda makes me want to jump, though.

****. That makes giving up my exclusive wait list conversion even harder. Even bbts only has a handful of these.

Just checked, only 16 left there. I figured this would sell out pretty fast just given how strong the release was, but am surprised that it looks like they could all be gone before Christmas. Wonder if they'll end-up doing a second run. I've seen that before on Sideshow, too.

They might. Insanely popular, iconic character, seems like a home run release. I can keep my conversion, I just need to dip into the savings account, which I hate to do. Won't be able to replenish it until mid-late January bc of the delay in paychecks and the 2 weeks off.

Could simply be a second shipment. I've seen "checking inventory" before prior to another shipment, happened with Luke. Can't imagine they're already out.

True. But with Luke they did that and then that second shipment must have been small because it didn't last very long.

Also even bbts had lots of Luke's. Alter ego is sold out, bbts has 16, ebay still has several, but who knows how long those last, tho they are the best price right now, at $315 shipped.

Right before this went to checking inventory at ssc, they weren't even offering flex pay on the ones they had.

Could simply be a second shipment. I've seen "checking inventory" before prior to another shipment, happened with Luke. Can't imagine they're already out.
Yeah, you're right. Kinda getting this muddled up with some other stuff I was watching on the site that just went checking inventory/waitlist, but those releases are about a year in.

They might. Insanely popular, iconic character, seems like a home run release. I can keep my conversion, I just need to dip into the savings account, which I hate to do. Won't be able to replenish it until mid-late January bc of the delay in paychecks and the 2 weeks off.
Agreed it's not great to dip into savings but it is a relatively small amount that you'll be repaying in about a month, so I'd go for it. If somehow it does get sold out, the secondary market prices would be pretty brutal, I would think.

True. But with Luke they did that and then that second shipment must have been small because it didn't last very long.

Also even bbts had lots of Luke's. Alter ego is sold out, bbts has 16, ebay still has several, but who knows how long those last, tho they are the best price right now, at $315 shipped.

Right before this went to checking inventory at ssc, they weren't even offering flex pay on the ones they had.
Interesting, I've seen that a couple times before, too. This is just such a great release that I wouldn't chance it. If you've got an Ex conversion, safer to keep it and pay yourself back later.

I got on the WL late so I'm not confident mine will convert... unless there is more coming.

I just can't see this set being limited or in low amounts already given its the last T2 T-800 that everyone would want. Truly, a T1 Police Station version is the only 'big' one left.

The thing with Alter Ego and BBTS getting less inventory has more to do with SS forcing their hand to narrow the discount margin on retail sales. Thus retailers are ordering fewer.

That all said, I have to decide if I should jump on the ebay prices now, or risk the wait for more stock next month. I've won that game as many times as I've lost though.

Considering SSC just put up more of the QS001 this week after it had been gone for awhile, it wouldn't surprise me to see more go up. Was just about to use my reward points on one and Surly pointed out it was checking inventory. Oh well.

Interesting, I've seen that a couple times before, too. This is just such a great release that I wouldn't chance it. If you've got an Ex conversion, safer to keep it and pay yourself back later.

You're the devil lol

I got on the WL late so I'm not confident mine will convert... unless there is more coming.

I just can't see this set being limited or in low amounts already given its the last T2 T-800 that everyone would want. Truly, a T1 Police Station version is the only 'big' one left.

The thing with Alter Ego and BBTS getting less inventory has more to do with SS forcing their hand to narrow the discount margin on retail sales. Thus retailers are ordering fewer.

That all said, I have to decide if I should jump on the ebay prices now, or risk the wait for more stock next month. I've won that game as many times as I've lost though.

Very true. This last year SSC has jacked up the retailer cost and places are definitely ordering less from them... Which means SSC should have a greater share of the stock, which makes their selling out, or "checking inventory" even more intense.

Considering SSC just put up more of the QS001 this week after it had been gone for awhile, it wouldn't surprise me to see more go up. Was just about to use my reward points on one and Surly pointed out it was checking inventory. Oh well.

They did? I bet it wasn't that many. Probably the stock held back for replacements.

That always happens. They hold back I think about 10-20% of the stock for replacement parts. Whatever doesn't get used goes back on sale about 3 months after release/sell out it seems.

Yeah, thinking more about it probably War-Gar is right. HT and SSC would be leaving a ton of cash on the table if the run ends now and my local distributor not shipping until January makes me think that they're part of a second shipment. On the other hand, these guys often do make unpredictable or contradictory decisions, so I guess I wouldn't be super confident about it one way or the other.

You're the devil lol
Haha, sorry. I agree 100% in principle not to dip into savings but as long as you know for it sure it would be paid back in a month, I don't see the harm.

I agree, the only harm is that you never know what happens in life, and there have been times when I say "dipping into savings, paying back in a week" and that's exactly what happens. Then there are other times when you do that and something comes up and you can't replenish the savings. For example, I didn't know until yesterday that I need to fix my rear breaks this week, and this ****ing toy costs more than that lol.

I agree with your points on the likeness and I know you really love this figure set. I have the DX-10 posed next the this one and my mom came over and saw the age difference too. She loves the Terminator movies. I am happy with the set and I will have to get another body to do another display as well. TRhe blood on mine doesn't seem as overdone as some others.

Yours too?

My mom introduced me to Terminator:lecture

and Blade Runner, POTA, Solylent Green, Omega Man, Alien, Logan's Run etc...

5e6c175eb995e20f5b3d43da490d9bf1_zpsa81dad5b.jpg

6ab9d8c359adfe96635161c8bbcc672a_zps82f27b41.jpg

489a200d3bce9bb2d08e0a9a9ab51e60_zpse1ebbc35.jpg

Last edited:
Back