Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, that was quite interesting. I wasn't expecting any converts until August.

I decided to join the club and put my preorder in at BBTS. :yess:

I really dig all the BD parts and the switch out heads. A great looking figure all around that does BD T-800 proud imo.

Anyone know why the regular version is 314.99 and the exclusive version is only 304.99 at sideshow?

I spread it out over a weeks time. I take great pride in the Ahnold voice. I'm planing on putting together a stop motion video of this BD T-800 to go along with the song.

Damn..telling myself that I don't need this and that I should just wait for a 1/6 Endoskeleton. This figure looks so badass though. :monkey2

It's the figure that roped me into the Terminator license (then I grabbed DX10 as I thought they complemented one another perfectly). :monkey2 Generally I don't care for battle-damaged versions of characters, but it's just as iconic as the clean version, I think.

It's the figure that roped me into the Terminator license (then I grabbed DX10 as I thought they complemented one another perfectly). :monkey2 Generally I don't care for battle-damaged versions of characters, but it's just as iconic as the clean version, I think.

That's the problem. I told myself to first focus on one line when I started this hobby and one by one I get caught in other stuff. The problem with me is that I can't have only one figure from one line as it feels out of place to me so I have to have two that complement each other. DX Luke + Vader, DX 12 + 11 and now if I buy this, I'm going to want the 1/6 Endo even more. :monkey2

Damn this hobby..damn it to hell!

tumblr_inline_mjvlryR70h1qz4rgp.gif

Haha, I know the feeling. I started out thinking Star Wars would be the only license I'd ever collect, and now I've 'diversified' into a bit of Marvel, Terminator and RoboCop (and a couple customs... *sighs*). Good thing with Terminator and Robo, though, is they are pretty small universes. I'll never need anything beyond clean Robo (don't care about the upcoming Weller sculpt, at all) and ED-209. Likewise, I figure I'm 50% complete on what I'd want from the Terminator line. Only stuff outstanding for me would be an endo and T-800 PS version.

Haha, I know the feeling. I started out thinking Star Wars would be the only license I'd ever collect, and now I've 'diversified' into a bit of Marvel, Terminator and RoboCop (and a couple customs... *sighs*). Good thing with Terminator and Robo, though, is they are pretty small universes. I'll never need anything beyond clean Robo (don't care about the upcoming Weller sculpt, at all) and ED-209. Likewise, I figure I'm 50% complete on what I'd want from the Terminator line. Only stuff outstanding for me would be an endo and T-800 PS version.

Might have to get this over Robocop if I decided to give in. Too many figures!

What are the chances of my ex converting if I place an order for it?

Might just go with AlterEgo since they have it the cheapest.

Yep, I'd agree that between the two, if I could only have one it would be BD Terminator for sure. As far as the exclusive, I'd say chances are pretty good for a conversion but to be honest, while I like the exclusive and ordered it, myself, I don't think it's really necessary. The detailed Robert Patrick sculpt doesn't really go that well with the liquid metal T1000 accessory, and I'm pretty sure 90% of the time I'll be displaying the regular version. I'd go through AE and save the cash, I think.

And definitely know what you mean by too many figures. I've only been collecting for about a year-and-a-half, and have been quite discerning, but already it's getting a bit unwieldy. I have finite space, unfortunately, so I think once I'm caught-up on the essential licenses, I'll be happy with what I have and get out of collecting, for the most part. I'd like to get to the stage where I'm only picking-up maybe a couple releases a year, if that.

Back