Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to ask guys but does anyone know if you can still get custom capes for DX09??

Finally about to be able to get mine on display (despite having new from release) & I never got round to replacing the HT cape with one of the better custom ones

I seem to remember Tony Mei making them but can't find the posts anymore

Thanks in advance

Neil

Sorry to ask guys but does anyone know if you can still get custom capes for DX09??

Finally about to be able to get mine on display (despite having new from release) & I never got round to replacing the HT cape with one of the better custom ones

I seem to remember Tony Mei making them but can't find the posts anymore

Thanks in advance

Neil

I think all those custom accessory threads got purged, Neil. You’ll have to pm Tony or the other custom cape maker (can’t remember his name) to get one.

EDIT: Jaxon was the other tailor.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/members/-and-21271-and-20140-and-22269-and-23433-/

Thanks Cocoboloboy

I did think there was a purge or something as I tried looking where they used to be when I last visited (some time ago now) & everything seemed to be gone

Will message Tony but will also speak to Jaxon & see what he offers

Thanks again, much appreciated

Neil

This guy almost 7 years old and jack still look Amazing favorite's in the collection. Bought 2 because of the panic of rubber suit. The suit still holding up great ,Thankfully.

So I was trying to pose him and I wanted to get one pic of him spreading his cape. I cant get him to raise his arms let alone get to a point of height. . Is there a way I have to twist the arms and the suit? I’m asking before I attempt so I don’t break the figure.

So I was trying to pose him and I wanted to get one pic of him spreading his cape. I cant get him to raise his arms let alone get to a point of height. . Is there a way I have to twist the arms and the suit? I’m asking before I attempt so I don’t break the figure.

To get his arms up spreading the cape, remember that his body articulates like a skeleton under the rubber suit. First, I pivoted his biceps outward under the rubber suit. Then I lifted his shoulders outward and upward (this required quite a bit of shimmying the rubber suit around the body). Once I was able to get the bicep area of his arms to hold an upward pose, I bent his elbows upward. The result should look like a body builder posing his bicep muscles. Then I positioned the cape outward and stuck the included poles in it and placed them into his hands. Then I sort of rolled the cape over his arms to cover the top. Looks awesome with this pose!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It can be done, it just takes a lot of patience and gentle pivoting of the body underneath and working the suit to go along with it. Here's the furthest I got on mine:

14125977862_9784b1cc5b_b.jpg

Any one here have any recs on getting wrinkles out of the cape, or that pleather material in general? I probably should start thinking about a custom cape, but haven't researched what's available at all. I'll check this thread. Thanks.

After all these years I'm finally starting to see a LITTLE breakdown in the rubber of the suit. Did anyone find anything good to treat it with by any chance? Thanks friends.

Congratulations, BeatlePaul!! Love that background too! Is it a homemade dio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back