Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was one of my fave shots out of the set too, so I decided to try my best at spicing it up a bit.

DX09v3.png
Niiiiiiiiiice!!!

Very excited to see how the RETURNS Batman looks. I passed on this one.

OMG, you passed this one??? I can't imagine my life passing this batman :panic::panic: :rotfl
any way, I'm very interested on how the returns batman will be, hope it don't have a rubber suit, a keaton sculp, and a nice display stand, something like what they do with the Dx12.

OMG, you passed this one??? I can't imagine my life passing this batman :panic::panic: :rotfl
any way, I'm very interested on how the returns batman will be, hope it don't have a rubber suit, a keaton sculp, and a nice display stand, something like what they do with the Dx12.

Yeah....I felt the chances of Returns BM having a Keaton headsculpt would be high (black Spiderman / Avengers CA), so I decided to lay low. And I am not much having multiple Batman figures in my display case. Once is enough.

Yeah....I felt the chances of Returns BM having a Keaton headsculpt would be high (black Spiderman / Avengers CA), so I decided to lay low. And I am not much having multiple Batman figures in my display case. Once is enough.

Ahhh i understand you. I have to buy this one cause the 1st batman was so important to me, a great part of my childhood, but is obvious that if you want just one batman, you should get the representation that you like more.
And the batmobile? You will get it?

89 > Returns

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I agree with you. even i like more the 89 movie than the 92 one.
Nicholson joker was great, and keaton as batman is perfect... the only thing that i don't like was that joker was the killer of bruce parents :gah:

Ever come up with a solution for the dye situation, Mags.

You know, and this may sound weird, but it's a shame we just couldn't use permanent black magic marker. I think it would go on great but the freaking smell would never go away. Plus I don't know if it would rub off on the suit.

Question, anyone have any recommendations on how to remove dust from the rubber suit?

I use compressed air. But watching one of clipperking's reposing videos, I saw him using a medium sized paint brush. It's an excellent idea, and I think I'm going to go over figures like that before a last cursory blast with the compressed air.

That was one of my fave shots out of the set too, so I decided to try my best at spicing it up a bit.

DX09v3.png

:cool:

89 > Returns

Returns >> 89 :moon :wave

You know, and this may sound weird, but it's a shame we just couldn't use permanent black magic marker. I think it would go on great but the freaking smell would never go away. Plus I don't know if it would rub off on the suit.

No I haven't pursued it lately.

I do think the magic marker would work. And I think the small would go away. However, would it rub off? Dunno, but I'd be worried it would. I might give it a try in an inconspicuous spot.

No I haven't pursued it lately.

I do think the magic marker would work. And I think the small would go away. However, would it rub off? Dunno, but I'd be worried it would. I might give it a try in an inconspicuous spot.

I wouldn't use any markers with alcohol content, not when it's touching rubber. Magic marker ink gets sticky on any non absorbent material.
Black Acrylic washes work perfectly. They also make it look a little more leather like on the inside. If you use decent quality acrylic, you can paint fabric with it and it won't crack or thicken the fabric.

photo-44.jpg

Why do you think that? Not a loaded question, I'm genuinely curious.

Yeah, I'm surprised to hear that too. The 89 suit is far superior IMO, the Returns one was beautiful but felt a little too polished for me, I didn't like the chest armour look as much.

Movie wise though, Returns is my favourite. A real Burton movie. Not all of it works but parts of it really soar. And Catwoman is one of the most iconic characters in cinema history.

I wouldn't use any markers with alcohol content, not when it's touching rubber. Magic marker ink gets sticky on any non absorbent material.
Black Acrylic washes work perfectly. They also make it look a little more leather like on the inside. If you use decent quality acrylic, you can paint fabric with it and it won't crack or thicken the fabric.

photo-44.jpg

Looks good. But Elvis1976 and I were concerned that any kind of paint wash would make the cape stiffer, which completely defeats the purpose of the mod. Thoughts?

Why do you think that? Not a loaded question, I'm genuinely curious.

Well, I'm no doubt biased because I love the movie so much, but I like the sleek lines and the real boots. It's just sharper looking to me.

Looks good. But Elvis1976 and I were concerned that any kind of paint wash would make the cape stiffer, which completely defeats the purpose of the mod. Thoughts?

Well, I'm no doubt biased because I love the movie so much, but I like the sleek lines and the real boots. It's just sharper looking to me.

I tried it on the spare cut offs first and it was fine.
I used this technique quite a lot on some of my Indy customs, as long as it's well watered down in washes it doesn't stiffen the fabric. Let you know when it dries fully. But the tester was perfect.

And regarding the the Returns suit. I love it as well, just prefer the rawness of the 89 suit. But as far as the movie goes, with you 100%.

Back