Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update:

After swallowing 3 Jacks and Coke I decided to have a bash. Fortunately since it's been designed by monkey's its not that hard if your good with your hands and have some jewellers screw drivers.

The actual rod of the PERS go's into a what I would explain as a Y bridge bracket with a hole. The stick you move goes into a rounded hole and at the end of the tips of the Y are the eyes but they are held on by plastic that's obviously glued and extremely thin (and breakable).

To actually make it work again would be quite a fiddly operation but do able with the right tools, to actually move the eyes back into place is quite easy if you want to save with the bother of sending it back.

Needless to say it's a **** design that is begging to be broken.

Any further PERS figures I WILL NOT be moving the eye's. I suggest people be very careful because after seeing the mechanics of it, it is very poorly designed. I'm sure Action man from 1980 had better.

****ing PERS.

Tell me about it. See above for the solution.

I can take pics if you guys want a detailed explanation. Terrible design for something so simple.

With the ability to tilt the head, I see no need for the vertical movements (which is the problem with the design), horizontal movements would be just fine.

Tell me about it. See above for the solution.

I can take pics if you guys want a detailed explanation. Terrible design for something so simple.

With the ability to tilt the head, I see no need for the vertical movements (which is the problem with the design), horizontal movements would be just fine.

Really sucks what happens to you. It will be great if you can share some pictures, maybe someone can help to make a fix or an upgrade to it.

DX 08 is Joker and DX 09 is Batman. That's their numerical designation in the DX series.

Yes, I was just kidding :). Just like Boba Ben said, its their numerical designation. Their "production code". So the 08 is the Nicholson Joker, and the 09 is the Keaton Batman. Just like the DX01 is the Ledger joker and the DX02 is the Bale batman. :)

Oh, OK I get it now.

Still learning the lingo. :)

Thanks. :)

Update:

After swallowing 3 Jacks and Coke I decided to have a bash. Fortunately since it's been designed by monkey's its not that hard if your good with your hands and have some jewellers screw drivers.

The actual rod of the PERS go's into a what I would explain as a Y bridge bracket with a hole. The stick you move goes into a rounded hole and at the end of the tips of the Y are the eyes but they are held on by plastic that's obviously glued and extremely thin (and breakable).

To actually make it work again would be quite a fiddly operation but do able with the right tools, to actually move the eyes back into place is quite easy if you want to save with the bother of sending it back.

Any further PERS figures I WILL NOT be moving the eye's. I suggest people be very careful because after seeing the mechanics of it, it is very poorly designed. I'm sure Action man from 1980 had better.
Good to know. I think I'll leave mine alone from now on.

I have taken quite a few PERS boxes apart and removed the eyes. Never have had much of a problem to be honest. It's a pretty simple mechanism?

Update:

Your right I've taken one apart as well and I also think it's a **** design. I still think EBs is far superior. Two joysticks, one going directly into each eye.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I remember when I was a kid I'd put sharpie all over my beat up toys to make them black. Black Stormtroopers, black cars, black Batman figures.

It reminds me of spilled fuel. Or spilt calligraphy pen ink.

Your right I've taken one apart as well and I also think it's a **** design. I still think EBs is far superior. Two joysticks, one going directly into each eye.

Yes, two joysticks would be much easier and safer!

Oh, OK I get it now.

Still learning the lingo. :)

Thanks. :)

No worries about that from anyone here. I hope this helps. This is the the list of all HT figures with the DX registration:

DX01: Dark Knight - Joker
DX02: Dark Knight - Batman
DX03: "BAD" - Michael Jackson
DX04: Enter The Dragon - Bruce Lee
DX05: Raiders Of The Lost Ark - Indiana Jones
DX06: Pirates Of The Caribbean On Stranger Tides - Cpt. Jack Sparrow
DX07: The Empire Strikes Back - Luke Skywalker (Bespin outfit)
DX08: Batman (1989) - Joker
DX09: Batman (1989) - Batman
DX10: Terminator II - T800
DX11: Dark Knight - Joker 2.0
DX12 Dark Knight Rises - Batman

When written like that, I think the most obvious mistake is the Joker 2.0 It should never have been done as it sticks out as such a glaring repeat/retread...I think that it cheapens the list a little.

No worries about that from anyone here. I hope this helps. This is the the list of all HT figures with the DX registration:

DX01: Dark Knight - Joker
DX02: Dark Knight - Batman
DX03: "BAD" - Michael Jackson
DX04: Enter The Dragon - Bruce Lee
DX05: Raiders Of The Lost Ark - Indiana Jones
DX06: Pirates Of The Caribbean On Stranger Tides - Cpt. Jack Sparrow
DX07: The Empire Strikes Back - Luke Skywalker (Bespin outfit)
DX08: Batman (1989) - Joker
DX09: Batman (1989) - Batman
DX10: Terminator II - T800
DX11: Dark Knight - Joker 2.0
DX12 Dark Knight Rises - Batman

When written like that, I think the most obvious mistake is the Joker 2.0 It should never have been done as it sticks out as such a glaring repeat/retread...I think that it cheapens the list a little.

I'm quite happy they did it. The facial features are thoroughly outstanding in the 2nd incarnation of it & I believe would probably be the more desirable one in the future.

Also it sates the appetite of the guys like me who couldn't buy one the first time round.

- Prabha

I'm quite happy they did it. The facial features are thoroughly outstanding in the 2nd incarnation of it & I believe would probably be the more desirable one in the future.

Also it sates the appetite of the guys like me who couldn't buy one the first time round.

- Prabha

My most anticipated figure.

- Prabha
I don't know if he's talking about the remake of the figure or the name that it have.
Maybe they should go for something diferent and no a 2.0

- Prabha

Yes there is that I suppose. In that respect, fair play to you.

I don't know if he's talking about the remake of the figure or the name that it have.
Maybe they should go for something diferent and no a 2.0

I feel personally, other disagree of course, that it was a bit too soon for a redux of this one, as there were so many variations on the market available just 3 short years ago...even DC-Direct did a half decent one! I don't know...would "Interrogation Room Joker" as the name, made a difference? I am not sure.

But still, that's me. Don't want to go too far off topic.

I feel personally, other disagree of course, that it was a bit too soon for a redux of this one, as there were so many variations on the market available just 3 short years ago...even DC-Direct did a half decent one! I don't know...would "Interrogation Room Joker" as the name, made a difference? I am not sure.

But still, that's me. Don't want to go too far off topic.

For me, this Dx 11 and 12 are must, cause I don't have the Dx 1 and 2.
to the date of those releases, I was not a "high end collector"... so now I have a chance to get a nice representation of joker and bats from noland films, so It's nice for me that they come again, but if you already have dx1 and 2, then yes, it's too soon...

anyway... off topic...

and I have also noticed that this Dx09 has become a "gold standar" on the batman fans, a perfect figure, a perfect sculp.:clap

For me, this Dx 11 and 12 are must, cause I don't have the Dx 1 and 2.
to the date of those releases, I was not a "high end collector"... so now I have a chance to get a nice representation of joker and bats from noland films, so It's nice for me that they come again, but if you already have dx1 and 2, then yes, it's too soon...

anyway... off topic...

and I have also noticed that this Dx09 has become a "gold standar" on the batman fans, a perfect figure, a perfect sculp.:clap

Well yes, like I said to prabha, if you did not get them first time around, then more power to you and well done for getting them now.

Which I suppose answers my own doubt really. There clearly is still a market for them because not everyone got them at the DX01 and DX02 stage.

As for the Keaton Bat. He is, in my opinion, the best ever HT figure.

I got the regular face plate to sit a little deeper into the face by shaving the back and just a tiny, tiny bit on the sides with an exacto. Now it doesn't protrude as much on his right side.

some pictures I just take...

DSC00199.jpg

DSC00201.jpg

DSC00204.jpg

what an amazing figure.

Back