Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I'm being a smartass anyway:

You have it mixed up. $200 USD does not equal £309.78, it's the other way around --> £200 = $309

So $249 = £161.

Of course you have to add shipping, possible tax etc., so it's more expensive at the end, but $249 is nowhere near £385 at the end.

Well no one likes a smart arse. Even more so, and regardless of me accidentally mixing a couple of denomination symbols, a smart arse that totally misses the entire point of the post!

I paid, in cash, over £250 UK for my DX02 from Forbidden Planet in Coventry, (and accidentally crossed symbols not withstanding)

this equates to $380(US) odd + change

If the boot were on the other foot, would an American buyer want to get one from Britain with such a huge extra mark up? I doubt it. And that is the point of the post.

Besides which we are talking about the differences between the USA and the UK and about pounds and dollars here (you remember the stuff...real actual money that carries a bona fide, genuine monetary value? And not the garish toilet paper that most of Europe is using...but for how much longer I wonder?).

Would it be cheaper to buy such things on line? Yes of course it would.

But hey, here's a revolutionary thought...you know what? Just about everything else is too. So if that "it will be cheaper" part of your argument can be applied to pretty much everything you can buy on line anyway...it's an argument that does not really carry much weight anymore.

But I'll tell you what I really appreciate, shall I? What I really appreciate is being told how wonderfully cheap things are in my own country, by someone who lives some 600-700 miles away! :slap

:gah:

TESTIFY!!!

:lol:goodpost:

1335772245241.gif

Seriously, buy from Hong Kong. There are a few reputable sellers who will charge a reasonable shipping rate, mark as low value and sell for less than retail. Buying anything from FP is asking to be overcharged. Send me a pm if you want me to recommend anyone to you.

Well no one likes a smart arse. Even more so, and regardless of me accidentally mixing a couple of denomination symbols, a smart arse that totally misses the entire point of the post!

I paid, in cash, over £250 UK for my DX02 from Forbidden Planet in Coventry, (and accidentally crossed symbols not withstanding)

this equates to $380(US) odd + change

If the boot were on the other foot, would an American buyer want to get one from Britain with such a huge extra mark up? I doubt it. And that is the point of the post.

Besides which we are talking about the differences between the USA and the UK and about pounds and dollars here (you remember the stuff...real actual money that carries a bona fide, genuine monetary value? And not the garish toilet paper that most of Europe is using...but for how much longer I wonder?).

Would it be cheaper to buy such things on line? Yes of course it would.

But hey, here's a revolutionary thought...you know what? Just about everything else is too. So if that "it will be cheaper" part of your argument can be applied to pretty much everything you can buy on line anyway...it's an argument that does not really carry much weight anymore.

But I'll tell you what I really appreciate, shall I? What I really appreciate is being told how wonderfully cheap things are in my own country, by someone who lives some 600-700 miles away! :slap

:gah:

:dunno
The guy was asking about the conversion rate, and you gave him false information. I believe you that it was a mistake, but as the post stands with the mistake, Superman/Darrel understood it as if this was going for $125 on ebay (see post #11564). So he understood the exact opposite of what you were trying to say, so I'd say the mistake was pretty crucial to the point you were trying to make.
And you going on about prices online vs. in-store don't make sense, as the original post was about the going price on ebay. And yes, if you paid £250 for DX02, you overpaid.

And I appreciate your disrespectful sarcasm. :wave

:dunno
The guy was asking about the conversion rate, and you gave him false information. I believe you that it was a mistake, but as the post stands with the mistake, Superman/Darrel understood it as if this was going for $125 on ebay (see post #11564). So he understood the exact opposite of what you were trying to say, so I'd say the mistake was pretty crucial to the point you were trying to make.
And you going on about prices online vs. in-store don't make sense, as the original post was about the going price on ebay. And yes, if you paid £250 for DX02, you overpaid.

And I appreciate your disrespectful sarcasm. :wave

Like I said. Not a clue :slap

What are talking about? I never pay over the odds for my Hot Toys.

If you buy from places like Play, Amazon or Forbidden planet they yeah, you will pay those crazy prices.
UK stores Kitbash and One Sixth Bruce are the way to go.
I have 37 Hot toys and they either are from Loontenttoy in China or those two stores.

37??!! I own 7 :thud:

I buy from top rated eBay seller called guobei11. He runs the golden warrior store. He definitely has cheaper prices than loontentoys, kidulttoys and most others on eBay. Exceptional service and postage protection.He even gives 7% discount if you use PayPal directly. Got 5 dx figures from him and just got superman, rb Spiderman, black Spiderman and classic predator in one order. Delivered in 5 days in perfect condition. Highly recommended.

Just found him, thanks chockey. Yes he does offer good pricing. I feel my temptation growing to get a black and R/B suit spidey pair!

I asked him why he jacked up the price of the R/B Spiderman so much after I bought one off him. He said it is his last one, and he always ups the price on his last item. So I think his R/B Spiderman listing on ebay now is too expensive. I got it for $230, which I thought was a bit too expensive too, but that was the best price on ebay.

The key for me was all the feedback from his sold items. I went and asked some of those buyers, and each one told me they were repeat customers of his because of his honesty and service. Definitely a great seller.

I got these 4 today from him :)

im haveing a hard time with the flashlight trying to get the batsignal to shine right. theres always this little dot from the flashlight and it doesnt shine right, does anyone know what i mean? how can you get the batsignal piece to shine correct and clear?

Back