Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am afraid to attempt it. It appears you would have to shave or trim some of the exterior of the cover. It is just larger than needs be. Tapering or trimming the inside I don't believe would do any good.

edit: on second look, maybe trimming a bit of the inside would help the fit. However, I am thinking they made it larger so you had something to grab onto to open it. When it sits flush, I bet it will be near impossible to open it with ease. It is just a bad place to have a PERS panel.:monkey2

Last edited:
Well you can make it flushed on the sides, but then the top seam on the top of the head is off.

You can't really win.

I got my second one and it was perfectly flush on all sides. Looked really good. Of course, I had to be a dumb ass to test the PERS (I don't know why, but I have this OCD where I've got to make sure that nothing is wrong with any of my figures) and took the panel off.

The PERS was fine, I go to put the panel back on the head and now the damn thing is poking out again.

I'll never fully understand the whole panel idea. I though for sure it would be done as the DX02 was done. I didn't even think about it that how certain I was. I hope mine isn't all jacked up.

I'm gonna squeeze this post in now before the next wave of new pics comes up. Here are the poses I have tried so far:

IMG_5262.jpg

IMG_5297.jpg

IMG_5556.jpg

Last two are the same pose.

Very versatile figure. As much of a pain the cape is to work with, it's the main reason that this figure is so dynamic imo.

I love these three. I think they are my favorite along with that close up portrait you did a ways back. Nice work.

Can't the cover be filed or sanded down to fit? Or even shaved with an exacto.

This is what I was thinking. It can't be too hard. Just shave off a miniscule amount each time to ensure you don't take too much off. Of course I'd be willing to see how yours turns out first before I thought about taking an exacto to mine.:lol That is if I even end up having that problem. I will know tomorrow.

Hmmm I know UPS is running tomorrow and I'm pretty sure USPS is too. Who is your carrier?

I'm from Australia, so Australia post i guess? haha. tracking the item and its got to australia and then stopped saying business closed so its been in the same place since friday and tomorrows Tuesday so it should finally be on its way! i hope

Some of the best poses out there. This is one of the first you did and the one I copied for my display. As always, thanks for sharing your talented poses with us.

I love these three. I think they are my favorite along with that close up portrait you did a ways back. Nice work.

Thanks guys. :duff

...it looks like ass from the side.
89bats003.jpg

Can't the cover be filed or sanded down to fit? Or even shaved with an exacto.

I haven't had any trouble with mine. If I work with it I can get it to sit in there really flush. The plastic the panel is made out of is quite malleable.

IMG_5701.jpg

IMG_5699.jpg

Here's a view from the front. All three pics of the panel were take without futzing with it in between. It can be made to look good from all angles:

IMG_5703.jpg

If you're finding that it really is impossible to get it to look like that then yours is different than mine and perhaps a bit of sanding is in order. But try to pinch and squeeze the plastic into place a bit more first. :peace

And I have no idea how some of you attach thumbnails. :lol

To include a pic in a post, copy the "IMG" code from whatever image hosting site you use:

Screenshot2012-01-29at90013PM.png

Then simply paste it directly into your post.

Definitely better than thumbnails. I honestly have gotten to lazy to even click on thumbnails, so if I'm gonna look at a pic it needs to be full size in a post.

Thanks for the info, broski. Btw, u gotta have a hosting site instead of uploading the photos from your hard drive?? :dunno

If you're finding that it really is impossible to get it to look like that then yours is different than mine and perhaps a bit of sanding is in order. But try to pinch and squeeze the plastic into place a bit more first. :peace

Before sanding anything, maybe just heating up the head without the cover on would expand the head a little, then inserting the cover back may be easier? As it cools hopefully the cover won't pop out.

Because this is probably a fairly brittle plastic you're working with, I would only use a hair dryer on low heat for a few seconds at a time, increasing duration/heat as you go.

Thanks guys. :duff

I haven't had any trouble with mine. If I work with it I can get it to sit in there really flush. The plastic the panel is made out of is quite malleable.

IMG_5701.jpg

IMG_5699.jpg

Here's a view from the front. All three pics of the panel were take without futzing with it in between. It can be made to look good from all angles:

IMG_5703.jpg

Heat the part with a blowdryer. It worked for me. :lecture

I'm gonna squeeze this post in now before the next wave of new pics comes up. Here are the poses I have tried so far:

IMG_5556.jpg

Last two are the same pose.

Very versatile figure. As much of a pain the cape is to work with, it's the main reason that this figure is so dynamic imo.

Pose stolen. I displayed it on the HT stand though. Looks great, especially with the lights on. Thanks for the fantastic pose!!

Back