Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mentioned this in another thread. When the Batman Returns figures is released I plan on using the Bruce Wayne head (if they include it) to make this,

batmanunmasked.jpg

Ah the old "deleted scene" that made it to the comic adaptation. That'll work if its a clean Bruce Wayne head (without the torn cowl's neckpiece going all the way up to his ears like in the movie). I think his face is also bleeding from Catwoman's hit at that point too, but you can just pass that off as Batwing crash battle damage.

Are there still copies of that original movie comic getting around in fairly new condition, if one were inclined to purchase it??

I'd love a copy. :wave

Yeah, I just pulled out my copy and started looking at it. There's some great stuff in it.

You could probably get it for a few bucks off of ebay Vintij.

I'm so lazy.. I've wanted that 1989 movie adaption comic for years. :lol

That's a great idea btw Difabio! Keaton in his blacks minus the cape, cowl & symbol - draping the belt over his shoulder. :cool:

sorry qbomb, I DID mean the cover :)

so how would you improve it again?

HTs is waiting for your answer...

just kidding :peace

:peace Ha. For improvement I would not have put it on the sculpt at all if possible (maybe in the neck, under the cowl). I have tried squeezing it and then it protrudes out the sides. Anyway, it is what is and I have manipulated it so that my OCD want drive me crazy:panic: Awesome figure overall and I have taken the tape off the belt and super glued the magnet in place. I really don't expect this suit to leak oil either. Really think that ordeal will end up a non-issue.

Thanks. Yeah it would go great as a book end along with the First Night out/Survival Suit Begins Wayne.

It'll definitely be the 1st thing I do when a Returns Batman comes out. Put the head on the '89 suit, take off the cape, gauntlets and throw the belt over his shoulder.

Thanks. Yeah it would go great as a book end along with the First Night out/Survival Suit Begins Wayne.

It'll definitely be the 1st thing I do when a Returns Batman comes out. Put the head on the '89 suit, take off the cape, gauntlets and throw the belt over his shoulder.

Are you planning to get CREG's Customs' Keaton Wayne? Shaping up pretty well.

I like your idea too, would look really cool.

I've been following his project. Really dig the WIP 3D elements but I tend to stay away from custom projects.

I don't really like the idea of having "Bruce Wayne" figures, you know, "guys in a suit") but Batman unmasked has always been cool to me. I envision a shelf with the Keaton/Bruce Wayne above and the First Night out Bale. Maybe do this focal point and display their cowls.

A civilian Wayne I might go for is a turtle neck/blue jeans look. I know myself and others had/have that figure as kids with the removable cowl and armor. That would be nice to have a 1/6 version of now and see how far action figures have come.

I've been following his project. Really dig the WIP 3D elements but I tend to stay away from custom projects.

A civilian Wayne I might go for is a turtle neck/blue jeans look. I know myself and others had/have that figure as kids with the removable cowl and armor. That would be nice to have a 1/6 version of now and see how far action figures have come.

I will convince you to get a custom one day. :lol

And yes, that was my favourite figure growing up eventhough i knew how ridiculously out of scale the armour and cowl were

I am SURE it is possible to do it now in a realistic way, just need someone to give it a solid shot. That's why I want to see EB try removable cowl with their 1/4 Batman as well, whats the point upping the scale to 1/4 if you're not going to have a meaningful difference in realism.

I'd want it for the raccoon eyes on Keaton and Bale alone. :lol

I understand your fascination with removable mask figures all too well. My favorite figures/toys as a kid were the ones that could quickly change into and out of their gear.

brucewayne%28dk%29.jpg

brucewayne(br).jpg

brucewayne%28bas%29.jpg

If we could get a form fitting, 1/6 or 1/4 Batman cowl that could do this. Man, that would be something.

batman3.jpg

batman4.jpg

batman2.jpg

batman1.jpg

:exactly:

Not to derail this thread further but really hoping we see Bane smash Batman's mask right off his face in TDKR, and that we see Bale with the Racoon eyes on screen.

I think it'll make him look ridiculous, and in a way that will add to his humiliation

:exactly:

Not to derail this thread further but really hoping we see Bane smash Batman's mask right off his face in TDKR, and that we see Bale with the Racoon eyes on screen.

I think it'll make him look ridiculous, and in a way that will add to his humiliation

I'd love to see that, it'd be great but you know they're just going to do the disappearing trick if that happens in Batman Returns or not show it at all. They'll never let the audience see that movie magic element in a Batman film. The world would implode.

Remember, it's not supposed to be make up under the eyes in the Burton and Nolan movies. It's the cowl.

Look at how ridiculously small those eye holes are,

AlfredBegins.jpg

I'd love to see that, it'd be great but you know they're just going to do the disappearing trick if that happens in Batman Returns or not show it at all. They'll never let the audience see that movie magic element in a Batman film. The world would implode.

Remember, it's not supposed to be make up under the eyes in the Burton and Nolan movies. It's the cowl.

Look at how ridiculously small those eye holes are,

AlfredBegins.jpg

I don't know dude

I always thought the way Joker has racoon makeup in TDK is yet another parallel between him and Batman. Nolan loves his parallels. I would certainly be disappointed if they do the movie magic trick ala Keaton in Returns.

Did you read this TDKR interview with Modine?

"I'm not allowed to discuss the contents of that. You are not going to make me. I had to sign three non-disclosure agreements saying that I would not discuss my character, the script, or the events that happened on the set. It was a really fun shoot. I did see Christian Bale on set without his Bat cowl. So I am discussing something...He took it off, and his eyes were painted like a raccoon. He said, "I'm gong to have to kill you know that you've seen me without my hat on."

Back