Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy Divorce Batman!

Just find another lady that supports your obsession with bats?

Batman-12.jpg

Just after peoples opinions on this really. The only fault i can really find with mine is that the paint application on the bat sign isn't 100%. I don't know if i am being picky or not and i know hot toys say that it can vary, but i guess it just bugging me a litlle bit.

batmansign2.jpg

batsign1.jpg

If it bothers you enough, ask about getting it replaced, but, for something like that, you might have a hard time getting your seller to see it as a defect warranting replacement, being a little extra paint and not like chipped paint or worn off spots that are damage vs. poor factory work.

Also, I imagine something like that will probably be found with more consistency than you might expect, and your replacement could have it or even worse. With this stuff being hand painted I have a feeling the bat logo will be inconsistent for paint quality. I see yours as minor, someone that posted, I think there was yellow still showing around the edges of the bat itself and it looked really bad. I'm picky about paint issues as it can affect my photography, which is half the reason I collect, and I'd be happy with yours compared to what else I've seen as possible so far, in fact I probably wouldn't notice your defect if you didn't highlight it or point it out.

If it bothers you enough, ask about getting it replaced, but, for something like that, you might have a hard time getting your seller to see it as a defect warranting replacement, being a little extra paint and not like chipped paint or worn off spots that are damage vs. poor factory work.

Also, I imagine something like that will probably be found with more consistency than you might expect, and your replacement could have it or even worse. With this stuff being hand painted I have a feeling the bat logo will be inconsistent for paint quality. I see yours as minor, someone that posted, I think there was yellow still showing around the edges of the bat itself and it looked really bad. I'm picky about paint issues as it can affect my photography, which is half the reason I collect, and I'd be happy with yours compared to what else I've seen as possible so far, in fact I probably wouldn't notice your defect if you didn't highlight it or point it out.

:goodpost::exactly:

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

But that's not me, that must be Coco going out for coffee. :lol

Just after peoples opinions on this really. The only fault i can really find with mine is that the paint application on the bat sign isn't 100%. I don't know if i am being picky or not and i know hot toys say that it can vary, but i guess it just bugging me a litlle bit.

batmansign2.jpg

batsign1.jpg

Honestly, I'd leave it alone, if you do get a replacement, you could end up with one that's more defective, that's the risk you take, be thankful that ther's no chip in the armor or a loose joint, those will drive you crazy :lecture

Ye you are probably right, i was just wondering what everyone thought of it is all, as i said its the only thing i can see thats wrong so it pretty minor really.

I'm pretty sure the original movie prop costumes had some minor paint "defects" too. Nothing can be 100% perfect and this complaint can hardly warrant a legit reason for a returns, IMO.
Personally, a return or replacement should only be for a broken part on the figure, not a minor paint app. error.
Of course, if you are that unhappy about the figure, I'll buy it from you for $75 since "technically" it is defective. :wink1:

Back