Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the things I dislike about Burton is his lack of variety. Every movie from Returns to Alice in Wonderland is the same gothic, quirky ____. I think that's why I like Beetlejuice, Batman, and Mars Attacks! so much. They stick out (Beetlejuice to a lesser extent), but it shows how Burton could be viewed if he wasn't doing the same Depp with eye shadow/ "Hey! Look at my kooky wife" vehicles. It's almost like Burton's afraid to try anything new, so he hides behind a veil of eccentricity and abnormality. He tries so hard to make his films out of the ordinary, that it's becoming tedious.

hey was watching batman returns and noticed the bat symbol on suit was differnt from 1st batman suit symbol ..Does anyone think they will make a 2nd of this version ? "batman returns "I have heard only making this version and then moving on ..

The Batman Returns suit was completely different from the first movie. You can bank on Hot Toys making a BR version.

hey was watching batman returns and noticed the bat symbol on suit was differnt from 1st batman suit symbol ..Does anyone think they will make a 2nd of this version ? "batman returns "I have heard only making this version and then moving on ..

There are other differences as well. For instance, the body armor on the front of the suit is very different (it's shaped more like armor, instead of fake, round muscles).

We have no idea if they're going to do "Batman Returns" versions, but many of us hope they do.

cool ! would like to have this guy in collection ...just already made my po's and not changing for him even tho it's bad ass batman, and will regret gettin ...maybe will be able to get later ,schaa rt ! and maybe others will wait for 2nd version to be released ...im doubtfull and know the bat will disapear fast fn ninjas!!!

Hated the Returns suit. The cowl is weird. Makes Keaton's eyes look big and goofy most of the time, I thought.

:lecture:lecture:lecture The Returns suit looks more like a cheap, ill-fitting Halloween costume. In shots where the cape flows up in back, I almost expect to see an elastic strap holding the chest piece on Keaton. :lol

Im just hoping bats sticks around long enough so maybe i can have this version to pick up just like the 2nd symbol better on returns but thats it ...

Said this before, say it again, the symbol HT is using is from the Returns outfit.

You'd think by now they'd use the proper ref materials...

Said this before, say it again, the symbol HT is using is from the Returns outfit.

You'd think by now they'd use the proper ref materials...

You're wrong. Hot Toys got it right.

:monkey4

Returns,

batman-returns-keaton.jpg

'89

chest3.jpg

Hot Toys '89

110825204758c642755fc5a81c.jpg

I don't know what you're talking about. Now, the pre-production prototype Returns suit had the '89 emblem, but that was a prototype. The final version was brand new.

BATMAN_RETURNS_BONUS-1.jpg

BATMAN_RETURNS_BONUS-5.jpg

norm-4d5e61f436d9a-Batman+%281989%29.jpeg
norm-4d5e629646a82-Batman+Returns+%281992%29.jpeg

will maybe end up ordering this one 2nd suit doesnt look batty enough like 1st one 2nd version hmmmmm not so happy......

just wanted to preorder bats and joker at onesixthbruce ... but it's already sold out :gah:
dang it, the price was really good.

any suggestions where else to get a good price for these inside the EU?

just wanted to preorder bats and joker at onesixthbruce ... but it's already sold out :gah:
dang it, the price was really good.

any suggestions where else to get a good price for these inside the EU?

Same thing with me... I emailed him and he said to wait for the next 24 hours...

Yeah, I was referring to the SIZE of the emblem ( something many of us noticed when pics were first posted) -- and also the bat symbol seems to be raised higher (relief style) over the yellow base than it was in 89.

No doubt about the symbol design. :)

Back