Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because that's how Burton did it. I actually would've preferred the gold logo too.

Yeah I never understood this either, I prefer the gold as well.

too much light on the face

11090323412537c14e7ef14980.jpg

2011-08-31152340.jpg

Even with the light that sculpt looks great! Probably the most impressive feature on this figure is the eyes, it really looks like he's wearing a mask. It's a nice space between the mask and the eye's like in the movie plus the black around the eyes is very nice.

Not everybody has the liberties of your financial situation. :dunno

Truth be told, if I was limited to one, it would be Keaton's Batman. Batman is still Batman without the Joker. But Nicholson's Joker (outside of a Joker collection), is nothing without '89 Batman. That doesn't mean he won't look good displayed on his own, but I'd always look at him and wish I'd gotten Batman too.

Yeah I have to agree. As much as Im a fan of Nicholson's Joker it would seem off just him on display outside a full Joker collection or without 89 Bats. I ran into this problem when I bought my HT Joker and had no Batman it drove me crazy until I got one. It just isn't right. But to each his own, regardless its a very nice piece and worth buying.
Get what you like and to hell with what anyone else thinks.

For me I feel they must both be grabbed, either at the same time or down the road once youve saved up again. But if you get a KEaton batman, forget everything else and make sure the Joker is your next figure... before you regret it like I regretted not picking up the DX01 joker, thats partially why I'm selling my Batman DX02. The two compliment each other and are incomplete without one another lol

Or, maybe he can just buy one, like he wants. After all, it's his ____ing money, right? :lol

I'm a HT collector, have been since their early military days. I don't collect like you. Nolan's Batman and Burton's Batman will happily coexist in my collection because I don't have OCD issues. Matter of fact, when HT releases the new Superman, He'll stand proudly next to Nolan's Batman on a shelf below Burton's Batman and Donner's Superman. How's that chaff yer chonies? :lol :pfft:
Um...ok? :dunno The guy said he wants both but that it isn't possible for him. I offered my story as to how I'm making it possible for me. Not sure what the 'roid rage is all about here, nam.

I just tried sitting thru Returns again but I simply can't do it.

All the charm from the first one is gone.

There are still some scenes I enjoy but overall, hell noooooo!

I even prefer the 89 costume over Returns.

I always preferred Returns over Batman.

I whored hard for that first Batman film, but when I saw it, I knew on some level that it failed to stick the landing. Burton's style is largely lost, and it has to be one of the most poorly edited big-budget films I've ever seen. Some great moments, but stilted action and everything feels too staged. Few of the scenes play out naturally.

Returns goes way off the rails as a faithful Batman adaptation, but I like it as an Elseworlds tale. Batman has been reinterpreted more times than any hero I know of, and this to me is simply Burton's Batman. Where he was clearly held back by WB in 89 (understandably given his short pedigree), this is just dripping with his style. Even the story, with people pretending to be freaks, and a freak pretending to be a real person, is classic Burton.

Guys Im nervous with this one..I can see that whole cowl melting into the cape or some bullsheet like that

So sell it.

For those who had leaky DX02s - if they bought it at retail prices, I'm pretty sure they were still able to sell it for enough to recoup their money.

Returns goes way off the rails as a faithful Batman adaptation, but I like it as an Elseworlds tale. Batman has been reinterpreted more times than any hero I know of, and this to me is simply Burton's Batman. Where he was clearly held back by WB in 89 (understandably given his short pedigree), this is just dripping with his style. Even the story, with people pretending to be freaks, and a freak pretending to be a real person, is classic Burton.

I always thought "Batman Returns" worked well as a tale of one of Batman's "last" adventures - storywise, anyway, and in the context of "movie Batman" (rather than the eternal "comic Batman"). It's like one of his last big confrontations before he finally walks away from the role.

Before Nolan came on-board for TDKR, I postulated that "Batman Returns" might work fairly well as an unofficial final film in the Nolan trilogy. The freaks have pretty much taken over Gotham and Wayne's become a recluse, looking for a way out of his current life.

Of course, now that Nolan is back and we're getting TDKR - along with a new Catwoman - it's not going to work to see it in that light, for the most part.

That symbol was utterly unique to that movie. The wings are more representational of a real bat. I've never seen it in comics or movies before or since. Does anyone know who actually tweeked it? Was it Anton?

I whored hard for that first Batman film, but when I saw it, I knew on some level that it failed to stick the landing. Burton's style is largely lost, and it has to be one of the most poorly edited big-budget films I've ever seen. Some great moments, but stilted action and everything feels too staged. Few of the scenes play out naturally.

:exactly::goodpost:

Burton doesn't like the first movie. He says the best thing about it was that it allowed him to make Batman Returns. That whole movie is bonkers Burton weirdness - why I love it.

:exactly::goodpost:

Burton doesn't like the first movie. He says the best thing about it was that it allowed him to make Batman Returns. That whole movie is bonkers Burton weirdness - why I love it.

Just goes to show the man has bad taste. Returns is just slightly better than the garbage that followed it. :lol

Burton is a kooky weirdo, ____ him.

I think Burton being in a leash for the first batman film is what makes it his best film. I just watched Returns the other night for the first time in probably over a decade, and I'm so glad the first film didn't take place in that world. I wish he'd have kept Returns in the same universe; then we would have gotten two good Batman films out of him.

But obviously Burton fans would prefer the second, and that makes total sense. It's so heavy-handily Burton.

Back