Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you also think the origin story in Superman 78 (even further "back then") was being spoon-fed to the audience?

Different time all together. You're talking about a decade earlier.

Not at all, Returns suit has a better fitting cowl, boots and suit was made with sharper details then the previous suit.

If you mean he could turn his head while the loose fitting cowl stayed in place, then yeah. Look at the chest piece. It looks like an Asian bootleg of a Batman costume. Great for 70's Toho flicks, poor for a U.S. based summer blockbuster. :monkey1

haight-hippie.jpg

Now if I gotta tell you why an origin would need to be explained in the 70's.... :lol

I contacted eric over at toys2 about the release date, and whether bats and joker will be released at the same time or not, and he said:

"According to past experience, they won't be released in the same time.

Its release date is not really accurate."

That's odd. Why would Sideshow and Hot Toys bother giving such a specific release date for both of them then?

Dang! Now that looks awesome. Craps, I was gonna get Predator and now this....geez I'm gonna burn through cash fast.

From the pics it seems like his head won't be able to move, unless its rubber around the neck area.

But I think I will get this, though I like Returns suit more. Joker, no thanks. Heath's Joker is my favorite.

Keaton did have limited movement with the cowl on at the neck, you can see it in the link below.

[ame="https://youtu.be/OZyNI5iq1qk"]https://youtu.be/OZyNI5iq1qk[/ame]

Yeah it's already been discussed that he could move his head slightly. They've all managed to find away, especially ____ing Clooney and his trademark bobblin head.

I mean, it's not a complete turn or anything but there is slight movement.

Order placed with Alter Ego

The price of these figures being what they are, I couldn't justify the purchase without selling some other figures to foot the bill. So with a Batman and Predator figure off in the mail, I just placed my order for Batman and Joker from Alter Ego Comics :)

Burton knew everybody already at least had some knowledge of Batman's origin. That's what makes the whole opening scene of the movie fun. He had a lot of people, including myself, thinking that was little Bruce and his parents getting ready to be robbed and then he just slowly adds his origin story to the film. Brilliant.

I also like how Hulk's was told in the flashback sequences as well.

Yep, great fake-out scene and an awesome way to then show Batman for the first time. I may have to pop in Batman this evening, been too long since I last saw it :rock

As for the Returns costume; I don't have a strong like or dislike for it. To be perfectly honest I never even realized it had been changed from the first movie until I was an adult. But, I do still prefer the original '89 look when comparing the two.

Yeah it's already been discussed that he could move his head slightly. They've all managed to find away, especially ____ing Clooney and his trademark bobblin head.

I mean, it's not a complete turn or anything but there is slight movement.

I think this figure should have this same range of articulation.

I think this figure should have this same range of articulation.

Yeah and then the whole cowl would be flimsy ass rubber. No thanks. I mean, think about that for a second, unless you gave it an internal exo-articulation, i.e. rubber over a jointed head (think Arnold/Dastan/Stallone/Royce etc.) with the PERS and mouthpiece it would never work well. It would be a piece of crap and that's the only way it could work. If not, the PERS and mouth wouldn't be functional. I think we'd all prefer a solid, sculpted head as opposed to a baggy, cheap feeling head that could potentially fall apart.

I think it's fine as is. It's the best possible way to achieve the look of the film suit, and they pulled it off. The only thing this hard resin sculpt does is inhibit the collector of having the cape over the shoulders like in some of the publicity shots but even that may still be achievable.

Who the hell wants to pose him turning his head slightly like he did in the movie? That's what his eyes are for.

It's perfect and I mean that too. A rubber head would be terrible this is the best possible way to translate it in 1/6 scale. There is one way to incorporate the slight movement in the neck but that would mean a joint seam like the Takara neck since the bottom scallops of the cowl have to be stationary. People would _____ and moan about a seam of any kind.

Hot Toys did the very best they could do and nothing is lost because of it other than a 3 degree movement in the head.

Last edited:
Yeah and then the whole cowl would be flimsy ass rubber. No thanks. I mean, think about that for a second, unless you gave it an internal exo-articulation, i.e. rubber over a jointed head (think Arnold/Dastan/Stallone/Royce etc.) with the PERS and mouthpiece it would never work well. It would be a piece of crap and that's the only way it could work. If not, the PERS and mouth wouldn't be functional.

I think it's fine as is. It's the best possible way to achieve the look of the film suit, and they pulled it off. The only thing this hard resin sculpt does is inhibit the collector of having the cape over the shoulders like in some of the publicity shots but even that may still be achievable.

Who the hell wants to pose him turning his head slightly like he did in the movie? That's what his eyes are for.

It's perfect and I mean that too. A rubber head would be terrible this is the best possible way to translate it in 1/6 scale.

:exactly:Rubber is a bad idea.

Back