Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are people really canceling BB TF Ex. for this because they can only pick up one?

Wished there was a Keaton head sculpt for this took, but he really only took off his cowl in Batman Returns I think.

Are people really canceling BB TF Ex. for this because they can only pick up one?

Wished there was a Keaton head sculpt for this took, but he really only took off his cowl in Batman Returns I think.

Personally, I don't need to have half a dozen Bale Batman's on display, 1 is good enough for me.

For those who do have the previous bale bats figs I don't blame them for canceling considering the only difference is the Bale sculpt which they can get off Ebay. Put the rest of the money toward Keaton :dunno

1252550949.JPG

This will be one of the poses for one of the pairs I ordered.

I need an opinion from you guys. I dont have any Hot Toys Batman but I do have a Bale Batman on PO. Now the Keaton one comes out.. Which one should I get?

I have the Batman Begins TF EX on pre-order, and I'm not canceling. I'm also going to swing the Keaton Batman and Jack Nicholson Joker.

I need an opinion from you guys. I dont have any Hot Toys Batman but I do have a Bale Batman on PO. Now the Keaton one comes out.. Which one should I get?

We're Keaton crazy here. So we wont be any help, other then to turn you to the dark side.

Which of the movies do you like better? The ones with Keaton, or the ones with Bale? Other than that, I think you should get both if you're able to afford them all. But, I will note that Michael Keaton's costume is the more iconic of the two - it was used in the Batman comics, as well as the old animated series.

For some reason, i think the oozing only occurs when the hard plastic meets with the rubber. If the material is all rubber, then oozing should not be a problem.

Going by that logic when the belt was off it wouldn't have oozed but it did.

By the way guys, no one seemed to have asked this question as yet, but do you think that there's going to be any head/neck articulation in the Keaton Batman figure? It's been years since I saw 89 Batman, but if I remember correctly, Keaton couldn't turn his head.

For those who do have the previous bale bats figs I don't blame them for canceling considering the only difference is the Bale sculpt which they can get off Ebay.
I know its gonna look like stating obvious details, but its more than just the headsculpt. Even the reused elements, like the suit and the neutral mouth piece look better on the new Begins Bats. The mouth piece is painted to the standard HT displays today(which made a noticable improvement on the look of the cowl), and the suit rubber has a much more eye-pleasing matte finish. It doesnt seem much, but from the video-reviews, and SDCC photos(Michael Crawford pics for example) it can bee seen that the figure has a better overall look, feel and finish than the OC Bats.

Personaly I consider the design of Begins Suit, as the best looking film batsuit. It has the all the classic lines, and iconic Batman look, while adding that bestial element to it. Not to mention more high-end materials and finish. Bale is in many ways, a fantastic Batman, and Keaton is my childhood. One is fierce, complex and multifaceted, the other silent, brooding and psychotic. Both fantastic potrayals with their own set of unique strenghts. Most important though, both look AMAZING. Both look itimidating like no other 1/6 figure, and both have the iconic Batman look. Thats way I am gonna try to display them together, even if it means selling my kidney, or transforming my room into pot hydroponics field. For me its more important to get both Keaton, and Begins Bale, and be able to own two definitive Batman figures, rather then shell out on Keaton and Nicholson.

Thats why on one hand I want to say: Dont let go of Your Begins Bats, its awesome! On the other though...well, I am currently on the wait list, so the more people drop out, the better my chances get.:wink1:

Well, if it melts/warps at least it will match what the actual screen-used cowl prop looks like now. It's itself deteriorating:

tim-burton-LACMA-batman-cowl-mask.jpg

That is such a sad sad thing to see. :(

I ordered Batman only but not sure if ill keep the preorder.....

You must keep him.... just look at those pictures man!

Holy god this is beautiful. Hot toys did it again.

:exactly::lecture He is like an angel.

Hah... all these BB Bats cancels... can't wait to hear all the crying when it hits $500 again. I'm sorry, but missing out on the third time? Your fault! :lol

I will not cancel my BB Bats no way no how. I'm not missing out again. Burn the naysayers!

Both. Sell organs, rob civilians, do what you gotta do...

By the way guys, no one seemed to have asked this question as yet, but do you think that there's going to be any head/neck articulation in the Keaton Batman figure? It's been years since I saw 89 Batman, but if I remember correctly, Keaton couldn't turn his head.

There were a couple people that were concerned about neck articulation but, you are correct, Keaton couldn't turn his head in the suit. They even began calling the way he moved as "the Bat turn" during production because of it.

So no need for neck articulation in a figure when he didn't have it in the movie.

Quick little photoshop I did but it's not what you think,

ComicBatmanproject2.jpg

Last edited:
There were a couple people that were concerned about neck articulation but, you are correct, Keaton couldn't turn his head in the suit. They even began calling the way he moved as "the Bat turn" during production because of it.

So no need for neck articulation in a figure when he didn't have it in the movie.

Must have been a horrid feeling though when the back of your neck gets all sweaty. Then the rubber starts to stick to it. It's as bad as cold raindrops going down your neck.

Back