Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, shoehorning Keaton into a Snyderverse movie makes no sense, and illustrates exactly how comically awful WB is at this, but also... if it's this or nothing? Yeah, I'll take it.

Really, though, it should be a Batman Beyond movie and there's no excuse for it not being one. If anyone at WB had an ounce of foresight, they would have said "Instead of making a separate Batman solo movie while we also try to juggle existing shared franchises like Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Flash, why don't we finally do a Batman Beyond movie? That way there's a clear and logically separation between it and our shared universe?

Instead... now Erza is out of the Snyderverse? Or Keaton is IN the Snyderverse?

Like I said... if its this or nothing, I'll take it.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

DC is all about the Multiverse. It's not about who's in and who's out... They all exist on different Earths. And i'm very happy that WB figured it out.

Ezra's Flash making a cameo on The Flash TV series was just the first step. People liked it, so WB will build on that.

DC is all about the Multiverse. It's not about who's in and who's out... They all exist on different Earths. And i'm very happy that WB figured it out.

Ezra's Flash making a cameo on The Flash TV series was just the first step. People liked it, so WB will build on that.
I would be fine with that, for sure, but I'm just... not optimistic.

Between this or nothing, I'd rather take nothing.

Keaton's career has been on a bit of a comeback over the past half decade, and it's been nice seeing him return and standing on his own two feet. He deserves it.

But going back to the role that made him famous just makes him look desperate, especially since artistry over money was the reason he left the role in the first place. His original Batman movies stand nicely apart from the other series (Nolan, Snyder, etc.), and I wish they would just leave them that way.

All of that is in addition to the fact that a "multiverse" idea is a terrible, comic-booky, gimmicky idea that maybe comic book fans have no issue with, but general audiences aren't going to care about and will probably be confused by. It's extra baggage that takes away from a movie's ability to tell its own story. General audiences can handle reboots just fine - having alternate universes is just confusing and unnecessary and a real turn-off.

I swear, WB seems incapable of learning the lesson that they are being taught over and over....what makes DC movies shine is when they're not doing the Marvel, extended universe, comic book thing. I wish they would stop trying to copy a formula that frankly isn't suited to their characters or settings.

Between this or nothing, I'd rather take nothing.

Keaton's career has been on a bit of a comeback over the past half decade, and it's been nice seeing him return and standing on his own two feet. He deserves it.

But going back to the role that made him famous just makes him look desperate, especially since artistry over money was the reason he left the role in the first place. His original Batman movies stand nicely apart from the other series (Nolan, Snyder, etc.), and I wish they would just leave them that way.

All of that is in addition to the fact that a "multiverse" idea is a terrible, comic-booky, gimmicky idea that maybe comic book fans have no issue with, but general audiences aren't going to care about and will probably be confused by. It's extra baggage that takes away from a movie's ability to tell its own story. General audiences can handle reboots just fine - having alternate universes is just confusing and unnecessary and a real turn-off.

I swear, WB seems incapable of learning the lesson that they are being taught over and over....what makes DC movies shine is when they're not doing the Marvel, extended universe, comic book thing. I wish they would stop trying to copy a formula that frankly isn't suited to their characters or settings.

Hate to break it to you, but Keaton was famous before Batman.

The multiverse angle hasn't slowed down the CW-verse at all so I doubt that audiences will drop DC films over it, though there is definitely potential for such an angle to overcrowd individual stories.

I love the idea of a Keaton return in some capacity. Either have him crossover from a different Multiverse and be trapped in the current era or do a version of Batman Beyond where he’s the mentor Bruce Wayne to Terry or a new Batman.

Hate to break it to you, but Keaton was famous before Batman.

Hate to break it to you, but most people nowadays - especially the younger ones - think his only claim to fame is as Batman.

Perhaps I should have phrased it as "Going back to the role that he is famous for."

The multiverse angle hasn't slowed down the CW-verse at all so I doubt that audiences will drop DC films over it, though there is definitely potential for such an angle to overcrowd individual stories.

Yeah, the multiverse story isn't the only thing that CW shows are about - but that would be the sole, dominant focus of a "Flashpoint" movie.

And CW shows don't need to pull in the large numbers of ticket-paying audiences that an expensive blockbuster movie needs to in order to be profitable.

214704b1efd3b3a28398b0cdf05c9d7c.jpg

Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

i mean who even knows if he will don the suit again anyways or might be a bruce wayne cameo, but would be nice to see him in any kind of suit, could you imagine closure from the burton batman and the POSSIBLE BATMOBILE that we could witness a true successor to the 89/returns one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

i mean who even knows if he will don the suit again anyways or might be a bruce wayne cameo,

Via The Hollywood Reporter:

st5eccljza751.jpg

So if this goes through he'll definitely be in the suit.

Will there be a chance of the rubber suit ever breaking? Thinking of getting it and the Batmobile for nostalgic purposes. :rotfl

Back