Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys.

Better light:

He looks so amazing, no way I would have the balls to even dream of attempting something like that.
Fantastic work all round

Rondesmo said:
Neil:

It’s the HT stock cape. Just de-lined and de-wired. And the magic trick: my wife ironed it. Makes the difference! :wink1:

That’s exactly what a did to mine. Without the lining it’s a great cape.

View attachment 481958

Interesting guys, never knew about that, will look at some vids now & maybe consider doing the same.
Being able to drape it like that makes such a difference

Thanks for the pics & letting me know

Neil

That you did.

HT should reissue this.

They should but won?t. Or make a 1/4th batman returns. The only thing I want badly from them is a newer raimi Spider-Man and more returns batman figures. Not holding my breath tho. Especially this yr lol

Yeah. The one year Hot Toys wouldn’t be distracted by any major MCU, DCEU, or Star Wars movies, and there’s a global pandemic. :lol

Last edited:
How do you de-line and de-wire? Wouldn't mind trying that, but I could use some pointers, especially considering how fantastic a job you did. Cape looks perfect!

My favourite Batman cinematic outing to-date, and rubber body + poor articulation notwithstanding -- one of my favourite 1/6 pieces ever.

ed7258df56bdd5bb3894fee4a3304f52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
REALLY hope hot toys makes a 1/4 version.......:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

If de wiring is easy I might do it, even though I kind of don?t want to damage the figure overall.

But none of the custom cape makers are getting the cape movie accurate.

I have considered using the Batman Returns cape on this figure, rather than my Tony Mei cape. My BR figure has a custom glider and no cape anyway.

I have considered using the Batman Returns cape on this figure, rather than my Tony Mei cape. My BR figure has a custom glider and no cape anyway.

That's what I did years ago, makes for more accurate look imo. Thicker and fewer wires.

That's what I did years ago, makes for more accurate look imo. Thicker and fewer wires.

e7a05ec99e051051f1ffd95d42e1440e.jpg

Followed your advise, and honestly I like it! It does look a bit accurate, saved me a lot of money on trying to get another jaxon or tony meis cape!!

Never thought about using the returns cape on 89 batman but at the end of the day they kind of look identical now, heck after watching batman and returns and batman 1989 I realized that none of the capes are screen accurate but still the returns cape does not have that many wires and less futzing around IMHo, thanks for the tip!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let's go!
https://deadline.com/2020/06/michae...play-batman-the-flash-early-talks-1202966393/

Deadline has confirmed that Michael Keaton, who first played the big screen version of Batman in 1989 for Warner Bros. and its 1992 sequel Batman Returns is in early talks to return to the role once again.

Keaton would play Batman in a Nick Fury-like role starting with Warner Bros. The Flash starring Ezra Miller, and could continue to play the Dark Knight in other upcoming DC movies like Batgirl.

Honestly, shoehorning Keaton into a Snyderverse movie makes no sense, and illustrates exactly how comically awful WB is at this, but also... if it's this or nothing? Yeah, I'll take it.

Really, though, it should be a Batman Beyond movie and there's no excuse for it not being one. If anyone at WB had an ounce of foresight, they would have said "Instead of making a separate Batman solo movie while we also try to juggle existing shared franchises like Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Flash, why don't we finally do a Batman Beyond movie? That way there's a clear and logically separation between it and our shared universe?

Instead... now Erza is out of the Snyderverse? Or Keaton is IN the Snyderverse?

Like I said... if its this or nothing, I'll take it.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Seems way too good to be true, but I hope it happens. Although for me the ideal would be just having Keaton play an older Batman in his own movie, since I think he could still easily pull it off. I never had any interest in the Batman Beyond idea.

Back