Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep that's the Bose series I was referring too. They are expensive but they do run them on sale on their website from time to time. I understand the money justification though. I am going to get the set up next tax return as I am a huge movie buff. The Yamaha sounds good to though.

It looks pretty darned good that Bose setup & I have Bose audio in my car so know what quality they can produce (the 8" Sub in the setup certainly packs a punch I can tell you)
I won't lie I don't mind the Yamaha at all it's just not often I get to crank it up properly to get the desired effect but it's infinitely preferable to my TV speakers which was just never, ever going to work for me
It's a clever design how it works
If you would like a read up before you do go the full monty Bose setup here's some info on it...

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/sound_bar/ysp-2700/index.html#product-tabs

I mean the fact that they crammed 16 drivers into a bar that's only 38" long & 2" high is pretty crazy by anyone's standards lol

The yamaha is good!! Bose is overpriced and not that innovative to an extent, i mean even a good denon/onkyo setup would do you good for a bose price ! I got my home theater for free thanks to home theater insurance i got with direct tv!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's not as bad as I painted it by any stretch of the imagination it's just not often I get to reap it's full benefits...low volume is better than TV Speakers by a considerable margin but not particularly useful if you want to be immersed in a film or game

Could you imagine the Onkyo/Denon setup you could make for the price of that Bose kit :drool:drool

Bose is certainly a viable option for anyone looking for wireless systems & they have a good reputation to back it all up but sadly just beyond my means.
Although also think Sony have done something similar with an Atmos sound bar now for around the same money as the Bose kit (£1500 here in the UK) which might be worth considering & trying to demo if you can punisher1974

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/sound-bars/ht-st5000

Neil

Is it not a good remaster?

Sadly, it doesn't seem like it unless you like the changes (which is always subjective). I really, really wanted to be blown away by this but the changes are just too distracting. Here's a proper review with the audio and visual breakdown and comparison:

Sadly, it doesn't seem like it unless you like the changes (which is always subjective). I really, really wanted to be blown away by this but the changes are just too distracting. Here's a proper review with the audio and visual breakdown and comparison:

Thanks for linking to that.
Will watch that later before I definitely take the plunge.

As a comparison to that, on a site I frequent for my AV stuff reviewed it recently too & gave PQ a maximum 10 out of 10 so think this will be one that splits opinion lol

https://www.avforums.com/review/Batman-4K-Blu-ray-Review.16200

Neil

Thanks for linking to that.
Will watch that later before I definitely take the plunge.

As a comparison to that, on a site I frequent for my AV stuff reviewed it recently too & gave PQ a maximum 10 out of 10 so think this will be one that splits opinion lol

https://www.avforums.com/review/Batman-4K-Blu-ray-Review.16200

Neil

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with the image and audio per se, and on those two regards they are phenomenal. It's just that if you're obsessed over the film or have it memorized you'll definitely notice that the film was heavily tweaked. I doubt it would bother most people.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with the image and audio per se, and on those two regards they are phenomenal. It's just that if you're obsessed over the film or have it memorized you'll definitely notice that the film was heavily tweaked. I doubt it would bother most people.

Ah see where you are coming from now
I think I'll take the plunge as I love the movie but I'm not as obsessive about it as I could be, I expect I'll just be happy with the improved quality

Neil

Sad to see that. I don't like the new sound effects either. Only plus point is the better audible dialogue. They also changed it from a film noir to a film teal? Wtf? Just purchased on iTunes 4K and going to watch it in order to be able to make my own opinion.

The teal is fixed if you turn off the hdr, but the hdr does make seeing everything dark, have more depth, the youtube video sounds like he’s nostalgic with the old movies and quite frankly the 4k hdr has the bluray copy with the 5.1 remaster if he wants it, but I don’t think he understands the “why” behind dolby atmos and how it works and sad to say a lot of people don’t, i used to work in the cable installing industry and people thought they were watching 4k movies with the picture being 1080p or simply because the movie has dolby atmos, they think their home theater can play it.

I am not insulting anyone’s intelligence but one needs to have a dolby atmos capable setup, be sound bar or speakers with two sets of speakers for the front and the right or a combo one, dolby atmos works by immersion, meaning the sound speakers split the audio in different directions than just at you, dts, dolby 5.1 sounds simple compared to atmos capable speakers, of course they are fancier setups out there but the youtuber fails to to realize that the old sound effects would sound more out of place with the modern setup, granted explosions and bullets sound more accurate since atmos can kind of make you feel where the bullet went than pretend the right channel went to the left like elfman was saying, which i am completely glad he fixed it!!!

All of the four batman flicks are amazing in their new updated and colorful versions, I cannot stress this enough how batman forever and batman and robin have a different feel to them, but man, batman returns is the clear winner in this round though, imho

The avforums guy was on point on why everything about why this remaster was great, i have a nda with WB regarding these so can’t say much!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad to see that. I don't like the new sound effects either. Only plus point is the better audible dialogue. They also changed it from a film noir to a film teal? Wtf? Just purchased on iTunes 4K and going to watch it in order to be able to make my own opinion.

Yeah the sound changes seem spectacular. It modernizes the movie but we will maybe not find back our sound references...
In an other way I watched recently the last blu Ray HDR 4K of Robocop from 1987 and it was just wonderful! A totally fresh rediscover! Seemed like the movie was shot 3 years ago!
If it’s the same with Batman it could be great!
When you have watched it, don’t hesitate to give your feeling!

Those sound effect changes are disturbing. Completely changes an important part of that world's "timeless retro" aesthetic.

Yeah the sound changes seem spectacular. It modernizes the movie but we will maybe not find back our sound references...
In an other way I watched recently the last blu Ray HDR 4K of Robocop from 1987 and it was just wonderful! A totally fresh rediscover! Seemed like the movie was shot 3 years ago!
If it’s the same with Batman it could be great!
When you have watched it, don’t hesitate to give your feeling!

Wait, hang on, WHAT!!!!!!!!

There is a 4k HDR Robocop????
Since when??

I have a 4k remaster Steelbook but had heard nothing about a HDR version
When did this happen & where can I buy it!!!!!

Neil

I think he meant the newer 1080p remaster of Robocop that was based off the 4K scan that came out few years back.

As for the Batman remaster, it's clearly subjective whether you accept the changes or not. Some people would gladly accept the tradeoffs in favor of a substantially more detailed image quality and the Dolby Atmos track while the rest would feel like the teal and remixed audio takes away from the original experience and compromises the artistic intent. It's all up to you.

I think he meant the newer 1080p remaster of Robocop that was based off the 4K scan that came out few years back.

Ah thought it might be but couldn't be sure because I'm sure I saw murmurings somewhere about Shout Factory doing a new version so wondered if I'd missed something

I do agree though, that Robocop remaster was a revelation over the original BD release (which I still have on Steelbook as well)

Neil

Yeah sorry, Jameson is right, I mean the last 1080p remaster of Robocop that was based off the 4K scan.
Concerning this 4K Batman, I din’t know If I could find back my original experience with these changes.:dunno

I’m not seeing any teal until the joker parade. My wife pointed out that the spotlight was causing that lighting effect and is my only gripe with the 4k. Other than that, I can understand the reason behind having original audio included, but the atmos track is awesome.

Trying to recreate the pose from the image

BATMAN 1989 (2149) ed1a SR.jpg
b986027053f0ab470fd5dcdc5f47255f.jpg

Back