Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will always be a standout cinema-going memory for me. I was just old enough to be aware of the hype and what a big deal it was. I'm sure I must have wanted figures from it but I never got any. I wouldn't have any Batman figures until The Animated Series and Batman Forever.

The Hot Toys was my first 1989 Batman and DiFabio sent me the cool 7'' NECA one.

Yeah. My parents took me to see it after weeks of me nagging... Then, I had to have all of the figures, vehicles, and Batcave. That trend only got deeper with the release of Batman Returns and that collection of figures too.
Hot Toys ‘89 Batman was my first 1/6 scale figure, followed immediately by ‘89 Joker.
So the 1989 Batman film launched my lifetime of love for the character and Gotham’s villains. Twenty three years later, that same movie launched my love for Hot Toys and 1/6 collecting.
Happy 30th Anniversary to all of the fans!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hype was huuuuuge for this film. I remember seeing it, being blown away and immediately buying the comic adaptation. The opening scene on the roof was what stayed with me -- to this day actually.

Some of the goofier elements don't hold up for me today and stylistically I actually prefer Returns, but this will always be a classic.

The hype was huuuuuge for this film. I remember seeing it, being blown away and immediately buying the comic adaptation. The opening scene on the roof was what stayed with me -- to this day actually.

Some of the goofier elements don't hold up for me today and stylistically I actually prefer Returns, but this will always be a classic.

My sentiments exactly on this!
Iv still got the comic book adaptation of both-framed them too!

Hot Toys really need to release this and the Joker in 1/4 scale to mark the 30th anniversary.

As it's the 30th anniversary of the 1989 Batman movie, hot toys should do the following=
A.Announce a 1/4 1989 Batman figure,
B.Re- release the 1989 Batmobile[as they did the same with the Tumbler for The Dark Knight Rises],
C.Announce a Bat Armory from the movie,
D. Make the Batwing. :)

Celebrating 30th year anniversary little late..Took me a while to dig out the big guy from my garage..

89Batman-Armory-Vault_Batmobile_01_Final by kyewans, on Flickr
89Batman-Armory-Vault_Batmobile_02_Final by kyewans, on Flickr
89Batman-Armory-Vault_Batmobile_03_Final by kyewans, on Flickr
89Batman-Armory-Vault_Batmobile_04_Final by kyewans, on Flickr

Holy Hell that is freaking amazing
Absolutely love that diorama, looks stunning
Fantastic work

As it's the 30th anniversary of the 1989 Batman movie, hot toys should do the following=
A.Announce a 1/4 1989 Batman figure,
B.Re- release the 1989 Batmobile[as they did the same with the Tumbler for The Dark Knight Rises],
C.Announce a Bat Armory from the movie,
D. Make the Batwing. :)

Yes to all of the above we need all of that to happen :)

Still remember going to see Batman in the Cinema.
Got there & the line was round the block it was unreal never seen a queue like it
Remember being utterly blown away by the experience simply one of my finest cinema moments of my life (I was 12 at the time)
I had the novel which is long since gone but sure I still have the graphic novel adaption
I was also fully immersed in the entire build up
One of our UK Newspapers started reprints of the original newspaper strips & my grandad collected them all for me & clipped them all from the papers...again another collection that was lost to the annals of time :(
I still have the movie videogame for my Megadrive (Genesis) & ZX Spectrum (Did have it on NES as well but that was sold to fund my Megadrive version when I upgraded to the MD) though & still love it, the games are amazing, especially the Spectrum version...they achieved so much from a machine with only 48K of memory & a tape deck to load from ;) lol

Think I need to upgrade to the 4K version of the movie now

Neil

I still have the movie videogame for my Megadrive (Genesis) & ZX Spectrum (Did have it on NES as well but that was sold to fund my Megadrive version when I upgraded to the MD) though & still love it, the games are amazing...
That reminds me, I have the original NES game and the original box from when I was a kid! I should put that in my detolf next to Batman.
Think I need to upgrade to the 4K version of the movie now
Yes! Do that! I upgraded a couple of weeks ago and it’s stunning! I’m still keeping my Collectors Edition Bluray, but the 4K version looks incredibly clear. I guess it’s the HDR, but every scene is somehow more detailed. The entire movie seems a little brighter. Which gives it a slightly different feel than the original Bluray.

That reminds me, I have the original NES game and the original box from when I was a kid! I should put that in my detolf next to Batman.

You should definitely do that.
The game is so good

Cicada17 said:
Yes! Do that! I upgraded a couple of weeks ago and it’s stunning! I’m still keeping my Collectors Edition Bluray, but the 4K version looks incredibly clear. I guess it’s the HDR, but every scene is somehow more detailed. The entire movie seems a little brighter. Which gives it a slightly different feel than the original Bluray.

Sounds amazing, will definitely do that on Pay Day in 2 weeks time
I'll keep my Blur-Ray Steelbook still as well...although I could replace the standard BD with the 4K disc I suppose & then do away with the 4K amray case & spare discs :Wink1:

Not to mention the dolby atmos treatment for these films making batman more immersive

Sadly I don't have an Atmos setup :(
When we moved to our new house SWMBO put her foot down & there were to be no "unsightly" speakers or wires so I have had to downgrade from a pretty awesome Pioneer / Monitor Audio setup to a really weak Soundbar setup
It's not even close to being on a par with a proper setup :monkey2:monkey2

Neil

You should definitely do that.
The game is so good

Sounds amazing, will definitely do that on Pay Day in 2 weeks time
I'll keep my Blur-Ray Steelbook still as well...although I could replace the standard BD with the 4K disc I suppose & then do away with the 4K amray case & spare discs :Wink1:

Sadly I don't have an Atmos setup :(
When we moved to our new house SWMBO put her foot down & there were to be no "unsightly" speakers or wires so I have had to downgrade from a pretty awesome Pioneer / Monitor Audio setup to a really weak Soundbar setup
It's not even close to being on a par with a proper setup :monkey2:monkey2

Neil

Sorry to hear about lack of surround set up. Have you looked in Bose soundbar systems and compatible satellite speakers? I am going that route and they produce great immersive sound. Might be an option and no wires to look at.

Sorry to hear about lack of surround set up. Have you looked in Bose soundbar systems and compatible satellite speakers? I am going that route and they produce great immersive sound. Might be an option and no wires to look at.

Ha ha it's ok I'm learning to live with it
I currently have a Yamaha YSP-2700 Soundbar which covers most of the HD Audio formats & has 3 HDMI inputs which handle 4K HDR as well so it's pretty well specced & if cranked up loud enough does a reasonable job of creating a Surround effect (low volume & forget it it's basically just a 2.1 at those levels but that I think is mostly down to the fact that there isn't the projection of sound from low volume to bounce off the walls properly)
What I do find particularly weird is that sub isn't really a dedicated sub but more of a large mid range driver that carries a lot of speech as well as effects it's quite odd...especially when run at low volumes

When I was looking at other wireless options one that came up was a Polk audio one
It had wireless rears as well but when reading reviews it appeared that a lot of people we're getting intermittent drop outs from the rears (disconnecting etc.) & some very audible pops from them too.
Not sure if this was ever rectified but it made me look elsewhere

Just had a look at the Bose options & they look very good.
I think the 700 & wireless rears & Sub would set me back around £2000
Sadly I can't justify it...my Yamaha was £500 so I think I'll just soldier on...for now :wink1:

Neil

Ha ha it's ok I'm learning to live with it
I currently have a Yamaha YSP-2700 Soundbar which covers most of the HD Audio formats & has 3 HDMI inputs which handle 4K HDR as well so it's pretty well specced & if cranked up loud enough does a reasonable job of creating a Surround effect (low volume & forget it it's basically just a 2.1 at those levels but that I think is mostly down to the fact that there isn't the projection of sound from low volume to bounce off the walls properly)
What I do find particularly weird is that sub isn't really a dedicated sub but more of a large mid range driver that carries a lot of speech as well as effects it's quite odd...especially when run at low volumes

When I was looking at other wireless options one that came up was a Polk audio one
It had wireless rears as well but when reading reviews it appeared that a lot of people we're getting intermittent drop outs from the rears (disconnecting etc.) & some very audible pops from them too.
Not sure if this was ever rectified but it made me look elsewhere

Just had a look at the Bose options & they look very good.
I think the 700 & wireless rears & Sub would set me back around £2000
Sadly I can't justify it...my Yamaha was £500 so I think I'll just soldier on...for now :wink1:

Neil

Yep that's the Bose series I was referring too. They are expensive but they do run them on sale on their website from time to time. I understand the money justification though. I am going to get the set up next tax return as I am a huge movie buff. The Yamaha sounds good to though.

Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

The yamaha is good!! Bose is overpriced and not that innovative to an extent, i mean even a good denon/onkyo setup would do you good for a bose price ! I got my home theater for free thanks to home theater insurance i got with direct tv!

I dunno, from what I understand they completely remixed the sound and replaced many sound effects. The picture, while brilliant, has a brand new color grading. I had such high hopes for this remaster.

Back