Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of all the batmans I have now, Keaton is still my favorite.

36797320366_961128cf4a_b.jpg

36177871583_36d9fd712c_b.jpg

I'm looking at picking this figure up. In all the years since it's release has there been any rubber deterioration issues etc?

I'm looking at picking this figure up. In all the years since it's release has there been any rubber deterioration issues etc?

No deterioration whatsoever on mine and I have two of the DX09 and three HS , it’s been years and it’s still fine

Sure is a great looking fig. You cant pose it for toffee but oh well. At least we got ratchet joints on the BR figure. The rubber on mine looks fine at the moment.

bb0jeld.jpg

EniZevn.jpg

6TrPMf3.jpg

Thank you all for the feedback. I'm sold on it. I think I'll try to do a worlds finest with this batman and the evil reeve superman. They should look awesome side by side.

Man looking at these pics makes me second guess on trying to sell this figure. Might end up keeping but it makes it easy to sell it since Ive moved and most of my figures are still boxedboxes up.

I don't think I would ever sell my 89 Bats. I know eventually it will just turn into a gooey pile of black rubber but in the meantime it looks great.

I have one that I bought used ... no sign of deterioration of any kind. Also my favourite cinematic depiction of Bats to-date. I loved the warehouse scene in BvS but I feel the '89 film still holds up (taken in context) whereas BvS on the whole, I personally find forgettable.

I love the gothic, weirdo Tim Burton depiction of Batman.

Not on my end either. The vinyl feels more supple over time, which makes it harder to hold a pose but otherwise it's been holding just fine. Definitely one of the best HT figures too.

Grail piece to me, un-sellable

Agreed. He's my first Hot Toys fig. I saw Dark Knight Joker version 1 and even Reeve Superman at Hastings many years ago and thought, "These figures are amazing, but there's no way I'd pay that much for one... well, maybe if they did '89 Batman."
The very next time I went in the store I saw him and bought him, no questions. Now I also have Reeve Superman and Dark Knight Joker 2.0, along with over forty others. '89 Batman and Joker are priceless for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have him and the Joker, they are both great figures but I'm thinking about selling them both. My collection is getting too big and I need to focus on other things and make room.

Has anyone tried switching out the body for this with something that can hold poses better? Is it even doable for this?

Love the look of the figure but I'm kinda put off by it being hard to pose.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Has anyone tried switching out the body for this with something that can hold poses better? Is it even doable for this?

Love the look of the figure but I'm kinda put off by it being hard to pose.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I'm pretty sure there's a guy several pages back who strategically cut the suit into pieces and made a more posable suit out of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had this figure in a pose with one arm raised for a while, and now the shape of that shoulder is more pinched together than the other. So even if the body can hold a pose, you may not want to keep it in that pose for long.

Back