Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha that's the same one I was watching and contemplating on. Congrats! He wouldn't reply to my message asking about the box and shipper. Hopefully he is good.

I asked for the box and he did replied saying it comes with the box. Then I ask about the shipper brown box and he didn't reply. Hoping its good also. This will be my second Hot toys after getting Reeve Superman.

My batman figured arrived according to fedex. What should I check first when I get home?

Make sure the PERS works

Yeah, this figure is notorious for broken, malfunctioning PERS, google eyes, cross eyes, locked eyes, etc. I think maybe 1 out of every 4 were defective so make sure it works properly because head replacement heads are costly.. If it DOES work properly, you're gonna love this figure, it is one of the best 1/6 figures ever made IMO.

My batman figured arrived according to fedex. What should I check first when I get home?

Make sure the PERS works

When he opens the Batman, if the eyes look like they're straight and in a neutral/natural position dapro is happy with, I wouldn't touch the PERS lever in the back. I'd personally just leave that alone.

The first thing I got out of the box is this!

IMG_0981.jpg

Then I got it out and thank goodness its the dx09 and not the dx12 since this seller been selling lots of Hot Toys and didn't do a mixed up.
The eyes were looking at the right side so I tried the PERS and it did work and I was able to center it. Probably not going to touch it anymore. haha

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

Yeah, the eyes look fine. Your figure looks great. I wouldn't touch the PERS again now.

Congrats, I'm good with my DXO9, I feel no need to pick up the Returns version, this figure is still a great piece!!

Do you have DX 08 Joker and Mime Joker?

Sadly no, at the time I had a hard time justifying the Price they wanted for the DX08, I thought it was over priced even though I wanted it, amazing how now I drop 250-300+ on figures not half as Iconic as 89 Joker:slap

Sadly no, at the time I had a hard time justifying the Price they wanted for the DX08, I thought it was over priced even though I wanted it, amazing how now I drop 250-300+ on figures not half as Iconic as 89 Joker:slap

Yeah, I remember thinking that Joker at CSC for $240 was really pushing it, now, that's the norm! Since then I've bought $310 Battle Damaged T2 T-800s and $299 Robocops. Crazy.

I was asking because I thought if you had DX 08 and Mime, you might as well get Batman Returns too to have em' all. It would compliment the DX 09 Bats. Returns isn't expensive either, I was surprised they were *only* asking $219 for it. That's less than this one was.

By itself though, DX 09 is great as a lone centerpiece.

Yeah, I remember thinking that Joker at CSC for $240 was really pushing it, now, that's the norm! Since then I've bought $310 Battle Damaged T2 T-800s and $299 Robocops. Crazy.

I was asking because I thought if you had DX 08 and Mime, you might as well get Batman Returns too to have em' all. It would compliment the DX 09 Bats. Returns isn't expensive either, I was surprised they were *only* asking $219 for it. That's less than this one was.

By itself though, DX 09 is great as a lone centerpiece.

He is, but for some reason I always pair him up with Reeves Superman, not really a great match but a lot of people used to do that if I remember correctly. Your right, 219 really isn't a bad price but with space becoming more and more valuable as the years pass, I have gotten very selective on what I get, I just about stopped bashing figures altogether because of it.

Yeah the price for this figure on the secondary market has come down with the upcoming Returns Batman. The suits are similar enough that a lot of collectors probably decided to just wait for the Returns Batman.

That's the dilemma for me. I had the DX 08 89 Joker for a month but sold it due to hard times financially at the time. I want it back, but then I'd probably have to talk myself into getting the DX09, when Returns Bats is cheaper. I'm about a month away until my points are allowed to be used, but I can get a really good deal if I apply them.

He is, but for some reason I always pair him up with Reeves Superman, not really a great match but a lot of people used to do that if I remember correctly. Your right, 219 really isn't a bad price but with space becoming more and more valuable as the years pass, I have gotten very selective on what I get, I just about stopped bashing figures altogether because of it.

I am pairing DX09 with Reeve superman too, since those are the only hot toys I got. I have to say, they do look good together!

Email him......

Bummer, Tony discontinue the 89 line. :( If anyone got an extra cape for sale let me know.

Here is a heads up for anyone looking to get another Dx09, https://www.ebay.com/itm/271928437816?
_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I just bought a generic hot toys stand for Dx09 since I am having him standing there in the detolf. Seems fine, but don't want him to tumble over if someone hit the case. The stand that came with him are just to big to fit. So the question is, any issue with the generic stands to keep him stable?

$_12.JPG

Back