Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Care to sell one? Lol.

Man, I've been wanting to place him inside the car for a while, but I'm just scared that it will ruin the rubber somehow. I'm maybe delusional about finding a cheap body, so I'll probably get three sets too when this sets comes out (if it ever does, which I doubt now)

Edit:

Yeah, that would've been great. Is it even possible to improve the articulation with the Returns suit? He does seem a bit more flexible and free to move in the movie compared to the first.

I stocked up on the DX 09 because I was hyped up and I was thinking ahead to the Batmobile and possible body/rubber issues. I don't have any regrets though, especially when I see the $350-$450 price tag on the secondary market. I remember buying the two extra bodies + suits (just the TrueType and body suit, no boots belt, gauntlets, etc.) for $60 bucks from a Hong Kong seller. Toy Anxiety had cheap parts too, that's when I got another head, belt, etc. for the Batmobile. Now? $130 true type Batsuits? $140 headsculpts? Forget that.

If this Returns one ever comes out, I'll probably just get one. I've stopped the multiple buying for a while now. Last ones I went crazy on was the T-1000 and DX 09 Batman. If this Returns one ends up having the Keaton Bruce Wayne portrait with pulled back cowl and the glider, maybe I'll get a second (or build up a second cheap like I did with Battle Damaged T-800). I dunno.

Even with the extras, I still haven't put him in the Batmobile. **** it.

The problem is when in sitting in car the rubber forms belly rolls and stress on suit cant be good. I'm fine just throwing in my joker laughing sculpt once in a while or Sideshow bats to drive it. need pics of that i was going to tonight but quit half way through lol.

Hey now, don't you be dissing Anne Hathaway :lecture Marion Cotilard, Katie Holmes and Maggie Glynehal are pretty meh though, no lie!

Was messing with some different lights and loved how this pic came out!

10690098_10152923288339346_7796259143801249200_n.jpg

Pretty cool, psycho.

Speaking of lighting I am AGAIN posting a link to this AMAZING DX09 Showcase video done by Knightvision.

For anyone who missed it, this is a must see video. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbx9glUmwns
That video is OUTSTANDING and shows this figure off in all its glory. I love the use of the partly opened/talking mouth. Its so Keaton. HT really nailed it. Thats the mouth I've been displaying with mine for months now. I really never pose this figure either. Hes been in the same static 'cape hanging over arms' look since I got him. When people come over its Batman and Joker they like the most. Im not sure if they'll ever be topped for me. Tons a nostalgia here. Batman was the first movie I saw in theaters and my first introduction to Batman as a character.

Hey now, don't you be dissing Anne Hathaway :lecture Marion Cotilard, Katie Holmes and Maggie Glynehal are pretty meh though, no lie!

Anne Hathaway was an ugly child actress who has become an even uglier adult, to compare her to Basinger or Pheiffer is like chalk and cheese. And im not even usually that superficial but ive seen her in interviews too and she comes across as a bit of a Bi*ch.

I think the DX09 suit is a lot more durable than some of the other HT figures (like The Comedian and DX02). I've had my DX09 seated in the Batmobile for more than a year and just took him out to check on it. First thing I noticed: it's a lot less dusty than the outside of the Batmobile / all the figures that were on display out in the open. Second thing: there is not a single crease, stretch, tear, rip, melting, oil or any other damage to it. It's absolutely unaffected from sitting in the car for that extended period of time. I should note though, that my Batmobile is modded to give it the maximum legroom and allow for the most natural seated position possible. But even parts of the suit that wouldn't necessarily benefit from that extra room are just as pristine as when the figure was new.

I think the DX09 suit is a lot more durable than some of the other HT figures (like The Comedian and DX02). I've had my DX09 seated in the Batmobile for more than a year and just took him out to check on it. First thing I noticed: it's a lot less dusty than the outside of the Batmobile / all the figures that were on display out in the open. Second thing: there is not a single crease, stretch, tear, rip, melting, oil or any other damage to it. It's absolutely unaffected from sitting in the car for that extended period of time. I should note though, that my Batmobile is modded to give it the maximum legroom and allow for the most natural seated position possible. But even parts of the suit that wouldn't necessarily benefit from that extra room are just as pristine as when the figure was new.

cacf9f86392afeac7d83fdd2291b53af.jpg

I still haven't been brave enough to put mine in the Batmobile...he'll just have to be content standing next to it. Maybe someday...

When I had him in there, I took his boots off and put them in the trunk. I just have him standing next to it now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So there are 1618 pages in this thread...can anyone help me out and tell me what ever became of the oil leakage panic this figure sparked upon release? Are they in good shape today, was there a solution?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can answer this. I'm considering getting rogered on the Secondary Market but would at least like it to be worth my while. :horror

Back