Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_4477.jpg
[/CENTER]

Great pose!!!! maybe I'll steal it :p

Do people really not get why the cape has a wire in it?

IMG_4477.jpg
[/CENTER]

Wow, that is the figure? I thought that was a Premium format statue or something!! That is amazing...I will never get the cape like that either...but I am sure gonna try...

OK, I'm almost done with my custom real leather coat for this guy.
What's the point of it? I want to display him as seen in Batman 89, with his coat taken back over his shoulders. I need to stretch this leather down with water now and make it little bit less crumpled, but I'll make it later.

Closed coat (Batman Returns style):

Opened under the mask (not movie accurate):

Opened over his mask (Batman 1989 style):

Kinda like it.

PS I have not head yet, coz I'm replacing broken PERS via my kind dealer.

Does anybody a spare cowl they can sell for a good price chaps?

A buddy of mine's pers just broke and he is very distressed as you can imagine! :)

how the pers is broken ? ( is the joystick?) maybe you don't need for new head.. to fix the pers system is preatty easy...

Apparently the left eye stays looking straight. Is that fixable do you think?

yes i told you is pretty easy..I have done the same mod on my bruce dx
you have to unscrew the pers system, remove the joystick realign the eyes with your finger or a screwdriver (inside the head) and then reposing the lever in the hole inside and close it again..,is more difficult to explain than do it..
believe me I've repaired my bruce and my joker in this way..
is the same if you have broken the joystick..you have to unscrew all the pers system then glue the lever with a loctite glue and the game is done..

The joystick on my pers is so stiff I'm afraid of moving it at all!
in fact you haven't to move it.. before..you have to:
use an hairdryer for 30 seconds near the eyes in front and in the back (after you have the back cover removed) and then your joystick won't be stick anymore..

Has anyone put anthing on the rubber suit to help keep it soft and keep its shine? I've had mine for more than 8 months with no issues, but just wanted to know if people were actually doing any "maintenance" on it! Thanks!

I wouldn't **** with it, personally. I know some folks might recommend putting products on it, but if you're not having any issues for the past 8 months and it's as good as new, I'd leave it alone.

Mine are still as great as they were out of the box the day I opened them. They still have that box fresh smell. Though I'm sure there are little indentations from the belt. One of mine has a belt that fits a little tight around the waist. I've had the same thing with my Begins/TDK Batman figures, specifically the Begins one.

I wouldn't **** with it, personally. I know some folks might recommend putting products on it, but if you're not having any issues for the past 8 months and it's as good as new, I'd leave it alone.

Mine are still as great as they were out of the box the day I opened them. They still have that box fresh smell. Though I'm sure there are little indentations from the belt. One of mine has a belt that fits a little tight around the waist. I've had the same thing with my Begins/TDK Batman figures, specifically the Begins one.

if your belt is too tight you can fix it with adesive tape on the back ;) in this way you can prevent any damage ;)
is on the back you can notice that..;)

Yeah, I thought about that but it's just a little snug. It's only like that on one of them. For some reason, the suit on that one is slightly thicker.

It's not so tight that it's messing up the belt or digging into the body, but I'm sure it has left small indentations from being up against it.

Yeah, I thought about that but it's just a little snug. It's only like that on one of them. For some reason, the suit on that one is slightly thicker.

It's not so tight that it's messing up the belt or digging into the body, but I'm sure it has left small indentations from being up against it.

to prevent is better than cure

Do people really not get why the cape has a wire in it?

IMG_5396.jpg

IMG_4477.jpg

Of course it had to have a wire. A second wireless "hero cape" would have been nice though. Which is why I bought a second one to mod.

Cool pose, Maglor. You are indeed the "masta" of futzing.

Hiya,

I was just wondering whether did anyone tried to paint the cape with black acrylic paint after removing the inner layer?

I tried painting on a portion of the removed layer and left it for a day. I found out that the paint makes the cape a little rigid that before. Will causes it to be fluffier and harder to fold?

Appreciate some feedbacks. Thank you.

By the way, also would like to take this opportunity to wish all of the "freaks" here ... "MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR"!

Back