Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well your Joker looks like a mad maniac, and the Batman looks like a badass...so you doing well so far, I'd say.

I love your frame. I still have to get my Jerry Robinson signed art print framed. That will look great.

Keep them coming friend.

Thanks very much mate!! There's a lot I'd like to (and will) change. Somehow the Joker's chest isn't sitting right for me... neither is his little raised leg.

I started out by handling them like they were 200 year old bone china. I think they might need a bit more elbow grease to get them into the right sort of possies.

Batman just IS badass standing there.. but omg that cape needs serious futz.

nice pictures, but you need more futz on batman's cape.
and the light looks like it's going to melt batman :panic:

lolol... yeah - some (why so) serious futzing is gonna be happening on that cape. I wish I had the balls to iron it. hahahahaha. But no.. might need to invest in some bobby pins or some such.

I read your "melt" and went all :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :thud:

But I think it should be okay... I only have the light on for very short periods of time. Sadly the mancave (a.k.a. "Dan Land") is not the highest traffic area..

I've got bats at the back of the shelf to give him some facial down light, but also to stop his stand completely blocking light on the jackjoker.

Fair to say, it's going to get completely re-arranged though... I have schemes.

More pics en route! :)

AWESOME DISPLAY, mate! Your Whilce-signed poster complements the figures in the cab! :):clap

Thanks very much! :) It was a bleary eyed starting point - but the only way is up from here! :)

How's the set up on my cape to you guys?

Leather is looking a bit dry I know, but I am using leather protector that I use for my car leather for this figure, hopefully it works, it even got rid of my grey blemish in ab area!

How did you manage to get him to hold his hat with his left hands? My only disappointment with the joker is that he doesn't have that much left hands to hold a gun or a cane or something...

Now I am by no means an expert on the 89' Batman or joker like some of the people who have previously posted, but you have some mighty fine poses done there Ropen!:clap
The Joker looks great in the 2nd last photo.

@Ropen: is that the new hot wheels batmobile? Looks awesome next to Bats!

Now I am by no means an expert on the 89' Batman or joker like some of the people who have previously posted, but you have some mighty fine poses done there Ropen!:clap
The Joker looks great in the 2nd last photo.

@Ropen: is that the new hot wheels batmobile? Looks awesome next to Bats!

Thanks man, the hardest one was the one he's in mid flight gliding, took me a bit though.

Yes it is, that batmobile is a filler for the 1/6 when it comes out :wave

How's the set up on my cape to you guys?

Leather is looking a bit dry I know, but I am using leather protector that I use for my car leather for this figure, hopefully it works, it even got rid of my grey blemish in ab area!

How did you manage to get him to hold his hat with his left hands? My only disappointment with the joker is that he doesn't have that much left hands to hold a gun or a cane or something...

Very nice indeed my friend. I too have a large and varied selection of Batmobiles. That's the 1:18 '89 Bat, no?

Very nice indeed my friend. I too have a large and varied selection of Batmobiles. That's the 1:18 '89 Bat, no?

Cool pics Ropen. I really need to use the money more. I haven't touched them since I bought the figure.

That is indeed the 1:18 batmobile, can't complain its decent for a hot wheels model, flip up machine guns, the engine pulls out, the canopy reveals a detailed interior cockpit, my only complaint is the lights front and back need some touch ups.

The money is messy, hard to pick up after using them for a bit, but it is there is just i wish the figure had more left hands for him to pose like in the movie with money in both about to throw them.

I'm a bit pissed though, my batman collection use to extend to the whole collection of the animated series action figures, the batcave from 89, batman returns, batman forever and batman & robin, as a matter of fact I have left over a mail give away figure that's gold from the animated series and the animated series batmobile... I sold them to get some extra cash when I got married. Oh well, looking for a high paying job to help me sponsor future hot toys batman releases

IMG_0533.jpg

I'd have to go look at which hand I fit to him I'm sorry. I was half-cut and super tired when I finally got around to unboxing the beast.

But, from memory, it was a hand that was kind of a "half clasp" and I popped the brim under the thumb and worked it around until it balanced itself.

Yeah this is my first HT. I love it and I wasn't born until 1990. I saw this movie and Batman Returns at home and my mom bought me an adult Batman Returns mask and sewed me a costume that I wore from Kindergarten to second grade. I recently used the same mask as I appeared at the TDKR release in my new and improved adult costume. Having this piece truly makes me feel like a kid again. I watched '89 like a thousand times. That shot when he stands in the moon at the end is one of my most memorable scenes. I miss a batman that wasn't afraid to smile in the mask.

Having said that, the left arm doesn't seem to work right and one of the blades on the gauntlets popped off really quick. I superglued that and left the left arm alone. I hope the rubber isnt going to die like everyone says. I love this batman.

Thinking about getting rid of my DX09. As much as I loved Batman 89 when I was a kid, as an adult I find the Nolan movies to be the definitive film version of Batman.

Back