Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay. So it took me a long time to read this thread from start to finish.

But it was TOTALLY worth it.... and my timing for completion was impeccable. EMS just delivered the Keaton and Nicholson to work.

The sad news is that it is currently 10.40am. I have to wait til at least 6pm to pop the boxes!! (But it's a good problem to have).

These are my first two Hot Toys. Figured I'd start with style ;)

Okay. So it took me a long time to read this thread from start to finish.

But it was TOTALLY worth it.... and my timing for completion was impeccable. EMS just delivered the Keaton and Nicholson to work.

The sad news is that it is currently 10.40am. I have to wait til at least 6pm to pop the boxes!! (But it's a good problem to have).

Congrats :clap those are two awesome pieces to start with...But did you really go through every page? Wow

Congrats :clap those are two awesome pieces to start with...But did you really go through every page? Wow

Thanks mate - I'm pretty excited. :)

Yeah. I couldn't help myself... :lurking

I gotta tell you, especially when you're waiting for your own to arrive, this thread is an emotional rollercoaster of perfect sculpts and QC issues... of futzing perfection and what I'd like to call "futztration"... the anger of Keaton's original dismissal of fans and his later embrace and celebration... of the pics of all the things and all the poses... the jealousy of all the awesome collections and the excitement of starting your own etc etc..

Basically.... what a thread!!! :mexwave

He's difficult to pose initially since the rubber resists. You'll put him into a pose, and the suit gradually forces it back into a neutral position. Takes some patience to get him into a good pose.

Both BATMAN (1989) figures? You and I are going to get along just fine my friend! I love all things BATTY, and when I discovered the world of 1/6 style BAT figures....what a fantastic way to spend your money! And right at the top of my pile (despite my deep appreciation of Mr. Nolan's unquestionably brilliant contribution to the Bat universe) is the '89 BATMAN combo :yess: :clap

But did you really go through every page? Wow

I did too whaley, I always do for threads in which I have a real interest.

special thanks to maglor + jokes&bats for their help with the cape..

5l3ymytu.jpg

o5howl2g.jpg

ygxj7kmb.jpg

o3fkribz.jpg

Can you tell us what is the technique please? I have my hands and gauntlets off and I still cannot get it like this at all.

Well your Joker looks like a mad maniac, and the Batman looks like a badass...so you doing well so far, I'd say.

I love your frame. I still have to get my Jerry Robinson signed art print framed. That will look great.

Keep them coming friend.

nice pictures, but you need more futz on batman's cape.
and the light looks like it's going to melt batman :panic:

Thanks mate!

Yeah, I really felt compelled. I love all things Batty too, but specifically the bat himself and, of course, the joker. And especially the 89ers... I think it was a stellar movie for the budget and post-production tech available at that time.
I was 9 when it was released and trying to get my head around the comics (coming into them mid-story arc with not much understanding of the history) so when my old man took me to see it at the cinema it just blew my tiny kiddie mind! Good times!! :)

So, how could I possibly get one and not the other?

My wallet imploded in a fiery ball of ouch - but they are totally and utterly worth it.

It was the first time I've brought a figure home, and my first 1/6th purchases, and while at first my missus shook her head and asked me why I bought a "Barbie", (don't hate her - she is just a very cheeky monkey) this morning when she looked at them out of the box and standing (albeit wonky) in the Detolf told me "great purchase honey, they are very, very cool".

Turns out I'm incredibly bad at posing them. Like, window licking bad.

The JackJoker was infinitely friendlier to pose, but I haven't got him how I want him yet. This was just a trial run:

bI1Ij.jpg

That cape. hahaha. omfg. Even after reading all 9 trillion pages of this thread I was still unprepared for working with it.

Looks teeeerrible:

btv17.jpg

But I'm happy to accept the challenge to make it all purty. Watch this space.

Still blown away by the AMAZING detail:

siQVD.jpg

It's like I've got Keaton living in "Danland".

Also, quite happy with how they go sitting next to my signed Portacio.. which reminds me I have a Finch signed print and a Perez signed plate print that I need to frame and get on the wall.

Bzc8V.jpg

But that cape needs SRS work.

AWESOME DISPLAY, mate! Your Whilce-signed poster complements the figures in the cab! :):clap

Back