Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are a couple pics of mine, such an incredible figure.

_MG_5645.jpg

_MG_5646.jpg

Nice setup. Love the Superman pose. Especially the cape. :yess:

oooo Forbidden Planet have shipped mine here in the UK! Anyone else who has that on pre-order with them better check your e-mails!

oo First post, this see's my entrance into the murky world of high end 1/6 figure collecting, huzzah.

Grats on finally getting batsie Marf.
Looks Great with supes.
World's finest at its best. :)
Really love your pose on supes, he looks very natural levitating.

Yeah Supes looks fantastic! The lighting shows off his physique perfectly. And of course Bats is awesome.:)

Nice setup. Love the Superman pose. Especially the cape. :yess:

Like what you did there with the batarang :hi5:

Wow, thanks you guys! :) I thought my pics would just get buried under more talk of oil :lol

So did you already coat the back of the belt?

Yep! Sprayed some Dulcote on the back right away, and let it dry while I set up Bats and futzed his cape.

What kind of hands are using on Superman?

Robbie is right, the new HT relaxed hands :duff

Can anyone take a hi res pic of his boots? Mine have some white kinda coating on them especially the right. Not sure if it's weathering or I should exchange? Please.

I can do backdrops if folks are interested.
Here's some I did for a fellow freak.

An Aquaman backdrop.
Aquaman.jpg

Iron Man
Iron-Man.jpg

Those are awesome!

Thanks for all the kind words, guys. The cape took around, oh, two hours to shape, but what you have to do is basically fold it in on itself multiple times and crimp the wire at the bottom really well so the folds are flat against each other. Think of how a bat's wing folds when they're relaxed and you have an idea. Just multiple folds pressing against each other. This will help it lay down and give some weight to it. Once you have it laying against the figure and where you want it, just grab the damn cape at the bottom and scrunch it up against the figure's legs to make it lay against the body. Then just go through and spot adjust the annoying points. Make sure his arms are flat as possible against his body and that his gauntlets are turned inward so the spikes don't press the cape outwards.

You'll just have to practice with it until you get a feel for how the cape works.

Good on you for taking the time to describe that process. I know it's not the first time you've had to do it. :lol

Seriously considering doing this mod to the emblem on my stand (whenever it will arrive). How did you do it?

It's top secret. I've asked vodoun twice now to no avail.

Just picked mine up. No paint rubs or oil, and mine looks to be from the batch with the "hollow" torso. I'm able to push the suit in, and there's no bulk making him look bloated or pushing the belt forward. Happy collector here.

Still going to coat the back of the belt with Dulcote when I get home.

Congrats Marf! :hi5:

That sort of stinks that they changed how the belt functioned.

Originally it was pretty faithful during it's prototype stages,

69381c07gw1dl6ccc2hpmj.jpg

The buckle functioned exactly like it did in the film.

Btmn_0882.jpg

Then of course if you have it in hand you'll notice production piece buckle isn't quite like that. Wonder why they changed it. They got it right the first time.

I'm glad they didn't go with that design. It always looked like it would be unreliable to me. You can see it's not holding well in that pic.

The design they went with holds great and you can't see how it's working when on your shelf.

Here are a couple pics of mine, such an incredible figure.

_MG_5645.jpg

_MG_5646.jpg

:rock Awesome display! :rock

Looks like the new relaxed hands from the muscle body. That's what I have on mine too. So much more natural looking then the old clam diggers.

Robbie is right, the new HT relaxed hands :duff

Nice! There's no way I would ever use the ones that came with Supes, but these actually look like real relaxed hands.

Are you guys talking about the Jake Gyllenhaal body?

Can anyone take a hi res pic of his boots? Mine have some white kinda coating on them especially the right. Not sure if it's weathering or I should exchange? Please.

Wow, thanks you guys! :) I thought my pics would just get buried under more talk of oil :lol

less oil more pics :lol

What stand are you using for Superman by the way? I'd be well in for buying a plain stand which holds the rod so I can do some mid-air poses without having to use the Ironman base (I'm talking about for other figures obviously)

Time To Start A Thread

:gah: Why did you have to find that?

Now just me being the nice Freak that i am , i decided to takes some pics of my Boots for you and behold -

Whiteness!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gah:
Its not noticeable to the naked eye , but with the camera flash it is.

With Flash

batmanBoots001.jpg

batmanBoots002.jpg

batmanBoots003.jpg

batmanBoots004.jpg

batmanBoots005.jpg

batmanBoots006.jpg

Does it wipe off? That looks a lot like the white stuff I see on my Iron Man figures when they're new, like it's wax or polish. It wipes right off though...

:rock Awesome display! :rock

Nice! There's no way I would ever use the ones that came with Supes, but these actually look like real relaxed hands.

Are you guys talking about the Jake Gyllenhaal body?

Thanks, Mag :1-1:

Yep, the new Jake muscle body comes with them, as well as pretty much all new releases featuring flesh-toned relaxed hands. It's a much improved sculpt :exactly:

Waitin' for someone to use the batarang. :clap Nice pose!

Thank you sir :duff The pose kind of has an Indy vibe, but I dig it for now!

less oil more pics :lol

What stand are you using for Superman by the way? I'd be well in for buying a plain stand which holds the rod so I can do some mid-air poses without having to use the Ironman base (I'm talking about for other figures obviously)

:exactly:

The stand Supes is using is actually a regular HT stand base, but I drilled a hole large enough to accommodate the pole that was included with the figure. I added a bit of superglue for good measure, shoved the pole in there (that's what she said), and voila!

Back