Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So wait a second. I ordered one Batman with Sideshow on August 25th and another from Cornerstore comics on August 25th.

Because this is now a split shipment, I'll have to wait until March for my Batman from Cornerstorecomics?

Depends on how large the 1st shipment is. I'm guessing SSC Affiliate Dealers will get the same kind of split.

SSC does ship to Retailers pretty early so my guess is first ordered first served.

Anyway, I think I'm pretty much screwed unless my Retailer honors prepayments with their first delivery.

Hmmm.. I am very curious to find out how this will effect AEC orders. Yet I am too lazy to find out.

fat+batman.jpg

I'm HOPING SS gives a chunk of their shipment to affiliates. If that's the case, us peeps that ordered within the first week will see their share in the first shipment. That's what happened with my CSC Sparrow. He shipped soon after SS and that was a split shipment as well, correct?

I just spoke with SS, mine shipped. :yess:

I asked how was it packaged since I ordered 2 and didn't request a pack out.

He said I lucked out because even w/o the pack out request (and additional costs that come with it) that both Batmans went into a larger box. :yess:

I thought I was missing the pack out requests during check out but he said they don't offer that option during the check out process, that the customer has to do it via phone or email when the 24 days notice is given.

He said that the larger box used is really not much bigger than the HT brown shipper, that sounds to me like it doesn't offer much more protection, but then again what do I know. :lol

AEC and BBTS use a much larger box with adequate protection for the item.

Good to hear, I was worried we'd get another 5 day delay between being charged and shipping like happened with IG-88. If it ships today I should have Bats by Friday :rock

AEC and BBTS use a much larger box with adequate protection for the item.

i checked my acct at SSC and it shows that 89 Bats is shipping soon :yess: after that BBTS can take all the time want getting me my 2nd.

i really like how BBTS sends stuff, but with that said my Jack Sparrow DX was definitely opened since the shipper was retaped and the tissue paper was missing. the fig was perfect though and i chalked it up to maybe they check for the collectors grade upgrade.

Hmmm.. I am very curious to find out how this will effect AEC orders. Yet I am too lazy to find out.

fat+batman.jpg

Email from AEC:
"I know that everyone is anxiously awaiting the Hot Toys 1989 Batman & Joker Figures, and we're getting a lot of emails and phone calls about when they are expected to ship and how we're going to handle the combo pack orders.

As of yesterday, Sideshow had no new shipping information on either figure other than Batman is expected in February and Joker is expected in March. That could mean that Batman is shipping the last week of February and Joker is shipping the first week of March. It could also mean that Batman is shipping in March and Joker is shipping in April. If you've been collecting for a while, you know how often release dates change.

We're holding off on deciding how we're going to ship the combo packs until we have solid shipping information. As soon as we have more info, we'll share it via Twitter, Facebook and in the newsletter."

I'm still confused, will the people who ordered from AEC/BBTS/CSC in August have it shipped now or have to wait for the other half to arrive?

I don't think they know :lol

I'm still confused, will the people who ordered from AEC/BBTS/CSC in August have it shipped now or have to wait for the other half to arrive?

I don't think they know :lol

That is the question, isn't it?

The only bonus for the second shipment is IF you have to wait until March then maybe you CAN bundle with Joker. Of course, he'll be split too...

Back