Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good choice and decision man.

yea...from the pics alone, i somehow feel i will share Michael Crawford's sentiment that this will be the figure of the year in 2012 for me...very much looking forward to Bats coming into my belfry in a month!

With all do respect to Nolan's great directing of the current Batman run, and the brillant work of Bale, Keaton will always be my true vision of batman!
Burton's vision of Batman through Keaton was spot on creative! not only is Michael Keaton a little short for the Batman persona, he started off in comedy, with that said, for Burton to make a comedian like Keaton and put him under a unique type of suit with a cowl that no one will ever forget! is quite a accomplishment.

Who else , never mind the rubber armor, but the scowl and dark image that Keaton pulls off, because of the unique shape of his face is exactly what Bob kane envisioned.

So they can come up with a dozen new Bale sculpts and looks, but the HT's Keaton's batman will always hold a special one of a kind feeling of Batman for a true collectible IMO.

what he said

This look is still alright :)
ultimate-batman-begins-guide.jpg

and the figure representation is amazing
hot-toys-batman-begins-batman-1f.png

But...Oh Yeah...No doubt about it
michael_keaton_batman_movie_wallpaper_1440_X_900.jpg

No denying the likeness this time around! :clap
Batman_05.jpg

Looking at the pictures above reminds me why I still love Burtons Batman, the design was so awesome... Nolans just looks completely crap to me.

i think both designs fit their respective universes well. nolan's worked for the more realism based gotham, and burton's worked really well for the darker, comic-flavoured fantasy world. however, since i prefer the gotham burton created more, i'll always favour the burton suit. and i guess from a completely objective standpoint, burton's suit looked pretty slick.

Yeah, agreed, Nolan's Batman worked perfectly in his own reality. I thought Begins was more successful though, it still felt like Batman, and had some iconic Batman moments. For example the (actual) bats flying down the hallway with him. For TDK though, I think he pushed it way too far away from the subject matter. I mean can you imagine Batman from TDK running down a hallway with hundreds of bats?!

To me the truest incarnation we have seen of the comic book character is Keaton. He even managed to make sense of the fact that you wouldn't recognize Bruce Wayne with half his face covered. The costume was perfect. It was supposed to inspire fear, a shadowy vigilante. The theatrical side of the character was very important to the narrative, it made sense of the other colorful characters in his world. Not a kevlar covered James Bond, which I feel Nolan's moved towards. Why make a Batman movie if you actually don't like the fundamentals of the character? Keaton was also the first (I believe) to do the lower key speaking voice whilst in costume, which Bale hilariously murdered in TDK. The joker standing in the middle of the street with a gun whilst batman races towards him in a bat vehicle? check Batman and TDK. There is lots of symmetry between the movies, and now by the looks of it in TDKR with the Selina ballroom dance.

Batman 89 (and returns for me) >>>>> Nolan's movies.

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, agreed, Nolan's Batman worked perfectly in his own reality. I thought Begins was more successful though, it still felt like Batman, and had some iconic Batman moments. For example the (actual) bats flying down the hallway with him. For TDK though, I think he pushed it way too far away from the subject matter. I mean can you imagine Batman from TDK running down a hallway with hundreds of bats?!

To me the truest incarnation we have seen of the comic book character is Keaton. He even managed to make sense of the fact that you wouldn't recognize Bruce Wayne with half his face covered. The costume was perfect. It was supposed to inspire fear, a shadowy vigilante. The theatrical side of the character was very important to the narrative, it made sense of the other colorful characters in his world. Not a kevlar covered James Bond, which I feel Nolan's moved towards. Why make a Batman movie if you actually don't like the fundamentals of the character? Keaton was also the first (I believe) to do the lower key speaking voice whilst in costume, which Bale hilariously murdered in TDK. The joker standing in the middle of the street with a gun whilst batman races towards him in a bat vehicle? check Batman and TDK. There is lots of symmetry between the movies, and now by the looks of it in TDKR with the Selina ballroom dance.

Just my 2 cents.

:clap :exactly: :clap

Just my 2 cents.

:exactly: I remember seeing the original teaser trailer of the 89 film, to me, it had a very dark eerie feeling to it and how it played out to the audience. Especially when they did a close up of Batman turning around quickly, with the sound of Jack laughing in a echoe type fashion, while they flashed Keaton's and Nicholson's names. It's when I thought "oh s###" this Batman is going to be different. :)

When I saw the Begins trailer it seemed dramatic and intense, but I didn't get that dark Moody type of feeling.

Last edited:
:exactly: I remember seeing the original teaser trailer of the 89 film, to me, it had a very dark eerie feeling to it and how it played out to the audience. Especially when they did a close up of Batman turning around quickly, with the sound of Jack laughing in a echoe type fashion, while they flashed Keaton's and Nicholson's names. It's when I thought "oh s###" this Batman is going to be different. :)

When I saw the Begins trailer it seemed dramatic and intense, but I didn't get that dark Moody type of feeling.

I'll always love Batman'89, not just for being a great movie but for also being a great childhood memory & one I'll share with my Dad, which makes it even more of a special film to me. I love the Nolan Batman films but once HT announced there making this, then I sold of what ever I had in that line to buy these two figures & hopefully the Batmobile (I so hope it's in my price range :pray:)

I'll always love Batman'89, not just for being a great movie but for also being a great childhood memory & one I'll share with my Dad, which makes it even more of a special film to me. I love the Nolan Batman films but once HT announced there making this, then I sold of what ever I had in that line to buy these two figures & hopefully the Batmobile (I so hope it's in my price range :pray:)

I am so torn about the Batmobile. I know I really really want it, but I seriously don't know what i would do with something that big. I have a feeling the price is going to be pretty big as well.:panic:

yeah, i love the movie, but begins >> TDK for me. definitely felt more like the batman universe with the sepia tone, the narrows and the dark look of gotham. batman showing up at the party joker crashes in TDK was a prime example of batman losing his "essence" in the nolan universe. i hope with TDKR, with him as a fugitive, we see more dark alleys, rooftops and stealth.

speaking of that party... what the hell happened after batman crashed through that window? did joker just leave, or did he slaughter everyone in the room and then leave :lol from what i remember, the scene just cut away.

I am so torn about the Batmobile. I know I really really want it, but I seriously don't know what i would do with something that big. I have a feeling the price is going to be pretty big as well.:panic:

I feel the same way... my room is small and cluttered and the price, ugh... but the want is there, lol.

Chicks dig the car.

The wife loves to show off my Tumbler.

Back