Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd prefer rigid ankles to articulated ones, maybe just bad luck, but my OC Batman and DX02 have weak ankles, my MMS TDK is fine but i'd rather the figure be able to stand on it's own, it's not like Keaton Batman needs the ability to achieve extreme poses.

Yeah, I get where you're coming from. Articulated ankles that aren't tight makes posing a figure a pain in the butt. I have to agree with Maglor on this, though.

Even a non-extreme pose with the legs slightly bent won't look good unless his feet are flat on the ground, plus if they aren't flat you'll need a stand for stability anyways so I'd rather have the ankle articulation and require a stand than have him always in a static pose and no stand at all.

Yes and no. They said it was fixed for the DCD batch (which it wasn't), but have acknowledging it on both the DX02 and Comedian. Honestly, with people still buying the figures despite knowing about the leaks, and more than happy to deal with them, Hot Toys has no reason to.

I suspect it's less about being happy to deal with leaking, and more faith that HT being a company that seems to take pride in doing excellent work, will get it fixed. If they continue to put out leaking figures, it will affect their sales.

Yeah, I get where you're coming from. Articulated ankles that aren't tight makes posing a figure a pain in the butt. I have to agree with Maglor on this, though.

Even a non-extreme pose with the legs slightly bent won't look good unless his feet are flat on the ground, plus if they aren't flat you'll need a stand for stability anyways so I'd rather have the ankle articulation and require a stand than have him always in a static pose and no stand at all.

See my last pose, i feel like i do because even a stand isn't necassirly and option to help these rubber suit figures.

I suspect it's less about being happy to deal with leaking, and more faith that HT being a company that seems to take pride in doing excellent work, will get it fixed. If they continue to put out leaking figures, it will affect their sales.

The fact that it hasn't already, is telling enough. They have no reason to fix the problem. Despite the issue, their figures still sell out.

Really, if anyone wanted the feet to lay perfectly flat against the floor they could.

All you'd have to do is pose the legs and move them inward slightly and, viola, it's standing perfectly flat.

In this pic, the photographer obviously didn't do that,

HT89BAT7.jpg

And even so, I'm sure there will be some movement in the ankles, even if the boots aren't extremely flexible. Everyone flipped out about the Spider-Man prototype (again, the boots) and that turned out extremely well.

They know what they're doing and it does say 30 points of articulation. I just don't want those shin guards or the actual shot/boot feet to be rubber. Just like their Terminator figures (T-1000's boots specifically), a harder, pliable plastic is the way to go.

Actually, now that I think about it I bet the ankles function exactly like the T-1000 Motorcycle cop boots.

Structurally, they were much more rigid than the softer Begins/TDK/Demon Batman rubber boots but they were still very pliable and could hold ankle poses from a variety of different degrees.

Looking at the wrinkles in the boots, I'm definitely going to assume that they'll be the same. Anyone who has the T-1000 should know what I mean.

The fact that it hasn't already, is telling enough. They have no reason to fix the problem. Despite the issue, their figures still sell out.

I agree it demonstrates the loyalty of the HT customer base. Maybe they're growing fast enough to replace any customers they have turned off by leaking rubber. We all agree rubber (while it looks good) doesn't have great longevity. But, if this starts to creep in on their reputation, and it think it has enough to keep this coming up as a concern with every new rubber bodied figure, it could start to trend that growth downward as it becomes an expectation of their broader market.

I think my boss put it well the other day when he said "good business image isn't that hard. You simply have to always do what is right". When you're looking at sales and aggressive marketing projections, it's easy to focus on costs and profits. And, losing customers isn't always as easy as marketing types like to believe. Look at Dominos, who has reinvented themselves and had a great reception for it. I don't think HT wants to be in their shoes due to awesome looking, yet poorly crafted figures. One can only get by on their laurels for so long.

So, I believe they have been working on this issue and will continue to do so rather than ignore it cause their stuff sells, thus they get the benefit of the doubt.

I agree it demonstrates the loyalty of the HT customer base. Maybe they're growing fast enough to replace any customers they have turned off by leaking rubber. We all agree rubber (while it looks good) doesn't have great longevity. But, if this starts to creep in on their reputation, and it think it has enough to keep this coming up as a concern with every new rubber bodied figure, it could start to trend that growth downward as it becomes an expectation of their broader market.

I think my boss put it well the other day when he said "good business image isn't that hard. You simply have to always do what is right". When you're looking at sales and aggressive marketing projections, it's easy to focus on costs and profits. And, losing customers isn't always as easy as marketing types like to believe. Look at Dominos, who has reinvented themselves and had a great reception for it. I don't think HT wants to be in their shoes due to awesome looking, yet poorly crafted figures. One can only get by on their laurels for so long.

So, I believe they have been working on this issue and will continue to do so rather than ignore it cause their stuff sells, thus they get the benefit of the doubt.

Unfortunately, you have to actually care about doing what's right. I'd be willing to bet their customer base is growing with each new release. Their '89 figures were featured on AotS not to long ago, which is broadening the audience even more. So for every person who's put off by a leaky suit, there are 10+ to replace him who either don't care or don't know anything about it. Look how many lemmings we see here now, saying, "Who gives a ____ if it leaks, enjoy it while it lasts." :lol :cuckoo:

Unfortunately, you have to actually care about doing what's right. I'd be willing to bet their customer base is growing with each new release. Their '89 figures were featured on AotC not to long ago, which is broadening the audience even more. So for every person who's put off by a leaky suit, there are 10+ to replace him who either don't care or don't know anything about it. How many apologists do we see here now, saying, "Who gives a ____ if it leaks, enjoy it while it lasts." :lol :cuckoo:

You're right. And, that will work in their favor for a while. Even longer if HT doesn't get more aggressive competition. I guess we'll see. I'm cautions about this figure given the track record, but I've preordered it in hopes they've taken care of things. If not, for my money, it will be really hard for me to stomach taking a risk on another rubber figure.

Right now I'm getting this and the TF BB Bats. Crossing my fingers all goes well, especially on this one cause it absolutely rocks. BTW, these will be my first HT rubber bodied figures.

You're right. And, that will work in their favor for a while. Even longer if HT doesn't get more aggressive competition. I guess we'll see. I'm cautions about this figure given the track record, but I've preordered it in hopes they've taken care of things. If not, for my money, it will be really hard for me to stomach taking a risk on another rubber figure.

Right now I'm getting this and the TF BB Bats. Crossing my fingers all goes well, especially on this one cause it absolutely rocks. BTW, these will be my first HT rubber bodied figures.

Meh, I wouldn't worry. From what I've seen, especially considering you're getting him at retail, you'll be able to sell him down the road to someone who could care less or wouldn't know anyway and get your money back. :huh

Actually, now that I think about it I bet the ankles function exactly like the T-1000 Motorcycle cop boots.

Structurally, they were much more rigid than the softer Begins/TDK/Demon Batman rubber boots but they were still very pliable and could hold ankle poses from a variety of different degrees.

Looking at the wrinkles in the boots, I'm definitely going to assume that they'll be the same. Anyone who has the T-1000 should know what I mean.

I have a T-1000 but haven't opened him yet. I'm guessing the boot ankles are similar to Black Widow's and if that's the case they'll work great.

Back