Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should've just sculpted the suit into the body and hidden the joints like they did for the Predators. Not only would it have been a favorable choice for longevity, but it would've also added considerably more poseability. Plus, Batman would've been able to sit in the Batmobile for prolonged periods of time without worry of damage.

Ummmmm, YUP! :exactly::lecture:exactly:

Now screw it, i'm just going to sit my Predator in the batmobile.

Will anyone be brave enough to attempt a pose this with his arms folded I wonder.

l.jpg

I know damn well they wouldn't stay posed that way if one were to try and attempt to contort them. You'd need light, clear tape or fishing line or something. Definitely not worth trying in my opinion.

I will be attempting to replicate all the old promo shots among other things.

They did klocket.

Take a closer look at the chest plate and upper arms. See the armpits? That's a completely separate layer, just like this.

!CDpDgugEWk~$(KGrHqR,!j!E0GmdVLi8BNPPmP,kKQ~~0_35.JPG

I see the armpits, but i don't think it's a separate piece like the one you posted.

I think it's just cut there so we can get the batwinged pose out of it without tearing in the pits.

It's not separate in the legs and it's all one piece, the kneecaps themselves should be a separate piece.

I still dig the figure but i feel they could have executed it better had they really taken the time to break it down.

M.

They have plenty of time IMO to sort out the rubber on fabric under-suit issue. If articulation will be an issue, and that's how the suit was built, I can't see them NOT doing that. But, maybe it looked ridiculous in this scale like that so they went all rubber. I don't know, but I'd love to have more poseability as the actual suit was build with that in mind.

I wonder if it ever occurred to them during development to have a fabric "wet suit" type body suit where they'd glue/attach a harder, rubber/PVC armor pieces to it?

Think the Sideshow Star Wars troopers except the armor components would be glued and it wouldn't be bulky armor.

But nah, that would be too intricate and costly. Lets just make a one piece, two piece tops rubber suit!

I was hoping that the suit would have been made like spidermans's suit with a lyrca suit with the armor attached, that would have been screen accurate as well...but as Nam pointed out if the glue failed the fig would be falling apart...with that said I'm super happy with this so far and I can't wait for some in hand pics and creative poses pics my fellow freaks are gonna come up with. :yess:

The glue on all the customs I've had held up just fine but from the pics I've seen so far of this it actually has MUCH better articulation than any Lycra suited custom I've owned.

I'm all for more articulation but I'd rather have it as is with the screen accuracy than mess with it to gain a bit more mobility.

The ankles would be the best and easiest fix right now to add some much needed movement.

I'd prefer rigid ankles to articulated ones, maybe just bad luck, but my OC Batman and DX02 have weak ankles, my MMS TDK is fine but i'd rather the figure be able to stand on it's own, it's not like Keaton Batman needs the ability to achieve extreme poses.

Does this one have 30 points of articulation too? In looking at the Batman Begins one and this one, they both are rubber but this one looks like the whole suit is rubber and the BB one looks like rubber with a matte coat on top of the rubber...??

I think your #1 of 1 in that group :lol

:lol Prolly right.

Just like I'm in a group of one that thinks the Sideshow ANH Vader would look better with both tusks painted silver instead of having one be black.

I just think replicating "flaws" in the design is a little silly.

I'd prefer rigid ankles to articulated ones, maybe just bad luck, but my OC Batman and DX02 have weak ankles, my MMS TDK is fine but i'd rather the figure be able to stand on it's own, it's not like Keaton Batman needs the ability to achieve extreme poses.

129179774131811050.jpg

Even the picture with the cape over shoulders which is the most basic of poses looks awful because of the non-articulated ankles.

My figures with articulated ankles stand up just fine, and I don't even use stands.

I wouldn't mind rigid boots, infact, I might actually prefer it. You have the Hot Toys 1984 Tech Noir T-800 Sean so you know how static and rigid the boots are right?. I'd actually like something like that implemented here. You could still contort and move the ankle a bit too so it wasn't a complete loss of articulation.

The less rubber for the boots the better.

I wouldn't mind rigid boots, infact, I might actually prefer it. You have the Hot Toys 1984 Tech Noir T-800 Sean so you know how static and rigid the boots are right?. I'd actually like something like that implemented here. You could still contort and move the ankle a bit too so it wasn't a complete loss of articulation.

The less rubber for the boots the better.

The posability i get with both T-800s is fine for this Batman. Would his feet be flush to the ground like in real life, no, but at least there'd be less concern about shelf dives. The two Batmans i mentioned won't stand on a display base alone with the crotch stands and waist ones would affe the suits.

I was gonna buy. . .then I saw the inaccurate Nike swoosh. WTF, Hot Toys? At this price, the least they can do is give us an accurate Nike swoosh.

Fail on HT's part. And pass.

might get ____tt for this question but has hot toys said anything about fixing the leakage?

Yes and no. They said it was fixed for the DCD batch (which it wasn't), but have acknowledging it on both the DX02 and Comedian. Honestly, with people still buying the figures despite knowing about the leaks, and more than happy to deal with them, Hot Toys has no reason to.

Back