Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to get it but its a letdown crowd
Looks like the same sculpt to me but without the moveable eyes.

I am still excited to get this figure, it's Indy with all the cool gubbins. But I have to agree with most, he is a bit of a let down. :(
Buyers remorse
Since we have established that my photos suck, let’s see some more from today. I now get that they are going for an “Opening Sequence” Indy, when he first uses the whip, if this figure resembles anything, it is that variation. I am starting to see Indy in there, but again, when compared with the Christopher Reeve Superman, this is a let down.
Yeah, I figure OMG's pics are giving us a look of the figure in the most flattering way possible, and it's just not even close. I am considering keeping the PO for the map-room look (just keep his face covered as much as possible) and to replace my Sideshow clothes with the DX clothes, but I hate the message I'm sending to HT by doing that :lol

And I completely agree with the Mike. PERS sucks ass. I think the flaws with this sculpt go well beyond that, but I'm also confident that the PERS makes things worse than they would have otherwise been. Most of the people clamoring for "DX figure X" just want a fancy figure with nifty accessories. There aren't many people around here going nuts over the googly eye gimmick anymore based on my observations. Do away with it! I don't think it's a coincidence that DX Joker, Michael Jackson, this, and Luke are some of the worse likenesses we've seen from HT in the last few years. Toss out the light up figures and other gimmicky crap while you're at it, if you please.
Excited folk sbout this still
Wow,
that last batch of pics are pretty awful...
looks like he has eyeliner...
The PERS definitely hurt this figure a lot...
but I think OMG pics make him look a lot better,
I'm still excited about this!
:rock!:lecture!

THis one speaks for itself
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

IMGP0009.JPG

I am literally out of control laughing my ass off at all these pics and comments.

I just can't....this is the funniest ____ ever from HT and this forum's reaction.

His face/pers will go down in history as the best toy to laugh at, ever!

Just look at that mug.....

sucky sucky = LOL

The wookster is G.O.D. when it comes to action figures, even Michael Crawford respects wookster! So bow down y'all and quit yer yapping and whining. The wookster has spoken!

(Is that enough respect wooks? ;) :) :hi5:)

The BACs payment should be in your Swiss account now!
DO NOT MENTION IT AGAIN! ;)

I'm okay with the figure myself. I think it looks pretty damn good as a matter of fact. I'm a bit taken back by some folks here on this board criticizing Arnie Kim's likeness which IMO is the best representation of Indy. It's kind of sucky since most of the haters probably have never tried to sculpt in their life. It's not easy. Either like it or don't. It probably wasn't an easy job considering there have been issues with each Indy released.

Flosi's friend:
its horrible
i can see him there but at the same time it looks like him with a bad makeup job and a droopy face

There you have it. Let's close this thread. Someone.... hello?

We can't close it yet Wor-Gar, not before we see all the
rockin' customizations done to a $250 figure that should be ACES right out of the box. :hi5:

My guess, lots of narrow-shoulder swaps and repainted Trevor Grove sculpts using some HT clothes, futzed of course. Throw on a Sovereign or Kato jacket, MFisher sidebag, holster and belt, and some sort of awesome custom whip and there you have it! :clap

The ultimate HT DX (non-PERS) Indiana Jones from 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'...and for all those parts, work and futzing, probably won't cost much more than the upcoming 1/2 Legendary scale! :yess:

:rotfl

I'm okay with the figure myself. I think it looks pretty damn good as a matter of fact. I'm a bit taken back by some folks here on this board criticizing Arnie Kim's likeness which IMO is the best representation of Indy. It's kind of sucky since most of the haters probably have never tried to sculpt in their life. It's not easy. Either like it or don't. It probably wasn't an easy job considering there have been issues with each Indy released.

I'm glad you and a few others really like this piece. I have to agree that from across a room, and if you cover most of his face with the hat and only light him from above, he does resemble Indy.

rockin' customizations done to a $250 figure that should be ACES right out of the box. :hi5:

My guess, lots of narrow-shoulder swaps and repainted Trevor Grove sculpts using some HT clothes, futzed of course. Throw on a Sovereign or Kato jacket, MFisher sidebag, holster and belt, and some sort of awesome custom whip and there you have it! :clap

The ultimate HT DX (non-PERS) Indiana Jones from 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'...and for all those parts, work and futzing, probably won't cost much more than the upcoming 1/2 Legendary scale! :yess:

You're very right about that. Once people get over the sticker shock they will no doubt want to improve the figure, much like the Joker crowd.

Hell, I hope to get a few bits to improve my Indy....whatever Indy I finally end up making.

I was kidding about locking up the thread -- that's always a silly last ditch effort to me for people who can't take it.

I'm glad you and a few others really like this piece. I have to agree that from across a room, and if you cover most of his face with the hat and only light him from above, he does resemble Indy.

Why you so mad people are ok with the figure? It is released, it isn't going to change. I guess if folks were spending your money I could understand the anger.

Go to the Superman thread be in piece. Life is to short to be hating. Just think, What Would Christopher Do (WWCD)?

WTF? I've never directed a movie, does that mean I'm not allowed to have an opinion on any movie I see? So Arnie Kim is a charity case now and we have to keep quiet in case we hurt his feelings? Jesus Christ. A figure is in trouble when people start to pity the sculptor!

And not to be outdown by the overwrought poop-athon already infecting the thread, out comes thinly veiled homophobic remarks. :clap

This thread really does have it all now. :lol

Wait... has anyone brought politics or religion into this yet? Should we say that not only is this figure an "epic fail" and "complete disaster", he also "looks like a gay liberal Catholic prostitute?". If we come to an accord on that, will we all be able to move on and discuss this item on an even keel?

Sound like you'ld be better off just buying the boots, pants and shirt loose. Unless the Hot Toys Hat fits the Trevor sculpt.

WTF? I've never directed a movie, does that mean I'm not allowed to have an opinion on any movie I see? So Arnie Kim is a charity case now and we have to keep quiet in case we hurt his feelings? Jesus Christ. A figure is in trouble when people start to pity the sculptor!

To be fair it may not be all his fault if Hot Toys forced him to sculpt a PERS sculpt. I saw this at the SDCC with out the PERS and it sure looked a lot better. Maybe he was give a choice, this gets the PERS or Superman does. Sure glad it wasn't Superman like they had intended.

And not to be outdown by the overwrought poop-athon already infecting the thread, out comes thinly veiled homophobic remarks. :clap

This thread really does have it all now.

Wait... has anyone brought politics or religion into the thread yet? Should we say that not only is this figure an "epic fail" and "complete disaster", he also "looks like a gay liberal Catholic prostitute?". If we come to an accord on that, will we all be able to move on and discuss this item on an even keel?

Are you talking to me? I'm not homophobic, and I wasn't the first person here to notice the figure's resemblance to a Vietnamese prostitute. Pointing that out doesn't make me homophobic. Sure, not all gay people wear eye liner, tilted hats and carry whips in their slender hands. But you can be sure no straight people do. That's why I'm saying the figure looks gay. Saying this figure looks gay is not being homophobic it's just a statement of fact. If Indiana Jones was a gay character I'd be thrilled with this figure. As it is, I feel it is inaccurate.

I can't see anything in the figure to suggest a particular religious belief or political affiliation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back