Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing i like about HT even though it is not 100% spot on to Ford is the detailed realism it has. The Sideshow sculpt lacked that in a way though im a huge fan of the sculpt. I feel if HT can tweek theirs it will be the one to own.

That is what I mostly like about the figure as well. It resembles Ford enough, but the rest of the figure is nice!

The thing i like about HT even though it is not 100% spot on to Ford is the detailed realism it has. The Sideshow sculpt lacked that in a way though im a huge fan of the sculpt. I feel if HT can tweek theirs it will be the one to own.

I'm banking on that as well. At the very least, it won't look like a melting wax mannequin like the Sideshow one.

I still can't believe people are nixing this sculpt purely on those pics- plenty of time for production adjustments!! Now when the figure comes out and it looks the same- flame on! However it is NOT out!

I'm banking on that as well. At the very least, it won't look like a melting wax mannequin like the Sideshow one.

Exactly- HELLO look at the Sideshow sculpt- this one will be light years better but many don't think so!!!

I don't think the sculpt is as bad as people are making it out to be. Sure, it could be better, and I do hope they make the changes.

What I really have a problem with is the outfit. It looks ill-fitting.

HT will probably wait for lot of people to initially splurge on the $250 eyeball-action figure before releasing the less expensive version with the old-fashioned painted eyeballs.

Wow, "melting wax mannequin", you really hit the nail on the head there :clap

Don't get me wrong, I love Trevor's sculpt but, out of the box that is exactly what SS's Indy looks like! It's too bad the paint apps couldn't have been on par with the KOTCS Indy at least. He has a much more natural appearance. Not HT's lifelike quality, but still better than Raiders Indy.

Yes, it IS Trevor's sideshow sculpt, expertly painted by SilentSurfer. There are part replacements and equipment replacements too, but for me, Trev's sculpt is by far the best there is. It just takes a great painter to bring it out.

This site needs a 'Like' button like Facebook does. Thanks for the words.:wave

For me... They're going to have to do a LOT to make it better than what people can put together for a custom. This is mine, and I really don't see them topping it.
Indy_SS_3.jpg

That is one amazing custom.

It's funny how some people are okay with this figure yet will nitpick to death the smallest details on other figures.

I think this looks good, but not $250 good. I'm still hoping tweaks are made before I decide.

If that custom came with a map room outfit then it might just be worth $250. That is Indiana Jones. A muscle TT playing dress-ups isn't.

As I've already said, making a big splash with their later releases is HT's way of trying to make us forget about Indy.

CHEERS!

I don't think it's getting a pass. Even those of us who don't think it's the worst Hot Toys offering ever have said it has issues and that they should be addressed.

I'm hoping tweaks and fixes are made, too. And, yes, it is overpriced at $250. But even if they didn't change a thing I still believe it's the best Indy figure out of the box we've seen yet. I'm keeping my order, and I'll either be disappointed with Hot Toys' overall efforts (given what they are capable of), or happy to have a truly hi-end 1:6 Indy figure in my collection.

I actually think the fact that there hasn't been news is a good sign, I think they'll come through in the end.

Considering that I only picked up choice loose parts from Toy Anxiety, any tweaks will be welcomed but not vital to me. I agree with Deak Starkiller that the silence from HT should be construed in a positive light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back