Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll trade you a full custom gunbelt rig for your maproom gear then :) :) :) heck.. I'd even throw in a whip too

Well I do like my figures to be complete :pfft: But depending on what it's like when he ships, I'll prolly be getting one of your fine whips.

I'm not feeling this guy's whip. I was gonna try to pick up a spare set from the Sideshow figure, but I might have to check out mfisher's offerings. . .

yeah... I like the idea of a real braided leather whip... but the HT version is just too chunky... not as bad as the medicom cat turd whip... but still awkward looking... I imagine that I'd be hawking the HT one ebay if I bought this set

I've just received the actual newsletter from toy-palace.com. That's the biggest retailer for movie merchandise her in Germany.

The pre-order price for the HT Indy is 279 EURO (that's approx. $380 US) :slap :rotfl :cuckoo:

What's the German for "OUCH!"!?

CHEERS!

What are the chances we'll see any more from this line? I'm willing to bet Indy is the beginning and end, though I'd dearly love to see Toht, Dr. Jones Sr., and Mola Ram.

Yeah, that's the thing, had we all loved this Indy from the start they might have been inclined to milk the franchise a bit, now I'm not so sure. Mind you, they're milking POTC.

CHEERS!

We all see it. We just don't see enough of it for $250. I don't expect perfection, but for $250, I expect a sculpt that has a better likeness to Harrison than Wolverine did to Jackman. And while the sculpt is the main issue, it's not the only issue. The hat and outfit need to be majorly retooled as well.

I totally agree....for $250 we should be getting a live picture of HF smiling all of the time like something out of Hogwarts.

yeah... I like the idea of a real braided leather whip... but the HT version is just too chunky... not as bad as the medicom cat turd whip... but still awkward looking... I imagine that I'd be hawking the HT one ebay if I bought this set

If I do decide to purchase then I'd probably end up selling the whip, but I can't imagine who'd buy it! (Actually, I'm not sure I'd want to know... A kinky field mouse?)

With that price they'd have good reason to say it, and that's without shipping.

I suppose that's where One Sixth Bruce come in, they're in the UK and postage would be cheaper.

CHEERS!

I suppose that's where One Sixth Bruce come in, they're in the UK and postage would be cheaper.

CHEERS!

Although I've never bought anything from him before, I've also never heard a bad word spoken about OneSixthBruce. He'll be my first point of call for Hot Toys in the future.

Especially when you can get the figure delivered the next day. I bought a set of 24 gear from him and it came so fast.

CHEERS!

CHEERS!

The shipping costs are a joke in relation to the pre-order price. It's only 7 Euro (Toy-palace). And over 100 Euro merchandise value it's for free (if you are located in Germany).

The postage from UK to Germany will be approx. 29 Euro (OneSixthBruce). Sure it's even cheaper than directly from Germany but I'm not sure if I'm willing to pay more than 200 Euro for a 1/6 figure. (yes, I know it's a DX figure :wink1:)

I will wait for the improvements. :pray:

All in all, I think Sideshow's 12 inch Indy head sculpt had better direction. The foundation for which the sculpt was based was a more realistic Harrison Ford. I wish Hot Toys could of built or improved upon on SS's angle of attack. The Hot Toys Indy is a must for me because of all the extra's. I can't pass up the diorama's and alter, etc. I can say that Hot Toys is taking a lot of criticism on this and as this is Arnie Kim's first big project for them, they may hold off on releasing this long enough for him to make a second attempt. SS should be really proud of their Indy !

Here's a shot I took ,

Indiana Jones vs Lara Croft by 1/6th shooter, on Flickr

Indiana Jones - Runaway Train by 1/6th shooter, on Flickr

Last edited:
I see 90% + Harrison. We are a long way from release. I am confident HT will pull it all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back