Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this sculpt is far closer to likeness than the Wolverine was, and even so, that Wolverine figure is like a HT grail now.

hatdown.jpg

I can't be the only one who see's Harry in this sculpt, can I? :dunno
I definitely do see "$250 worth" of Ford likeness here. Unfortunately, this is a flattering angle and/or lighting and/or eye positioning. He doesn't look so good in some of the other pics.

Plus, the hat is modded, which leads to an improved likeness.

I think this sculpt is far closer to likeness than the Wolverine was, and even so, that Wolverine figure is like a HT grail now.

There's a reason for that, which I was just discussing with Skiman yesterday. While the Wolverine figure doesn't look much like Jackman, it still perfectly captures the essence of Wolverine who existed long before Jackman's take on the character. So even with the subpar likeness, it's an acceptable figure. That's the difference. Indy didn't exist before Ford's debut as the character (at least in a public manner), and Indy just isn't Indy without Harrison.

I still don't know whether to get this or the ToD PF. I guess by the time this comes out and we get some in hands the ToD PF will be fairly cheap.

I definitely do see "$250 worth" of Ford likeness here. Unfortunately, this is a flattering angle and/or lighting and/or eye positioning. He doesn't look so good in some of the other pics.

The hat was modded in Photoshop and not by HT. If HT did it they'd be getting there. I still think the head should be bigger.

CHEERS!

Yup, I'm out. Pre-order cancelled.

Screw it, don't need another Indy with 2 PF's on the shelf.

Well I went ahead and POd this at BBTS so if they don't change the sculpt, then I can cancel it without a fee. I hope they fix it I need a Indy in my collection.

The hat was modded in Photoshop and not by HT. If HT did it they'd be getting there. I still think the head should be bigger.

CHEERS!

Yes, the hat is modded in this pic, but theres still hope, when asked if the hat can be placed tighter or lower on the head, Arnie Kim said "I think so." Ok, not a concrete answer, but still better than a "No." Though, even if it cant, Ill fix it so it can.

I agree that pic looks the best thus far with the likeness. Does anyone know if this is the same sculpt as shown before or is this Kim's "tweaked sculpt", cause it looks a lil different to me.

I've just received the actual newsletter from toy-palace.com. That's the biggest retailer for movie merchandise her in Germany.

The pre-order price for the HT Indy is 279 EURO (that's approx. $380 US) :slap :rotfl :cuckoo:

What are the chances we'll see any more from this line? I'm willing to bet Indy is the beginning and end, though I'd dearly love to see Toht, Dr. Jones Sr., and Mola Ram.

Man, there's a lot a crap to swim through here in this thread just to get to the pertinent info.

I won't be pre-ordering this, but if they pull the hat down a little bit more, I can live w/ the rest.

Man, there's a lot a crap to swim through here in this thread just to get to the pertinent info.

I won't be pre-ordering this, but if they pull the hat down a little bit more, I can live w/ the rest.

What pertinent info are you looking for? All the really pertinent info is on the first page! Followed by page upon page of crap! It's a simple system.

I'm disappointed in this. All I've been hearing is how great HT is. How can I not be let down.
The fedora is a major problem. Is the hair attached to it? Can it be lowered?
Would the extra SS fedora fit on the HT head?
Accessories. Like everyone here, I want the map room outfit/accessories. Map room base was a no brainer. HT skimped on the pedestal they could have thrown in a Map room base too.
The SS pedestal is sooo much better than the HT one that you can't even compare them. Cheapens the whole package. It really looks inferior. Hasbro could have done better.

The Raiders PF likeness is the standard for me.
Look in the customs section to see repaints of the 1/6 SS sculpts. Seein' is believin'. Pretty close to right on the money.
Call me what you want, for $250 I DO expect and have a right to expect near perfection.
I'd give HT $250 in a heartbeat if this release was a lot closer to Raiders Indy. Ugh that fedora is killing me.
It seems like HT didn't even try to come close to the actual accessories.

no.. but it does show a serious lack of originality... if you're going to include a map room disguise.. does it not scream "OBVIOUS" to maybe create a new, never been done before small environment like, say.. a piece of the map room floor... the HT Indy is nice.. but a serious fumble..

Unless you don't have the idol stand like me and like it. I don't give a flip about the map room outfit and will never use it, same as the Cop Joker outfit that has never left the box.

I'll trade you a full custom gunbelt rig for your maproom gear then :) :) :) heck.. I'd even throw in a whip too

Hey, if Evilface isn't game, I'm your huckleberry. As cool as it is, I honestly can't see myself changing Indy's clothes like a Barbie doll ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back