Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this was a movie, I'll probably rate it @ 6.5/10 :monkey1

The sculpt & paint app alone looks good but that PERS is just like a f___in' rotten apple in a bunch. :thud: It somehow ruin the likeness. :monkey2 I hoped they decided to changed this into a regular MMS like what they did to Superman and look how super he his. :clap

Anyway, the accessories & packaging are top-notch as usual. :lecture I'm still eager to get mine over here soon cause it's still the best 1/6th Indy to date. :wink1:

8ebd93ff.jpg

1445bf56.jpg

All discussion on the likeness aside, that ugly seam on the hair should have no place on a $250 collectible.

Personally I can’t say I’m disappointed with this release as I never liked the proto pics anyway. I’m just a little sad that once again poor Indy got the shaft. It seems that this licence doesn’t have much luck with collectible companies. It looks to me as if HT did this Indy because they had to not because they wanted to. When you look at their other figures like Superman, Batman ’89 or Jack Sparrow you get the impression that the people who worked on those really loved the source material. There’s so much love and attention put into creating them, while this Indy looks like it was just another assignment to get out of the way.

As it is I’ll just pick up the boots, shirt and the hat to update my customised Sideshow figure.

The actual fig. does not look as good as the pic advertised. These pics are taken from certain angle to make him look good. I am so glad I canceled my.

url]

This image above is hiding the biggest flaw in the sculpt, which is why it looks good. Let me explain.

indyhottoyswithhat.jpg

Fixed
157m6nl.png

look at the left nostril of the sculpt, and then look at the jawline. The left nostril is too small compared to the way Ford looked like during Raiders. The sculpts jawline is way off as well. Too bad Hot Toys didn't get Arnie Kim to make those very minor adjustments.

Some of you are hilarious- you dismiss the good pics and choose to harp and wail on the pics that show it is an unattractive light! it is the SAME figure in ALL the pics- yet the good ones somehow are not legit and credited to the talent of the photographer.

Some of you are hilarious- you dismiss the good pics and choose to harp and wail on the pics that show it is an unattractive light! it is the SAME figure in ALL the pics- yet the good ones somehow are not legit and credited to the talent of the photographer.

It is the same sculpt/figure which can be made to look like Ford if positioned in such a way where it hides its biggest flaw which is the left nostril. Look at the pic above and then look at the one beneath it which fixes the issue. Huge difference.

This is OMG's best picture of Indy that shows the likeness.. Why?? Because look what its hiding. And the angle also gets rid of the large looking jaw which can be seen from the front.

8ebd93ff.jpg

This :rotfl:lol:rotfl:exactly::goodpost:

Must be a hard life to live when people focus only on the negative. Wow...

It is the same sculpt/figure which can be made to look like Ford if positioned in such a way where it hides its biggest flaw which is the left nostril. Look at the pic above and then look at the one beneath it which fixes the issue. Huge difference.

So why not pose it in a pose that is the most flattering then? Thats what Im doing. If it looks like Ford more in certain ways then thats how Ill pose him. I have no problem doing it. :lol

Putting those pics side-by-side might make it easier to tell the difference.

It's called Selective Reasoning. One of the oldest tricks in the book for people who want to engage in debate, but have nothing more than their subjective opinion in their arsenal.

Except some chodes in this thread display absolutely no ability to reason whatsoever. So they just come across like a bunch of chimps throwing ____ all over the place.

Yup, because we all will have out HT Indy display under a HUGE MICROSCOPE to make it look like this pic to point out all the flaws. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

:slap

:cuckoo:

This is OMG's best picture of Indy that shows the likeness.. Why?? Because look what its hiding. And the angle also gets rid of the large looking jaw which can be seen from the front.

8ebd93ff.jpg

url]

This image above is hiding the biggest flaw in the sculpt, which is why it looks good. Let me explain.

indyhottoyswithhat.jpg

Fixed
157m6nl.png

look at the left nostril of the sculpt, and then look at the jawline. The left nostril is too small compared to the way Ford looked like during Raiders. The sculpts jawline is way off as well. Too bad Hot Toys didn't get Arnie Kim to make those very minor adjustments.

Holy....! Those tiny alterations really do make a ton of difference! I've been seeing Ford hiding somewhere in this head sculpt and you just found him. The jawline is the major flaw, and I can see how the nostril factors in as well. Had those been addressed, I think people would have been finding the likeness to be around 90% accurate, rather than somewhere in the ballpark of 70%. Shame.

The nostril theory. :lol

More like nostril fact.

This is the regular sculpt unaltered. Left nostril is not at all like Harrison Ford, and jaw is too wide.
indyhottoyswithhat.jpg

Fixed by drawing in correct nostril and smoothing out the jawline.
157m6nl.png

This is not a theory as there is simple proof below.

Do I need to post an actual Harrison Ford pic. I mean his face should be ingrained in our heads if you placed an order for this sculpt.

Yup, because we all will have out HT Indy display under a HUGE MICROSCOPE to make it look like this pic to point out all the flaws. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

:slap

:cuckoo:

Yeah now they are getting very very ridiculous now to find "faults" in the sculpt.
Give it a rest- mine POed and i'm waiting anxiously....:clap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back