Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason I see Jeff Goldblum in the sculpt

Major Eaton: What exactly is a headpiece to the Staff of Ra?

Indiana (as played by Jeff Goldblum): Welllllll.. uhhhhhhhh.. the staff is just a stick. I don't know, about this big. Nobody really knows for sure howwwwwwww... uhhhhhhhhh.. high. And it's...

[turns blackboard to blank side]

Indiana: it's, uhhhhhh... it's capped with an elaborate headpiece in the shape of the... well uhhhhhh... in the shape of the sun with a crystal in the center. And what you did was, you would uhhhhhhhh.. well take the staff to a special room in Tanis, a map room with a miniature of the city all laid out on the floor the whole thing, little windows and little streets and every detail ANDDDDDD.. if you put the staff in a *ahem* in a certain place at a certain time of day, the sun shone uhhhhhhh... welllllll... through here and made uhhhhhh... made a little beam that came down on the floor here... and gave you the exact location of the Wellllllllllll... of the uhhhhhhhhhh... of the Souls. Yeah, ghosts, spooky things. Spooky, spooky uhhhhhhhh... *ahem* ghosts.

480136_orig.jpg

Well after a long and tough road of worrying that this figure would turn out not so great, I am pleased with these in hand pics. OMG and Tin put all my worries to rest. Thank you guys. The only thing is his hair looks pretty awful, but with the hat he looks almost spot on. And who in their right mind would pose Indy without his hat or the map room hood? "You call him Dr. Jones doll!"
IndianaJoness2.jpg

I think I will go with this pose once he arrives. Excellent work!

This might not be 100% but I think it's a lot more closer to Harrison Ford than the DX04 to Bruce Lee and everyone was raving about that.

Give Bruce Lee a decent hair sculpt and he's spot on to me - easy mod too :)

Custom work by kiwi_6255 at toysdaily

Dannnnng, that is one sweet pose. That pose alone makes me want it again, lol.

But sadly I already canceled my PO :gah::lol

. . .

Well, muh work is done here. Abandon thread.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRfmVe7iL4k&feature=related[/ame]

I can wait for this to show up on my door step! How quickly does alter ego ship after sideshow generally? Being a Indy fan and this being my first a 1/6 jones I couldn't be more excited! :yess: :impatient:

Usually takes about a week after Sideshow gets them in.

Indiana_Repaints_01.jpg

I have never understood the love many on this board have for the SS head. Even with some of the great repaints the sculpt still looks off. Someone mentioned the Buddy Lee Deckard sculpt. In terms of likeness it looks more like Ford than HT or SS Indy, but something doesn't seem right about the overall shape of the head. The distance between his eyes and the top of his head is too short. For my money I still think the Snyder-man has come closest so far to really captured Ford as Jones. This sculpt didn't receive much interest on this board. There are some A+ reviews on ebay from people who spent 60% of the cost of the HT figure just to purchase this head. Those are the kind of reviews I trust. Someone spent the money, got the item in hand and liked it enough to comment. I think one of the reasons that there is so much disagreement about the HT sculpt is people have an image in thier minds of what Indiana Jones "should" look like. When a sculpt doesn't meet that expectation people get disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back