Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as I have my BB Ex. Wayne and Reeve Superman taken care of,I intend to buy this. It may be selfish, but I'm hoping that the sculpt sees negligible improvement, as it seems that, as it stands now, there are two camps:the likes and the dislikes. I'm in the likes category; the majority are in the dislikes category. If this figure does something to convert those dislikes into likes, I'm screwed.:p

IMO I have an Indy that is one of if not the best in the world due to the caliber of the artists that worked on it. The Hot toys simply won't be better, but I'll get it anyway just cuz.

I simply dont get this:dunno

Its like saying you already have a Rainman Tyler figure, but you'll still get an ugly Brothers Production one also, just for the heck of it, Ray:lol

That said, I PO this one, and I think this looks decent IMO.

Unless it has a Exclusive item, most HT figures don't sell out till after they are released.

Then you can only find em on ebay and read people whining cause they've gone up in price.

Nope, no mention of Exclusive, it's the same regular figure.

Au contraire. AND they fixed the hat.

1109232310ff22a7b38b909788.jpg

Interesting....

In an unrelated note... not only is the Medicom Ford sculpt pretty good.. the Daniel Craig head for that series is fantastic... awesome for Bond customs ! :) :) :) :)

Where can I see pics? I'm dying for a decent Dan!

This thread is bad enough thanks to the uncertainty behind the subject matter. We don't need lessons in 'valuable learning experiences' when a simple yes or no will suffice. And troll or not, calling someone a moron doesn't help either. Let's be cool, alright guys? Everything about this release has really sucked to date, including this thread, so lets make an effort to be a bit more cordial toward one another. :wave Cool?

:clap:clap:clap

Its like saying you already have a Rainman Tyler figure, but you'll still get an ugly Brothers Production one also, just for the heck of it, Ray:lol

Because the Hot Toys is an officially licenesed product.

Well, finally pulled the trigger and pre-ordered this. Indy is probably my favorite character of all time, but I was on the fence because some of those pictures scare me with the likeness, and hat, etc. However, the pic of him from the 10th anniversary event looks fantastic. I really trust that they know and understand how important it is to get Indy perfect. They're huge fans too. I really believe everything will be great when he shows up next month, changes or not. Plus, you know the packaging will be to die for.

Well, finally pulled the trigger and pre-ordered this. Indy is probably my favorite character of all time, but I was on the fence because some of those pictures scare me with the likeness, and hat, etc. However, the pic of him from the 10th anniversary event looks fantastic. I really trust that they know and understand how important it is to get Indy perfect. They're huge fans too. I really believe everything will be great when he shows up next month, changes or not. Plus, you know the packaging will be to die for.

Good choice Demond! :)

Rogerbee.... link to the Daniel Craig figure is here :

https://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=35044&extra=page%3D1

(sorry folks.. know it is off topic.. but this thread was going nowhere anyway ! :lol )

I don't understand - why is James Bond in cowboy clothes? Is this from an upcoming movie or something?:lol

This is actually a good point. Take a look at the boring (yes, due to LFL) SSC Indy packaging vs. HT Joker DX01 packaging - however the HT fig turns out, seeing Indy DX packaging is going to be pretty cool. Let's hope LFL gave HT free reign - black with a Raiders logo would be cool. I've gotten tired of that yellow/brown/map color scheme.

In an unrelated note... not only is the Medicom Ford sculpt pretty good.. the Daniel Craig head for that series is fantastic... awesome for Bond customs ! :) :) :) :)

But the HF head will be just a tad too big to work with Hasbro 3 3/4" figs though.:wink1:

Seriously, HF does look decenet and Craig looks great but I'm also still amazed how different the prototype Medi ANH Han looked vs. the released head. The proto was the closest to ANH Han as you could get, eerie how good it looked, while the released head looked like David Duchovny crossed with an 80's male model.

I think people do this when they have spent an exorbitant amount of money on something to justify their purchase/investment.

This is actually a good point. Take a look at the boring (yes, due to LFL) SSC Indy packaging vs. HT Joker DX01 packaging - however the HT fig turns out, seeing Indy DX packaging is going to be pretty cool. Let's hope LFL gave HT free reign - black with a Raiders logo would be cool. I've gotten tired of that yellow/brown/map color scheme.

My vision of the Perfect box would be the aforementioned map as a Background with the poster image of Ford as Indy in the same style as Bruce Lee on the DX 04 box, but with his whip encompassing the image as a Border, and the classic Raiders text overlapping the bottom of the image, maybe have the border of the box be the traditional Indy brown, and if we were lucky, an ark of the covenant slipcover.

My vision of the Perfect box would be the aforementioned map as a Background with the poster image of Ford as Indy in the same style as Bruce Lee on the DX 04 box, but with his whip encompassing the image as a Border, and the classic Raiders text overlapping the bottom of the image, maybe have the border of the box be the traditional Indy brown, and if we were lucky, an ark of the covenant slipcover.

:lecture:exactly:
Seriously, that's almost exactly what I've been picturing. Let's hope it ends up looking anything like that! :clap

Rogerbee.... link to the Daniel Craig figure is here :

https://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=35044&extra=page%3D1

(sorry folks.. know it is off topic.. but this thread was going nowhere anyway ! :lol )

Thanks, it sadly looks as though the head may be too small to be useful. Just like Indy, another great opportunity blown.

I don't understand - why is James Bond in cowboy clothes? Is this from an upcoming movie or something?:lol

Yes, it's from Cowboys and Aliens, which is in theatres already. It also stars Harrison Ford.

Thanks, it sadly looks as though the head may be too small to be useful. Just like Indy, another great opportunity blown.

Yes, it's from Cowboys and Aliens, which is in theatres already. It also stars Harrison Ford.

Sorry Rogerbee, I was joking - C&A has been a bit of a bomb at the box office.

I actually read recently that aside from KOTCS, every single movie HF has been in since What Lies Beneath (in 2000!) has bombed.:horror

Interesting to see if LFL would allow this. I'm not sure I have seen the classic Raiders logo on any collectable in recent times.

Sort comes down to whether you call it "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark" (as LFL would have you do):pfft:... or not.

Sorry Rogerbee, I was joking - C&A has been a bit of a bomb at the box office.

I actually read recently that aside from KOTCS, every single movie HF has been in since What Lies Beneath (in 2000!) has bombed.:horror

Really!? I thought the Jack Ryan movies were popular and some of them must have come out after that.

CHEERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back