Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I Really do think the eyes and eyebrows have been changed on the Arab sculpt.

I think its just the paint on the second sculpt.

But we all know how paint can change a sculpt.

IMG_2575.JPG

sideshow_headsculpt.jpg

021408_indy_01.jpg

The above still beats The Man with the 'Floating' Hat:

65c02e50jw6ddojxp9ddaj.jpg

Hey I'm all for Hot Toys just recasting the Sideshow sculpt in their 'textured' style and then applying a Hot toys caliber paint ap.

It's not a "missed" opportunity yet, nobody has taken a stab at them in 1/6!

Here are the bashes I did a while back, hoping some better sculpts will surface one day...

IMG_2980.jpg

IMG_2997.jpg

I don't mind derailing this thread because the train crashed into the goddamn mountain long ago...

Great work Marf!

To the others:

Not every figure HAS to be a DX you know! We're not all rolling in money. Some of us can barely afford an MMS!

CHEERS!

img0873af.jpg

Looks like Ford. In fact that looks better than the repaint above

This is the same as all the previous pics from the start of this thread, except:

(1) you can't see the eyes and the jawline (two aspects people didn't seem to think were working,) and

(2) the soft studio lighting has been traded for high contrast spot lights, bringing out the detail in the sculpt better.

This is the angle where this sculpt looks most like Ford. It's definitely a nice sculpt (with the bonus of that HT "true flesh" feel) but all that is new here is the setting.

And damn - that Arab outfit looks great!

One thing I'd like to add too.. he looks WAY TOO CLEAN! I think the angle of the HT picture of Indy they use is just a really bad one! Time will tell!

This is the same as all the previous pics from the start of this thread, except:

(1) you can't see the eyes and the jawline (two aspects people didn't seem to think were working,) and

(2) the soft studio lighting has been traded for high contrast spot lights, bringing out the detail in the sculpt better.

This is the angle where this sculpt looks most like Ford. It's definitely a nice sculpt (with the bonus of that HT "true flesh" feel) but all that is new here is the setting.

No man you got all wrong ..... It's the turban, the turban makes everyone look better ! I started wearing one to work and I beat the chicks off with Nile reeds all day !

I never thought a Sideshow sculpt would be superior to an HT sculpt but its starting to shape up that way.
Trevor Groves sculpt-fu is superior.
Bow your heads in shame HT if you continue to be obstinate and make no changes.:moon

..on the bright side my Zack Snyder figure is shaping up nicely.:rock2

Agree! Well said!

I think its just the paint on the second sculpt.

But we all know how paint can change a sculpt.

IMG_2575.JPG

sideshow_headsculpt.jpg

021408_indy_01.jpg

The above still beats The Man with the 'Floating' Hat:

65c02e50jw6ddojxp9ddaj.jpg

I think that defending the SS head with the paint job issue is a weak argument. Yes there have been some really nice repaints and the original prototype does look good. However, the head that came from the factory has issues. Weither they were from the original sculpt or the casting process is anyones guess, but there are things that just look off about it. This custom head isn't perfect either, but I think it comes closer than HT or SS to capturing Ford as he appeared in Raiders.

Indiana_Repaints_01.jpg

I think what the snyderman (left) sculpt has going for it is that it's leaner, which is definitely more accurate to ROTLA HF.

I think that defending the SS head with the paint job issue is a weak argument. Yes there have been some really nice repaints and the original prototype does look good. However, the head that came from the factory has issues. Weither they were from the original sculpt or the casting process is anyones guess, but there are things that just look off about it.

True, I was comparing the sculpt not the head (which includes paint). SS paint sucks and ruined a masterpiece sculpt. But yes, hard to really be fair unless we see stripped down sculpts on both sides.

Still -- you know it when you see it. Jack Nicholson Joker looks like Jack. Sparrow looks like Depp. The HT Indy doesn't really look like Ford. You know it when you see it.

But maybe a repaint -- like you have to do with the SS one as well -- will bring out an amazing Ford likeness. :dunno

It's not a "missed" opportunity yet, nobody has taken a stab at them in 1/6!

Here are the bashes I did a while back, hoping some better sculpts will surface one day...

IMG_2980.jpg

IMG_2997.jpg

" DOC! why dont we just go back to the future and find out what the final sculpt looks like!??!"

"Great Scott!, your'e right Marty. By then dx indy 2.0 may be out too! But then, if we find out that the sculpt actually meets expectation, the resulting panic from mass preorders may cause a rip in the time space continum resulting in the destruction of the universe! "

"Whoah, this is heavy"! Well can I at least go back in time to sell my dx joker and oc batman before everyone finds out theyr'e being re-released??"

"Sure, why the hell not" come on einstein! We're going back to the future!"

(doc actually looks like he's contemplating the dilemna of risking the destruction of the universe vs putting this thread out of its misery :rotfl

LOL!

They need to go back and tell Lucas not to bother with the SW prequels or KOTCS! Oh and they could talk Arnie Kim into not leaving Enterbay!

CHEERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back