Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Six months since the announcement, two months before it ships. If there is going to be a rework on this sculpt, they are definitely waiting until the last minute.

You would think if there was going to be a rework, it would have been shown by now. Their distributors have pre-orders to sell - maybe a last minute rush makes up for it.

And has there ever been a case where HT tweaked a slightly off sculpt and hit it out of the park?

Dang it has been almost six mos since the announcement. How time flies.....

And has there ever been a case where HT tweaked a slightly off sculpt and hit it out of the park?

if i remember correctly the first pics of dutch had longer spiky hair & people freaked...............seems they tweaked it by shortening it into more of a crewcut like it was in the film. as far as the facial sculpt i dont remember but they def gave him a "haircut".

To be fair ROTLA wasn't the watershed film that Star Wars was. There's a lot of films out there that are just as good if not better than ROTLA that don't get anniversary acknowledgments.

To be fair ROTLA wasn't the watershed film that Star Wars was. There's a lot of films out there that are just as good if not better than ROTLA that don't get anniversary acknowledgments.

Controversial! ROTLA is an iconic film in cinema history. It still holds up today. Couldn't disagree more

if i remember correctly the first pics of dutch had longer spiky hair & people freaked...............seems they tweaked it by shortening it into more of a crewcut like it was in the film. as far as the facial sculpt i dont remember but they def gave him a "haircut".

But still, this is no different from every single HT release. It's ALWAYS _____, _____, _____, until people start receiving theirs then it's OMG, SO AWESOME!!! Then 2 months after release it's "Is there anybody still selling it at a decent price, it's out of stock everywhere. I'm kicking myself for not pre-ordering"

Controversial! ROTLA is an iconic film in cinema history. It still holds up today. Couldn't disagree more

I didn't say that it doesn't hold up. It holds up rather well. What I was saying is that it's probably not as important to warrant any kind of 30th anniversary celebration other than by fans perhaps. The film didn't really add any innovation to cinema.
On the other hand, Star Wars was a ground breaker in many ways and deserves a anniversary celebration. It revolutionized special effects, along with Jaws, Star Wars introduced film to the blockbuster concept and it brought sci fi films into serious consideration from the film industry. With the exception of a few films, like 2001, sci fi films were considered to be matinee kiddie stuff before Star Wars hit screens.

Unfortunatly I doubt the clothing will be tweaked. And atleast for me, the poor quality of the jacket is one of the biggest deal breakers with this figure.

I didn't say that it doesn't hold up. It holds up rather well. What I was saying is that it's probably not as important to warrant any kind of 30th anniversary celebration other than by fans perhaps. The film didn't really add any innovation to cinema.
On the other hand, Star Wars was a ground breaker in many ways and deserves a anniversary celebration. It revolutionized special effects, along with Jaws, Star Wars introduced film to the blockbuster concept and it brought sci fi films into serious consideration from the film industry. With the exception of a few films, like 2001, sci fi films were considered to be matinee kiddie stuff before Star Wars hit screens.

It's a great movie that deserves to be higher than number 60 in the AFI 100 greatest films of all time. It also saved Spielberg a second flop after 1941. It also created one of Cinema's most Iconic Characters. That's why figures of him are still being made 30 years later.

Go take your negativity somewhere else
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfkvPnjb9hs"]YouTube - ‪Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now‬‏[/ame]

It's a great movie that deserves to be higher than number 60 in the AFI 100 greatest films of all time. It also saved Spielberg a second flop after 1941. It also created one of Cinema's most Iconic Characters. That's why figures of him are still being made 30 years later.

Go take your negativity somewhere else
YouTube - ‪Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now‬‏

:lecture Well said Dino:clap

But still, this is no different from every single HT release. It's ALWAYS _____, _____, _____, until people start receiving theirs then it's OMG, SO AWESOME!!! Then 2 months after release it's "Is there anybody still selling it at a decent price, it's out of stock everywhere. I'm kicking myself for not pre-ordering"

That process which you have described is one of the most F'd up things about collecting.

I have learned just to trust them... Can't remember ever really being let down by anything they make?...

whazzzz up??????? no cry cry, just wait wait

as it is im not interested in this figure, but with the lack of any real updates to base a decision on im now debating whether to take a chance on this so i dont kick myself for not preordering.:gah:

as it is im not interested in this figure, but with the lack of any real updates to base a decision on im now debating whether to take a chance on this so i dont kick myself for not preordering.:gah:

Take the chance because odds are you won't regret it ;)

I would get interest in this figure only if they fix the headsculpt.

Does Hot Toys ever do anything at SDCC? Maybe we will see something new then...or maybe through Sideshow at SDCC.

Does Hot Toys ever do anything at SDCC? Maybe we will see something new then...or maybe through Sideshow at SDCC.

From what I've learned, they do at SDCC....but even if they don't show Indy, he will be coming out soon enough in Asia.

Honestly, I'm definitely picking this up. I think that Indy is one of those iconic characters that deserves a spot in every collection. Though I have faith that the final sculpt will look better, I am one of the supporters of this sculpt as well. With that said, I think this is a much better effort than Sideshow's, and with all of the extras and the stellar paint work, even without a tweaked sculpt, it's still the best bang for your buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back