Hot Toys DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im curious, how did Hot Toys get the 1/6 Bruce license from out under Enterbay?

Well.. from what i can tell...

Bruce's 4 movies, excluding Enter the Dragon was produced by Golden Harest pictures, while Enter the Dragon was a Warner Brothers release.

Enterbay probably has an exclusive with the current HK company that owns the rights to those movies.

HT probably (with the help with their good relations with Warner Bros from Dark Knight), got the rights from Warners, and Shannon Lee approved it, along with all the other good (but 90% mostly *****ty) merchandise with her fathers name slapped onto it.

Enterbay, then probably worked out a deal with her, and she allowed EB to have exclusive rights for 1/6 and 1/4 figures.

Well.. from what i can tell...

Bruce's 4 movies, excluding Enter the Dragon was produced by Golden Harest pictures, while Enter the Dragon was a Warner Brothers release.

Enterbay probably has an exclusive with the current HK company that owns the rights to those movies.

HT probably (with the help with their good relations with Warner Bros from Dark Knight), got the rights from Warners, and Shannon Lee approved it, along with all the other good (but 90% mostly *****ty) merchandise with her fathers name slapped onto it.

Enterbay, then probably worked out a deal with her, and she allowed EB to have exclusive rights for 1/6 and 1/4 figures.

Ah ha, I see now. Thanks

I don't think HT still have the rights though, otherwise they would have done something else.

I believe Blitzway are doing statues, and being as they'll be sculpted by Arnie they'll be worth a look.

I have to let go of another figure, so I'm selling my Bruce Lee. I've been thinking that it will be a hard sell because of how much it will cost me to send this heavy package to the US, so I have an idea. Since I have two bodies and stands to make up two separate figures, maybe I'd have better chances of splitting it up so I have a bd Bruce, sneaking suit Bruce, and the diorama for sale separately. So I'm asking you fellow collectors, would this be a reasonable way to try to sell off this set?

I have to let go of another figure, so I'm selling my Bruce Lee. I've been thinking that it will be a hard sell because of how much it will cost me to send this heavy package to the US, so I have an idea. Since I have two bodies and stands to make up two separate figures, maybe I'd have better chances of splitting it up so I have a bd Bruce, sneaking suit Bruce, and the diorama for sale separately. So I'm asking you fellow collectors, would this be a reasonable way to try to sell off this set?

Geez mate, if you break it up then it won't be an exclusive or special anymore. Plus any other figure you sell will be made again, not this one...

Geez mate, if you break it up then it won't be an exclusive or special anymore. Plus any other figure you sell will be made again, not this one...

It wasn't the exclusive version in the first place. I just bought an extra body and stand. Bruce Lee will be done again and I'm sure even HT will acquire the license again in the future. I just figured some people might like to spend less and have one figure, kind of like how the DX01 and DX07 have been split up and sold as two figures.

Since it isn't the exclusive version, splitting up the set is an option, although sending out one box is better than multiple trips to the post.
But that's the lazy in me talking...lol. Good luck with the sale.

Since it isn't the exclusive version, splitting up the set is an option, although sending out one box is better than multiple trips to the post.
But that's the lazy in me talking...lol. Good luck with the sale.

Yeah, it would be easier to send it out in one shot, but I think I'll have no interest from the USA customer base due to the shipping rate.

Don't know yet. I'm guessing somewhere between $100-$150. I have to consider the value of all the parts. There has been some interest generated just by me posting this inquiry, so I guess I'm splitting them up when I get home from work.

:exactly: Yeah, I think you could easily sell them split up at that price and good luck.

Well, since I'm on here, I might as well post a pic of one of my BL shelves. :wink1:

9354560460_d58dc9167a_c.jpg

i have a loose single body dx etd figure. loose dx diorama backdrops with base and complete ht ttm17 asian muscular body set(dx b lee body with feet) for sale in the sales section. oppen to reasonable offers. thanx

My two Bruces.. I was far less impressed with the backdrops than I thought I would be so I improvised lol. I was not going to use the sneaking suit initially but surprise number two was that it looked better than I expected it would. I still might throw on a game of death suit in the future but I'm content right now.

ir0t21.jpg

xcrs7s.jpg

Back