Hot Toys DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

There are some collectors who admit to never taking their figures out of the box. To each their own, though. :)

If I could afford to buy at least two of every figure I would definitely keep one in the box. The idea of a MISB collection has its appeal for me. As it is, display wins out over OC.

Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

I don't like keeping things MIB... you don't know if there is anything wrong/missing with the figure then.

There are some collectors who admit to never taking their figures out of the box.

:cuckoo:

mister-t-april-fools-day.jpg

I dunno man, keeping things MISB is maybe ok when its like say a clamshell, where you can atleast see the figure. Figures so well made as HT kept in big brown boxes away from public eyes seems so... criminal!? :dunno

haha, well, I keep it in storage for now, no more room to display figures unfortunately :p

I dunno man, keeping things MISB is maybe ok when its like say a clamshell, where you can atleast see the figure. Figures so well made as HT kept in big brown boxes away from public eyes seems so... criminal!? :dunno

Good point - The DiD and Soldier Story style packaging can make for a cool MIB display with the flaps open. The HT sleeve-style packaging no.

Cheung, thanks for the pm re: cardboard box - to answer your question, yes I can do a pack-out for an additional $10.

I've got loads of nice boxes I will trade for loose Hot Toys figures, if folks are interested :D

Whatever floats yer boat, but

keeping one of the greatest articulated figures of one of the greatest action stars of all time locked in a box seems like a crying shame.
I mean---it's Bruuuuuuuuuuuce!!! And Bruce liveth!

But if you're doing so for reasons of space, I can understand!

Just don't turn into this guy:wink1::

lucite.gif

The photos look great folks! Thanks to everyone for sharing. :yess:

If not for the tape sealing the box at the top and bottom, you could easily repackage most Hot Toys figures without being able to tell that it was ever removed to begin with. They are very "MIB" friendly.

If not for the tape sealing the box at the top and bottom, you could easily repackage most Hot Toys figures without being able to tell that it was ever removed to begin with. They are very "MIB" friendly.

MIB doesn't mean "never removed." It simply means the item is mint in the box. MIB and MISB are two different things.

I knew that "MISB" meant sealed, but assumed "MIB" meant that that the figure and box were both mint, even if the figure was originally removed. With HT, you can usually ensure that this is the case (though they sometimes use twisty ties and/or force you to ding up the tray a bit, which makes keeping the box mint more difficult).

I guess that would be MIMB (Mint in Mint Box)? :lol

I knew that "MISB" meant sealed, but assumed "MIB" meant that that the figure and box were both mint, even if the figure was originally removed. With HT, you can usually ensure that this is the case (though they sometimes use twisty ties and/or force you to ding up the tray a bit, which makes keeping the box mint more difficult).

I guess that would be MIMB (Mint in Mint Box)? :lol

Yup. I usually either just snip the twisty ties with wire cutters or carefully unwind them and just leave them in the box. If I'm getting a figure to sell, I usually take it out and make sure everything's kosher on the figure. Got dinged once because I sold a MISB figure that wound up being broken. He could've broken it but I had no way of verifying it either way because I'd never opened the box. So now, everything gets thoroughly checked. :lol

I don't own many figures I don't open, but have a T2 T-800 that concerns me that way. I want to sell him eventually, but know price is affected by whether or not it is sealed. I did open the shipper box to see how it looked through the plastic, but didn't want to go any further. I figured I would say in the auction that it was sealed, and I would inspect it once money was sent if the buyer wished, but wouldn't be responsible for defects if they wanted it sealed.

And really, if you are paying a premium for a sealed figure, then I'm not sure why you are opening it at all. But again, different strokes for different folks.

I don't own many figures I don't open, but have a T2 T-800 that concerns me that way. I want to sell him eventually, but know price is affected by whether or not it is sealed. I did open the shipper box to see how it looked through the plastic, but didn't want to go any further. I figured I would say in the auction that it was sealed, and I would inspect it once money was sent if the buyer wished, but wouldn't be responsible for defects if they wanted it sealed.

And really, if you are paying a premium for a sealed figure, then I'm not sure why you are opening it at all. But again, different strokes for different folks.

I have never had an issue selling a figure that's been inspected for relative pricing to a MISB figure. At most it's been about a $25 difference. As far as buying habits, honestly, I'd rather purchase a figure, especially one who's no longer in production, that's been thoroughly inspected fore breakage, etc., than taking a crapshoot hoping it was mint inside the box. I wouldn't touch an ED-209 that hadn't been opened and inspected. Same goes for a Rambo II.

I'm the same way in that I would prefer a figure to be inspected first, but I've noticed some pretty stark differences in opened vs. sealed prices for supposedly mint items. Sometimes $100 difference or more. Of course, there is a fair degree of variation in HT after market prices (one Dutch will sell for $400, and the next one in the same condition for $300), so it is hard to pinpoint precise differences.

I've never claimed 'mint in box' when selling a used figure on ebay. Seems like lying to me.

I just take pictures, point out that I'm quite lazy when it comes to posing and the figure has barely been touched and then let people make up their own mind when bidding.

I've never claimed 'mint in box' when selling a used figure on ebay. Seems like lying to me.

I just take pictures, point out that I'm quite lazy when it comes to posing and the figure has barely been touched and then let people make up their own mind when bidding.

I don't care if it's used - I expect a MIB figure to be 'used', ie displayed, but in an environment that's free from direct sunlight, smoke, dust etc. So if I buy a figure advertised as MIB I expect it to be in as-new condition, minus the plastic ties and wraps.

I don't care if it's used - I expect a MIB figure to be 'used', ie displayed, but in an environment that's free from direct sunlight, smoke, dust etc. So if I buy a figure advertised as MIB I expect it to be in as-new condition, minus the plastic ties and wraps.

Sorry, by 'used' I was thinking of ebay terms when selling - since you get to select either 'new' or 'used'. 'Previously Displayed' would be a nice option to have instead :)

Sorry, by 'used' I was thinking of ebay terms when selling - since you get to select either 'new' or 'used'. 'Previously Displayed' would be a nice option to have instead :)

If you put "used" in the options and then state MIB, there's no lying. You're telling the buyer that the figure has been opened but that he's in the same condition as when you first received him assuming he was mint. The only time I ever dinged someone is because she said she'd just opened the box to inspect the item and that it had never been displayed but when it arrived the LOTR helmet was literally covered in dust. Dust being 80% human skin it was quite disgusting and I dinged her for lying in the item description.

Back