Hot Toys DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

The answer is simple...He never proved himself in a real fight(at least from what we have seen) so who knows how well he would do in a real fight.He showed his art in front of the camera,and it was sure as hell inspiring to watch,but how well would that work in a real fight?

One thing's for sure though,we will never see a more dedicated Martial Artist,a Mastermind in the art of fighting.

Thats the thing though, he didnt show it in front of the camera.
At least not in his movies, anyway.
According to Dan Inosanto, Bruce fought COMPLETELY different to what is shown in the movies.
Bruce knew what his audience would like - the big spinning roundhouse kicks etc
His art of JKD is to take whatever works for YOU, and disregard that which doesnt.
This is what MMA fighters of today are basically doing.
JKD was very early in development at the time Bruce died and was always evolving.
In my opinion, there is absolutely no doubt that what he did would work in real fight.

Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

The answer is simple...He never proved himself in a real fight(at least from what we have seen) so who knows how well he would do in a real fight.He showed his art in front of the camera,and it was sure as hell inspiring to watch,but how well would that work in a real fight?

One thing's for sure though,we will never see a more dedicated Martial Artist,a Mastermind in the art of fighting.

Precisely that reason. All we know about Bruce Lee is from the movies. He never actually participated in a real full contact fight (that we know off) with another fighter and a lot of people today actually doubted his actual fighting ability. Sure he is a great performer but to be fair, with enough training and dedication, a lot of actor can look pretty competent on the screen.

Even the supposedly famous fight he fought with a Wing Chun master has two totally different accounts from different camp. Linda was saying he kicked the guy arse and the other guy was saying he kicked Bruce Lee arse.

Guess it's just one of those life mystery that will never be answered.

I bet if you asked these same martial arts experts to say that to Lee's face were he alive, none of them would have the balls :lol

Lee was a phenomenon. You can't fake being that awesome.

These guys are respected martial arts artists with years of real life experience. Don't get them wrong, they respect Bruce Lee for what he has done for martial arts, Bruce Lee basically commercialized martial arts.

Without Bruce Lee, most martial arts will still probably be taught only to insiders.

But all this talk about Muhammad Ali and MMA fighters not having a chance against Bruce Lee is basically saying that these guys trained for nothing. They put in just as much effort as Bruce Lee in perfecting their art form. You guys know boxing and MMA are some of the most brutal sports out there. You will die if you are not dedicated.

Ali vs Bruce would be interesting or even Tyson. I'd personally put my money on Ali & Tyson winning but we'll never know without actually seeing it happen which will obviously never happen so we can only guess.

I would probably hedge my bets against the professional fighters vs. the actor who apparently has a lot of unsubstantiated claims regarding his actual fighting ability. . .but it is true that you never know. Just so long as we all understand that Miyamoto Musashi would kick all they asses.

I would probably hedge my bets against the professional fighters vs. the actor who apparently has a lot of unsubstantiated claims regarding his actual fighting ability. . .but it is true that you never know. Just so long as we all understand that Miyamoto Musashi would kick all they asses.

Only if he used a weapon.:exactly:

He would kick Lesnar in the nuts and poke his eyeballs out before he even thought of hoisting Musashi on his shoulders for the F-5.

Precisely that reason. All we know about Bruce Lee is from the movies. He never actually participated in a real full contact fight (that we know off) with another fighter and a lot of people today actually doubted his actual fighting ability. Sure he is a great performer but to be fair, with enough training and dedication, a lot of actor can look pretty competent on the screen.

Even the supposedly famous fight he fought with a Wing Chun master has two totally different accounts from different camp. Linda was saying he kicked the guy arse and the other guy was saying he kicked Bruce Lee arse.

Guess it's just one of those life mystery that will never be answered.

There's more to Lee's life than just a Biography Channel show and internet Wikki. Try picking up a book or two guys. :duh:duh:duh

He did prove himself. On the regular basis with regular challenges. He came to the states with a "mastery" of Wing Chun despite training for only four years. He then deconstructed it, and added elements from many other fighting styles to make it more efficient for self defense.

As for the whole MMA thing, Bruce pretty much invented it. Sure it's evolved into something else entirely, but back then, people really didn't cross train all that much. Most picked a style and stuck to it.

He would kick Lesnar in the nuts and poke his eyeballs out before he even thought of hoisting Musashi on his shoulders for the F-5.

:lol
Even I could do that!
Wheres Brock Lesnar?
Im going to kick him in the nuts and poke his eyes out!

There's more to Lee's life than just a Biography Channel show and internet Wikki. Try picking up a book or two guys. :duh:duh:duh

He did prove himself. On the regular basis with regular challenges. He came to the states with a "mastery" of Wing Chun despite training for only four years. He then deconstructed it, and added elements from many other fighting styles to make it more efficient for self defense.

As for the whole MMA thing, Bruce pretty much invented it. Sure it's evolved into something else entirely, but back then, people really didn't cross train all that much. Most picked a style and stuck to it.

:exactly:

@noisetrigger-
Id like to know the names of these martial artists who have said Bruce wasnt too good.
Ive heard nothing but great things about Bruce Lee from about 10-20 top UFC fighters.
Im guessing these guys who are talking bad of Bruce are some karate/wing chun guys or something?
I hear nothing but bad things from those guys.

Im guessing these guys who are talking bad of Bruce are some karate/wing chun guys or something?
I hear nothing but bad things from those guys.

They're doing it to get a microphone stuck in their face. Attention whores shamelessly self promoting. Nothing more.

ahh man i really want this figure now if only there is stock =(

Just got my SS EX. :yess: The detail on this figure is amazing.

EyeDetail.jpg

I'm sorry but after watching Ali take a BEATING round after round at the blows of a very strong George Foreman only to knock his ass to the canvas, knocking him out, theres no way Lee would have made any impact imo. What does being "quick" have to do with trying to knock down a man chiseled out of stone?

Still its comparing apples to oranges. They have different weight classes for a reason.

At the end of the day you'll never know, just speculate. What I DO know is that Lee looked up to Ali very much. He even copied Ali's dance he liked him so much. Point being, the fight would never have happened anyway.

I'm sorry but after watching Ali take a BEATING round after round at the blows of a very strong George Foreman only to knock his ass to the canvas, knocking him out, theres no way Lee would have made any impact imo. What does being "quick" have to do with trying to knock down a man chiseled out of stone?

Still its comparing apples to oranges. They have different weight classes for a reason.

At the end of the day you'll never know, just speculate. What I DO know is that Lee looked up to Ali very much. He even copied Ali's dance he liked him so much. Point being, the fight would never have happened anyway.

Watch Ali between rounds. He was never the same after that fight and if he hadn't beaten Foreman at the mental game prior and during "That's all you got?" and George's "It was!" Foreman would've won. That fight I compare to Schwarzenegger vs. Ferrigno. Lou should've walked away with that, but he got beat at the mental level and lost all confidence. Foreman was no different in that fight.

Back