Hot Toys DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Not a chance that the scars are sculpted on because they weren't sculpted on in the movie itself...so its the correct option just to paint them on.

Enter the Dragon was made super cheap and the cuts were just red lines painted on him :D

But wouldn't you damage the sculpted head trying to just rub them off ?

Well no, because im gonna buy an extra body make it without any scars. Im not gonna touch the head at all.

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

The rubber bodies explicitly say not to use agents on them or else you could damage the rubber. So I doubt removing the scars will be an easy process without damaging the rubber. You would more than likely ADD sculpted cuts at that point :lol

Padrino, are the scars on the body and head sculpted or just painted on?I ask because if they are only painted, I would try to remove the scars.

If you try to remove the scars you might damage the skin tone color and details on the rubber as the liquids used to remove paint are very abrasive.

I wouldn't mess around with removing the blood/scars - why not hold off for an MIS figure, which will almost certainly be the non-BD body?

Haven't people been able to remove the tattoos from the Ross and Whiplash bodies w/o any issue?

Padrino, are the scars on the body and head sculpted or just painted on?I ask because if they are only painted, I would try to remove the scars.

I have'nt he figure yet, but I,am sure that are just painted.. not sculped.:monkey1

I never try to remove the paint because you could damage the rubber body

Funny thing is I just realized that some people are spending nearly $300 more for the full exclusive version. Maybe that is were the real money is... sell off the one I have coming, and get a regular from a retailer for $180 :lol

It's like I've been fine waiting the best part of a year for this figure, but now that it's within sniffing distance the wait is unbearable.

Thanks for all ur responses abou the scar. I once was told that Proactiv has an ingridient that can actually remove stains from vaious materials. I bought a Medicom SS Goku, great figure, and sadly, it had arrived with some paint stains on the face. I was very angry and I could not send it back for replacement as I got it off ebay.

I asked some people an looked online and both mentioned an ingredient in acne creams, mostly Proactive and it had to be exposed to intense light, kind of under a lamp. So, I got some Proactive, followed the instrucions, left it overnight and I was surprised that it had actually worked!

The advantage of doing this as opposed to using thiner or paint remover is that it is much more controlled. The paint removal won't start working until it is exposed to light. If it does not remove it, then I won't try anything else. Might try a very small needle by just barely wetting the tip with thinner.

^^Yikes...

That sounds like some intense surgery your planning...

Is it really that serious? You hate the scars that much?

I give you major credit for havin the balls to even try such methods. Best of luck with the process though

In the end, once both the casual figures are released, the scared body will be more valuable.

Thanks for all ur responses abou the scar. I once was told that Proactiv has an ingridient that can actually remove stains from vaious materials. I bought a Medicom SS Goku, great figure, and sadly, it had arrived with some paint stains on the face. I was very angry and I could not send it back for replacement as I got it off ebay.

I asked some people an looked online and both mentioned an ingredient in acne creams, mostly Proactive and it had to be exposed to intense light, kind of under a lamp. So, I got some Proactive, followed the instrucions, left it overnight and I was surprised that it had actually worked!

The advantage of doing this as opposed to using thiner or paint remover is that it is much more controlled. The paint removal won't start working until it is exposed to light. If it does not remove it, then I won't try anything else. Might try a very small needle by just barely wetting the tip with thinner.

Proactive huh? I too will be removing the blood but Im going to be doing a full body repaint so it will be less dangerous for me. I just dont want the blood to read as a raised surface.

Elvis1976 removed Barney Ross's tats using rubbing alcohol.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3278669&postcount=40

I won't give Skiman the credit :mad:

Hmm, and whats the condition of the body now? Is it holding up fine? Also is nail polish remover the same as rubbing alcohol? Maybe Ill go that way too If I cant get an extra body. (However if a fellow Freak is ready to sell one at a decent price for it Ill abandon this idea *hint hint*)

If you really don't like the scared body I am sure someone will be willing to trade with you. Especial ones the casual BLs come out. Heck I would do it. It would be the safest but you jut have to wait

:borg:

Or just buy the next release... and sell off the parts you don't need as I'm sure you could at least break even selling the hands, outfit and headsculpt from the two smiling versions and still keep the body.

^^Yikes...

That sounds like some intense surgery your planning...

Is it really that serious? You hate the scars that much?

I give you major credit for havin the balls to even try such methods. Best of luck with the process though

Its not that i hate the look, i just prefer it without the scars.

Why go to all the trouble of removing the painted cuts when you could be patient and wait for either the Casual Suit or Casual wear Lee to come out:dunno. Paying 150ish for a blank body is asinine, but fill yer boots.

Back