Hot Toys DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Another point I needed to address is a lot of people here are saying that HT shot themselves by saying that this is something fans have been anticipating for a long time and HT is right in saying that.

Working with the HT dealer here, I do deal direct with retail customers first hand and some of the most commonly asked question is "Is HT going to make Bruce Lee?"

Fact is, in this region, a lot of people has lost confidence in ETB and these same people believes that HT could deliver better quality products and a lower price point and at the promised date.

Heck I even got a "Is HT going to do Ip Man too?" recently.

Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Yes, and this side of the world still can't get enough of BL, especially in China, and most especially that this is to commemorate BL's 70th anniversary.

Seriously, do you still think HT won't capitalize on this?

Well, I know I won't get this, but then again, I have three EB versions, so that's also probably why I'm disappointed...

Seriously, BL as DX04 is not a bad choice. It may not be the DX you wanted, but its still not a bad choice. HT is not suddenly stupid or suddenly a company with no "business ettiquette" for taking a stab at BL. Keep in mind that all in all, BL aligns with HT's background and probably the interest/passion of the folks over at HT.

Bottom line, its all about whether this is the DX that you wanted. If its not, move along and save your money, wait for the next DX.

I know they're trying to compete, but it was still a waste of product. HT should have made a less available and more sought after figure. EB has already released countless Bruce Lee incarnations that are almost perfect.

Waste of product? This will sell very good even nif 50% of the people on this board, or hell, 50% of US collectors do not pick this up. Theres plenty of business case for a HK-based company to try to jump in on the BL bandwagon.

Hot Toys you sucked it up on this one. You got a little out of your comfort zone on this one made something to try and show up enterbay and failed miserably at that.

So they are left with another waste of a DX figure. Well done... Well done.

Waste of a DX figure? Just don't buy it. They don't need your $200 on DX04. They will release many other characters you like and you will buy them.

An Asian based company celebrates the anniversary of a global icon from their culture by releasing a figure at Ani Con. A license which was successful with another brand (Enterbay) in the same market space. I don't see this announcement reflecting any such thing.:huh

Moreso sour grapes from people wanting Superman, T-800, Jack Sparrow etc. That said, I cannot say it is my cup of tea either but I will consider purchasing it.

Word.

I'm pretty sure HT didn't expected so much bitterness from most of us. If only it could make them think twice next time...

They won't think twice. As I stated earlier, besides of the clear business case to tapping onto the sure-succeed BL bandwagon (for Asia at least), lets not forget that this project was probably enjoyable and meaningful for the HT staff. The only way they would think twice is if somehow, say, 90% of collectors do not pick this up. Even in the US alone, I doubt this would sell worse than Black Widow. Sure, Superman would be a better bet - and trust me, I was on the Superman camp, but keep in mind, BL is not a "stupid" choice as many people are claiming. Maybe you guys should try boycott HT and make an actual impact. Maybe that would make them think. BD T-800, Superman, new Rocky? They could pump those out anytime and we would pick them out regardless.

You kidding me, right? Superman's been around since 1938! It's the first and greatest comic book character ever created! It's a worldwide icon! Bruce Lee found his fame only after he was dead and has only a handful of movies to prove his extraordinary talent.

So BL is an icon, sure but he's not even in the league of superman!

Hot Toys is a HK company that tapped into other countries and are sucking our wallets dry. They pay a little homage to BL and now we're comparing BL to Superman? Why compare? Just buy Superman when he comes out.

Well, I know I won't get this, but then again, I have three EB versions, so that's also probably why I'm disappointed...

And maybe because the headsculpt doesn't look like Bruce Lee and the body could have come from a 5 dollar figure...just some suggestions:lol.

This looks good. I will purchase it, but it will in NO WAY Dethrone the Enterbay Enter The Dragon Version B as the ULTIMATE 1/6 BRUCE.

Right, I remember that now, they are supposed to be BD versions, right?

yes, they even made a small teaser at the beginning of the year, but havent heard a thing since.

Could they've given up already, now that HT is releasing a 2 in 1 combo :dunno

This looks good. I will purchase it, but it will in NO WAY Dethrone the Enterbay Enter The Dragon Version B as the ULTIMATE 1/6 BRUCE.

No one knows that as it's not been released yet and the product will be tweaked. Might surpass it, might not.

Pass. The Enterbay releases looked better than this TBH. Also, what's up with the grainy texture on the body? Seems overdone.

Another point I needed to address is a lot of people here are saying that HT shot themselves by saying that this is something fans have been anticipating for a long time and HT is right in saying that.

Working with the HT dealer here, I do deal direct with retail customers first hand and some of the most commonly asked question is "Is HT going to make Bruce Lee?"

Fact is, in this region, a lot of people has lost confidence in ETB and these same people believes that HT could deliver better quality products and a lower price point and at the promised date.

Heck I even got a "Is HT going to do Ip Man too?" recently.

Same here in the Philippines. A lot are clamoring for HT's take on BL. I am one of them for the simple fact that having these companies compete is WIN for us consumers. I don't care if ETB is doing a fine job for BL, I want competition. Same is true for HT. I want other companies to step up their game and compete with HT head-on with their licenses.

AHAHAHAHAH -- T800 BD, Reeves SP...ahahahahahhahaha :points and laughs at all of you:

YES - BRUCE!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!

WITH ALL THE COSTUMES - I'm going to need a few bodies. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Same here in the Philippines. A lot are clamoring for HT's take on BL. I am one of them for the simple fact that having these companies compete is WIN for us consumers. I don't care if ETB is doing a fine job for BL, I want competition. Same is true for HT. I want other companies to step up their game and compete with HT head-on with their licenses.

At the price point both company are selling their stuff, I don't see how the competition is a win for us...

... besides, the result can only be that the smaller company (EB) will have to close in the end. That's not the fairest competition when you pit a mouse against a mammoth...

AHAHAHAHAH -- T800 BD, Reeves SP...ahahahahahhahaha :points and laughs at all of you:

YES - BRUCE!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Speaking of which...2 heads, 2 suits, 2 dioramas, 1 body ???

At the price point both company are selling their stuff, I don't see how the competition is a win for us...

... besides, the result can only be that the smaller company (EB) will have to close in the end. That's not the fairest competition when you pit a mouse against a mammoth...

EB always had the choice to step it up and produce faster and give results. Some of their end product is great, but their time management sucks.

YES - BRUCE!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!

I wonder do you speak like that in real life?...or are you only a ****** behind your keyboard..where its safe..

Clearly, a lot of the distaste here is from people who do not care for another asian figure release or simply put, would have preferred something else...that is understandable and the real reason. However, talks about ETB's supposed "right" to BL figures, HT's lack of business ettiquette, HT's DX choice, and etc - all simply excuses for venting disappointment over DX04 not being something they wanted. There is a very strong business case for HT to tap into BL, bandwagon or not, like it or not. How many of you are actually going to care enough to boycott HT all together and make an impact or prove a point. Its just a figure release. Unless you plan to get hit by a bus tomorrow, there are still many more DX's to come so just sit back and relax.

Oh - BTW....the PERS for this particular character, FITS PERFECTLY with the amount of posing and fiddling you can do!!!!

AWESOME! C.Reeves SP can go suck it. SO can Sparrow or any douchy BD Terminator figure...

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCEEEEEEEE!!!!

Also, the price point on this -- I wonder what's it going to be?

Clearly, a lot of the distaste here is from people who do not care for another asian figure release...ETB, business ettiquette, HT's DX choice, etc...all simply excuses for venting disappointment over DX04 not being something they wanted. There is 100% business case for HT to tap into BL, bandwagon or not.

:goodpost:Exactly ..this is a good move for hot toys as a business.

EB always had the choice to step it up and produce faster and give results. Some of their end product is great, but their time management sucks.

True, but that may not be as easy as it sounds. EB suffers from delays and Triad too. Ans what have they got in common? They're small. The business world is tough and I'm sure that these companies would do better if they could.

Oh - BTW....the PERS for this particular character, FITS PERFECTLY with the amount of posing and fiddling you can do!!!!

AWESOME! C.Reeves SP can go suck it. SO can Sparrow or any douchy BD Terminator figure...

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCEEEEEEEE!!!!

Also, the price point on this -- I wonder what's it going to be?

Dude if this had been sparrow ..i bet you would be still laughing at others that they didn't get there superman or bd t800 ..but like this Bruce figure you would be praising the sparrow figure and saying how great it is ..
That said ..yuo are right about the pers ..of all the 4 dx figs ..pers look best on this figure.:)

Yeah, with all the great options you have, I hope they have another body - f-it...charge a dump load of money, I dont care, this is the ultimate HT figure.

I want to have one Bruce, like the final battle look in ETD and another in a white shirt with clean face. MAN -- This is a doozy!!!!!!

I guess a slim body will be fine if you just want to have that white shirt...But the problem will be getting another set of pants. Oh well, I'll get two Bruce DX and sell off the other parts.

Back