Hot Toys DX Superman Lives Limited Edition Blacksuit (just asking)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't mean to turn this into a political forum. I was merely stating why I supported the OP in his not supporting the DC Universe films. He had his reasons, I have mine. You'll also notice that I singled out Affleck for political reasons in the discussion. Like jal36 stated, I don't know where everyone in Hollywood stands on any given issue, but, when it comes to my Constitutional rights, I can't actively support anyone who vocally says I shouldn't have those rights. It's basically saying that since they are Hollywood elites, they know what's better for me than I do. That is presumptuous and arrogant and I won't help them for it. I'm very pro 2A. There are several actors (hypocrites) who have made a very lucrative living playing with firearms in their movies, yet turn around and say I shouldn't be allowed to own any. That's hypocrisy and I won't support it. Jim Carrey, Ben Affleck, Charlize Theron, Liam Neeson, to name a few. I won't actively put money in their pocket. SilverStar17 knows what I meant. I hope this clarifies my view. My first reply may not have been eloquent, but I was trying to be brief.
Now, the non political -
I thought Eisenberg as Lex Luthor was a terrible casting choice. He did not portray evil, or menacing very well. He merely came across as an angry child picked on by a bully. I like him in other movies, I think he's funny, (Zombieland) just not very scary. Hackman was funny, but there was that underlying menace in his brilliance. He wasn't outwardly scary, but you knew he had the potential. Kevin Spacey's version was all menace. He had the brains and the anger and showed it. He was more frightening and way less comical. A different portrayal. I though Henry Cavill did a good job on this new version of Superman. Not quite as squeaky clean as Christopher Reeve, but more human on an emotional level. Brandon Routh nailed CRs mannerisms and cadence to almost make you believe he was Christopher Reeve.
Jason Momoa doesn't seem like Aquaman to me. Good actor, liked him as Khal Drogo, but he doesn't come across as Aquaman to me.
These are just my opinions. I'll see the movie on cable, just not in the theater.
Ryan

I know precisely what you mean and meant. I share many of the same sentiments expressed in your first paragraph. Second paragraph, however, not so much. :lol

Wasn't "Superman Lives" supposed to be the title of the failed Tim Burton reboot film in the late 90's?

Wasn't "Superman Lives" supposed to be the title of the failed Tim Burton reboot film in the late 90's?

Aww yiss.

latest

With all that's going on in the JL movie, I doubt they have the time to include a black suit arc in it.

With all that's going on in the JL movie, I doubt they have the time to include a black suit arc in it.

I thought the movie was gonna be three hours long? Not sure how much of an arc is required. He briefly wears the black suit and no cape until he's absorbed enough sunlight to regain full strength and transition back to his regular suit.

Somewhere on cable is the documentary, "The Death of Superman Lives." It's all about what was done, what went wrong, and why it stopped. Interesting story.
Ryan

Somewhere on cable is the documentary, "The Death of Superman Lives." It's all about what was done, what went wrong, and why it stopped. Interesting story.
Ryan

Yeah I saw that. The producer was hell bent on including a giant spider at the end. When Superman Lives died he included the giant spider in Wild Wild West which he also produced.

Back