Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is some AWESOME news...

Does anyone feel since Sideshow dropped the ball the Indy line that Lucas took it to Hot Toys (or vice versa)?

This is some AWESOME news...

Does anyone feel since Sideshow dropped the ball the Indy line that Lucas took it to Hot Toys (or vice versa)?

Nope. More like Sideshow realized the pro isn't suitable for a reveal Indy like ToD, so they utilized their already existing relationship with HT (armored bodies and Hobbit bodies) to help out. HIGHLY doubt LFL had anything to say other than, "sure, sounds like a good idea Sideshow. Let's see what they come up with."

Is there any line people haven't requested Hot Toys to take over?

justin_bieber_doll_4.jpg

Please Hot Toys do Justin Proud :lol

One thing to remember so far Hot Toys have only re-released Sideshow figures (Sarah/T-1000 was a special release, that was a combination of two figures made by Sideshow), so we might only get improvements on what Sideshow released before.

Nope. More like Sideshow realized the pro isn't suitable for a reveal Indy like ToD, so they utilized their already existing relationship with HT (armored bodies and Hobbit bodies) to help out. HIGHLY doubt LFL had anything to say other than, "sure, sounds like a good idea Sideshow. Let's see what they come up with."

Well if thats the case, I do hope the HT also adds The Lord of the Rings Line...

holy crapballs. looks like i'll never be able to sell my MIB SS 12" crapola now :lol but i'm more excited about indy. that's some awesome news right there.

Well if thats the case, I do hope the HT also adds The Lord of the Rings Line...

We'd get Aragorn and Gandalf (who couldn't be topped save the body) and HT would tap. :monkey1

holy crapballs. looks like i'll never be able to sell my MIB SS 12" crapola now :lol but i'm more excited about indy. that's some awesome news right there.

The Toy McCoy is holding it's value and Sideshow's is better than that. I think he'll go up after a few years.

The Toy McCoy is holding it's value and Sideshow's is better than that. I think he'll go up after a few years.

oops, looks like i screwed up my post. i meant SS SW. i actually quite like my SS indy - it's a damn good fig except i got the worst prometheus off the production line.

having said that, i'm not sure the "force is strong with us" thing is a dead-cert teaser. could be but also we know howard chan is a massive SW fan, and he might have just used a line from his favourite movie. if he did he's dead meat now... the SW fans are gonna tear him a new one.

Gonna be contraversial here....

At least Hot toys might get this RIGHT this time. To be honest I'd love a complete Indy I didn't have to tweek in some way. I'm a little tired now of upgrading, customising, repainting & adding to the couple of custom Indys I have.
I've never been entirely happy with any Indy figure ever produced. And I have more or less all of them & many of the head sculpts done of him.
It would be nice to be able to stop. If they get this right.

Remember too they have Arnie Kim working with them now on Superman, his sculpt comes closest in my eyes to Ford's look as Jones. So we might get his take on Han Solo too.

This was completely unexpected news for me, I've been waiting on word of the Reeve Superman. And still am.

So it seems if you wish hard enough, things can happen. And all good things come to those who wait.

Trouble is, If Hot toys is producing figures for all the great licences out there, Collecting is gonna become even more expensive than it already is. So much more.

I can see Hot toys taking over on the 1:6 figure front and Sideshow concentrating more on Statues, busts and Premiums. In fact it may be that companies merge at some point.

So I don't know if this is good news or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back