Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked this guy up today. One of my favorites!
58c680a37f69d2196575a11b708b5378.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Another year, and the so-called 2.0 version that some people on this forum have been hinting at for years is still not released or even shown... Yet we have gotten multiple versions of Darth Vader, and a mess of Iron man and the Nolan Joker figures from Hot Toys.... All thats missing is for Hot Toys to release the version of Ledger being hired as the Joker-- the figure would include 1/6 movie script, and 1/6 version of the books Ledger used to get into character (exclusive accessory: Brokeback Mountain Cowboy hat).

What the hell is Hot Toys waiting for, to release a better sculpted ESB Luke (with a closed mouth)?

Given the track record HT has with Luke sculpts, I don’t have high hopes that the sculpt on a 2.0 version would be spectacular, or at least not miles better than the DX07.

The battle damaged Bespin Luke is still my favorite HT Luke (and one of my favorites overall).

Some old ****** phone pics.. I should really buy a decent camera for taking pics of figures, but why do that when I could spend that money on more figures?
KfXjLsc.jpg
mGufYya.jpg
20615222_10214217966348978_1078080846_o.jpg

Looks nice. I prefer the clean version myself being that it covers more ground in the film to represent various points in it, and he’s also one of my favorite all around figures in my collection.

Looks nice. I prefer the clean version myself being that it covers more ground in the film to represent various points in it, and he’s also one of my favorite all around figures in my collection.

They're both awesome! I ended up working it out so I could get this guy for $50, which was great since I preferred him over the clean one haha. Sold off the clean version, the weather LED base, and the box all separately. I believe I paid 500 exactly for the whole set, sold the clean for 300, and the box and LED base each for around 70-80. Probably the luckiest I'll ever get with a figure lol

The battle damaged Bespin Luke is still my favorite HT Luke (and one of my favorites overall).

I think it's the best 1/6 Luke sculpt that HT has made available so far. It might be very specific to one particular (short) scene, but something about the sculpt captures ESB Hamill really well, imo. I might be in the distinct minority on this, but I don't think HT or SS has produced a more convincing Luke head sculpt since the BD DX07.

Some old ****** phone pics.. I should really buy a decent camera for taking pics of figures, but why do that when I could spend that money on more figures?
View attachment 421680
View attachment 421681
View attachment 421682
Nice photos neb!
Even though this set is a few years old it's still one of HT best offerings!

Agreed. You can display it with all of HT’s latest SW offerings and it doesn’t look out of place at all. I personally don’t think the actual figure itself requires 2.0 treatment; the only thing a 2.0 offering can provide is really just a second chance for those who didn’t get this set, and different accessories.

My only real nitpick with it is just the too short of sleeves.

Agreed. You can display it with all of HT’s latest SW offerings and it doesn’t look out of place at all. I personally don’t think the actual figure itself requires 2.0 treatment; the only thing a 2.0 offering can provide is really just a second chance for those who didn’t get this set, and different accessories.

My only real nitpick with it is just the too short of sleeves.
Totally agree with the short sleeves issue which isn't that big a deal to me. Nothing a little futzing won't fix. I could see a 2.0 having a more durable gun belt clip and having a light up Saber option as well, but other than that there isn't much else to improve on this.

I’ve been praying for a rerelease of this one so bad. It’s resale value is just way out of my price range.

If they do a re-do, I wonder what accessories or add-ons they could give to entice owners of the original. The first one is so complete. Maybe if they go Dagobah and make a training Luke?

Back