Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At this point, I would just use subbed parts or purchase a replacement belt.

Even brand new in box at this point, this figure will have issues. Unglued parts, little missing parts, etc. When I got mine NIB last year, one of the belts was missing one of the little adjustment holes on the holster strap, one of the metal saber hooks had come unglued and some of the belt pouches were unglued. Luckily, the metal saber hook was still in the foam sarcophagus so I simply glued it back on, along with the pouches. Couldn't find the missing adjustment hole for the holster strap though. The magnets for both hair pieces don't really seem to magnetize very well either, although it's not really a big deal because the hair piece sits fine with or without the magnet.

Search the boxes/foam/inserts for any tiny loose parts. This figure needs a bit of maintenance pretty much regardless of how it's been displayed or stored.

Haha the magnet on the holster strap came off of mine recently! Not wanting to disrupt my display pose I tried to superglue it back on whilst still on display. Needless to say that was a bad idea, I got super glue on the base and the metallic name plaque.

Haha the magnet on the holster strap came off of mine recently! Not wanting to disrupt my display pose I tried to superglue it back on whilst still on display. Needless to say that was a bad idea, I got super glue on the base and the metallic name plaque.

This should probably go into the custom section, but yeah - applying any glue (directly from the bottle/ nozzle) to figures in situ is a very bad idea.

If you have to do it another time, you can use a wooden cocktail stick, dipped into the glue and apply it from the pointed wooden tip instead.

Never overload the wooden point with glue, it will drop off with gravity... onto your display base or nameplate.

It is always ideal to do any glue application by disrobing the figure for future reference, but the cocktail stick (or pointed wooden toothpick) can do a good job with some practice on some scrap surface to get your technique right in advance.

Superglue is unsuitable for fabric application. It can overheat and burn if used to excess on fabric. It will not bond properly, but cause a nasty crusty mess. Get dedicated fabric glue for that.

Leather is OK with Superglue.

Hope this helps.

I brought this set a few days ago but not had a chance to look it over properly till now. It has a few problems with parts having come unglued, like one of the hair sculpts, a holster strap, and part of the weathervane. They can be glued back together though, the man issue is that both figures are missing the lightsaber belt hooks and one of the belts has lost the metal ring attachment. Just pondering if this is enough of a problem to send it back or if it can be fixed with subbed parts or a whole new belt.

If you can get your hands on a Hot Toys ANH Luke's belt , I believe it has two lightsaber hooks on it. You can just remove them and glue them onto the belts.

Anyone know where I can pick up the display stand for a decent price? The one with the orange bits on it, not the weather vane.

I think at this point, eBay would be the only place. Or another collector on here who's willing to sell you one they don't want.

I found one on eBay a while back for like £10 but then the seller removed the listing because he said he "accidentally" damaged the base!

What would be a good alternative (apart from buying a whole new belt) if the lightsaber hook is missing?

You could fabricate one easily enough. Remove a battery terminal (from an old toy or similar) and cut / file it down to the correct width.

Now that the DX line is back with Jack Sparrow, who also had a previous DX figure, it gives me hope that they'll revisit Bespin Luke again at some point. Doesn't even have to be a DX release, but just a regular MMS figure would be great.

Now that the DX line is back with Jack Sparrow, who also had a previous DX figure, it gives me hope that they'll revisit Bespin Luke again at some point. Doesn't even have to be a DX release, but just a regular MMS figure would be great.

I think it's a good harbinger that DX16 may be RotJ Luke.

Although to be honest, if I'm only thinking for myself, I hope RotJ Luke isn't a DX release. For me personally, the outfit I want to display RotJ Luke in is his DS outfit (as shown in the teaser picture), so I don't need to pay the extra money for outfit options and accessories that I know I won't use. :lol

Back