Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to go with "ignorance". I have seen a few people refer to anything they bought from Sideshow as a distributor as being a Sideshow product; not realizing the difference.

The $125 price tag is what I'm more dubious of than the fact that it doesn't specify HT. As mentioned, people (even people on this forum) are under the notion that SSC is the manufacturer of these figures; the fact that the shipper box for this does say SSC on it, probably doesn't help.

Well I had a nice surprise from eBay yesterday when I got home from work. I had bought the weather vane and the battle damaged head from the same seller and here is the box they shipped it in: 20170330_194314.jpg

Well I had a nice surprise from eBay yesterday when I got home from work. I had bought the weather vane and the battle damaged head from the same seller and here is the box they shipped it in:View attachment 333160

Well if the sellers math is right, ( and it always is....) did you pay like $15 dollars for that shipped?:rotfl

Perhaps it's an angry wife/spouse purging a poor bastard's collection.

So in the shipper box for the entire set, he just packed the BD sculpt and the weather vane? Like hokietwo said, if he was charging $125 for allegedly the entire set, was the price for this roughly $15? :lol

I wonder if in the auction for $125, it was a clean figure and a headless BD figure along with all the other set accessories sans the weather vane? Or is that an entirely separate auction and the $125 was the full set? :lol

I believe you guys misunderstood piccolo's post. Sounds like he bought two items from one seller ("same seller") not the seller of the $125 auction.

Well if the sellers math is right, ( and it always is....) did you pay like $15 dollars for that shipped?:rotfl

Perhaps it's an angry wife/spouse purging a poor bastard's collection.

So in the shipper box for the entire set, he just packed the BD sculpt and the weather vane? Like hokietwo said, if he was charging $125 for allegedly the entire set, was the price for this roughly $15? :lol

I wonder if in the auction for $125, it was a clean figure and a headless BD figure along with all the other set accessories sans the weather vane? Or is that an entirely separate auction and the $125 was the full set? :lol

I believe you guys misunderstood piccolo's post. Sounds like he bought two items from one seller ("same seller") not the seller of the $125 auction.

Pix is right; this is a completely separate auction from a completely different seller. I bought the weather vane, head and a few other parts that I was missing and they were nice enough to send the items in the DX Luke box. I love brown boxes.

Pix is right; this is a completely separate auction from a completely different seller. I bought the weather vane, head and a few other parts that I was missing and they were nice enough to send the items in the DX Luke box. I love brown boxes.

Rereading it, that makes sense. I thought you were referring to the $125 seller since that was the current topic.

Great picture! You know Luke is a padawan when he's so enamoured with his lightsaber blade that he just has to touch it. :lol

I absolutely love this set, but am likely going to part with my BD figure and the rest of the set at some point and only keep my clean figure, which is the only one I have displayed at the moment. Took quite a bit of futzing and minor adjustments here and there to get it to look exactly like this particular photo regarding the feet placement, trying to get the top of the jacket to stay closed as much as possible, placement of the pouches on the belt, placement of the holster strap around his leg, angle of the belt, etc.

image.jpeg

Great picture! You know Luke is a padawan when he's so enamoured with his lightsaber blade that he just has to touch it. :lol

I absolutely love this set, but am likely going to part with my BD figure and the rest of the set at some point and only keep my clean figure, which is the only one I have displayed at the moment. Took quite a bit of futzing and minor adjustments here and there to get it to look exactly like this particular photo regarding the feet placement, trying to get the top of the jacket to stay closed as much as possible, placement of the pouches on the belt, placement of the holster strap around his leg, angle of the belt, etc.

View attachment 339639

It helps to put it on a shorter body, specifically the Stormtrooper Luke body, although the unusual neck and foot pegs create their own problems.

Yeah, the body on this figure is a little wonky in my opinion.

The right leg (at least on my clean figure) seems to be a tad shorter than the left, so I'm having to slightly adjust the torso sideways to sort of compensate for it so it looks straight while standing straight. I also don't like the articulation of the sculpt and how the neck seam is often visible through the opened portion of the top of the jacket because the collar of the under shirt/tank top falls below it. I keep trying to pull the under shirt up as much as possible to cover it and as I mentioned, try to close up the top of the jacket as much as possible also so it's covered and also more accurate.

Despite those, this still remains my favorite SW figure, which is why I try to get it to look as perfect/screen accurate as possible through futzing.

I brought this set a few days ago but not had a chance to look it over properly till now. It has a few problems with parts having come unglued, like one of the hair sculpts, a holster strap, and part of the weathervane. They can be glued back together though, the man issue is that both figures are missing the lightsaber belt hooks and one of the belts has lost the metal ring attachment. Just pondering if this is enough of a problem to send it back or if it can be fixed with subbed parts or a whole new belt.

Back