Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have a guide or video for how to put the farmboy luke lightsaber arm on bespin luke? or does it just pop the old one off and this one on like the newer figures do.

Does anyone have a guide or video for how to put the farmboy luke lightsaber arm on bespin luke? or does it just pop the old one off and this one on like the newer figures do.
More or less. It does not fit perfectly due to slightly different peg but basically you pop off the original arm above the elbow e pop on the new one.

So I've been thinking of breaking up my Bespin Luke set and trading off or selling my battle damaged Luke. However I can't seem to find a good base value online for what I should ask. They are parted out on eBay but I haven't just seen the figure by itself lately.
Anyone have any thoughts as far as value for selling or trading a loose Bespin Kirk?

Thought I'd help out a little here for one lucky person. They have one on Amazon Japan for the equivalent of about $440 USD. You'll have to use a forwarding service to order, but still, that should only run you maybe another 50 or 60. Which would put it in that sweet $500 range.

Amazon.co.jp: こちらもどうぞ: ムービー・マスターピース DX スター・ウォーズ 1/6スケールフィギュア ルーク・スカイウォーカー (ベスピン版)

This is used by the way. Text reads: Like New. Belt is missing two pieces. Smoke free.

I lived in Japan for about half a year. When they say it's in good condition, they mean it. Most things I bought used over there were what we would consider to be near mint. It's a shame part of the belt is missing, but it's still a great price.

A pair or pliers and a drill makes it fit any body.

I don't own a drill. :)

By the way, you're responsible for me owning this! I was intrigued by your comments about how good this was and found one for a reasonable price. I have to agree that it's an exceptional release, something we won't see the likes of again, and although I like the ANH Luke this knocks spots off it.

By the way, you're responsible for me owning this! I was intrigued by your comments about how good this was and found one for a reasonable price. I have to agree that it's an exceptional release, something we won't see the likes of again, and although I like the ANH Luke this knocks spots off it.

DX releases were THE reason to buy Hot Toys. Top to bottom quality, even if the head sculpts didn't always hit the mark. Now you get a HT and the same "wow" just isn't there - and at least I feel like the packaging might as well go in the bin.

I know I'm not the only one who hoped that there would be a return to the DX line with Star Wars, but I'm afraid there's just no room for DX anymore with prices on standard figures up where they are. How much would a DX ANH Luke be with a second figure and better accessories? Probably the same price as aftermarket for DX07.

DX releases were THE reason to buy Hot Toys. Top to bottom quality, even if the head sculpts didn't always hit the mark. Now you get a HT and the same "wow" just isn't there - and at least I feel like the packaging might as well go in the bin.

I know I'm not the only one who hoped that there would be a return to the DX line with Star Wars, but I'm afraid there's just no room for DX anymore with prices on standard figures up where they are. How much would a DX ANH Luke be with a second figure and better accessories? Probably the same price as aftermarket for DX07.

I love the dx stuff as well. I don't have them all, but wouldn't sell any that I have. Don't think I could even sell the bespin set for a grand. I might as well get rid of all my toys at that point.

That's what I thought too but apparently every hot toys figure can be pulled apart at the upper arm the way all the figures do for the LED sabers. Might take a little extra force though.

For the clean version I thought someone mentioned needing to cut the cuff of the sleeve to give the arm room to go in.

That's what I thought too but apparently every hot toys figure can be pulled apart at the upper arm the way all the figures do for the LED sabers. Might take a little extra force though.

For the clean version I thought someone mentioned needing to cut the cuff of the sleeve to give the arm room to go in.

Yes. Exactly. I had to cut the thread for the cuff on the regular suit but I was able to add a small magnet to keep the cuff closed. Then easy access when I want to switch it.

The elbow will remove on both bodies both below and above the elbow. You just need to bend the elbow backwards a bit and pull. It come apart just fine

The paint apps were better on the DX07, which is why I like it so much - I thought the ANH Luke was nicely painted but compare them in hand and the DX07 is light years ahead. Not sure why their painting should have gone backwards.

I always think the Bespin set was unique because HT were using it as a calling card to get the license and really went to town on it.

The paint apps were better on the DX07, which is why I like it so much - I thought the ANH Luke was nicely painted but compare them in hand and the DX07 is light years ahead. Not sure why their painting should have gone backwards.

I always think the Bespin set was unique because HT were using it as a calling card to get the license and really went to town on it.

My sentiments as well. I thought the detailing on the DX07 was superb.

Yea this sound good price for what you get when you compare to one single SW figure. And that weather vane is awesome.

Back