Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great - could you let me know where you got it from? I'd like to use exactly the same thing.
1e22f54428d9bfd5aac0d60aa5096ad5.jpg

I bought it from Amazon, if you're in the UK you can have what I have left; no other use for it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

View attachment 247765View attachment 247766View attachment 247767View attachment 247768

I don't like the hatless Sideshow Hoth Luke so I decided to do something with the hair, because I think the shape of it is closer in some ways to Luke's ESB hair than the DX07 normal hair. After ripping it off the head I carved out a load of the plastic and tried it on the DX07 heads. Still needs more work, but I think it looks quite good. The hair is less well sculpted than HT hair - shallower - so I might try and add some detail to it with a knife than repaint it (the SS paint is quite flat).

Ah, the first photo I think it looks good. The other two seem like the hair piece sits too high on his head.

I do like the style of the hair though. With a bit more detailing, it can look really good.

Seriously want this set! I'm selling my exclusive ANH Luke on to put towards buying this set!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know how much this set goes for now? Are there any issues with it that I should be aware of?

$500-$600 depending if you wait for a deal. Just loose magnets with all hot toys. No other issues that I've heard of.

Usually $600-$800 on eBay. I personally wouldn't pay more than roughly $500. That's not an indictment at all on how great of a set it is though.

The biggest issues are essentially having to re-glue a lot of the components on the belts for each figure (clean and BD). Straps, pouches, hooks, gluing pouches shut, etc. The strap on the blaster holster also fastens magnetically and I think there's times where that fails to magnetize. The biggest issue though is the re-gluing of the belt components, as mentioned. It's almost a given you'll be doing that.

I had the set for a little bit. As everyone said you likely have to reglue every other pouch. I also had the inner black lining of one of the holsters that was peeling away. The set is pretty amazing, but I don't think I loved the PERS. The main hair piece is pretty nice though, better than the ANH one which is too perfect.

Even though I think the sculpt of the new ANH Luke is fine, I do think that the likeness of the sculpts of this set are better in looking like post reconstructive surgery Mark Hamill than the ANH sculpt is to looking like pre reconstructive surgery Mark Hamill.

Thanks for the responses guys. So basically when I finally manage to get my hands on one, I'm gonna need some glue at some point for the belts haha. I can handle that. Personally I really like the sculpts and I think the PERS is fantastic, it allows for some pretty cool poses. Managed to sell my ANH Luke on last night too!

Thanks for the responses guys. So basically when I finally manage to get my hands on one, I'm gonna need some glue at some point for the belts haha. I can handle that. Personally I really like the sculpts and I think the PERS is fantastic, it allows for some pretty cool poses. Managed to sell my ANH Luke on last night too!

Had this set and I loved it, but it didn't really fit in my crazed, obsessed 1/6 Master Plan so I let it go quite a while back. Glue is the only major issue.

The likeness...I never loved the clean sculpt too much. Looked more like the guy from V to me sometimes. :lol

I thought the BD sculpt was very good, more so when you put the clean sculpt hair-piece on it. No issues with that look.

Prices on this set have reached insane levels. I definitely wouldn't pay more than $500 just on principle.

I don't think I'd ever sell my set for less than $800 - if you can buy a complete like-new set for $500, consider that a steal.

I think I'll probably be the same. Once I do get this I won't let it go unless I'm gonna get a very good price. I think I'll be able to get one for around $550 mark which works out around £400. Just need to keep an eye open

I did the farm boy Luke light saber arm upgrade to my battle damaged Luke, I'm real happy with it. Just adds that little bit more to this.

Saw the Farmboy Luke at my local Toy Store yesterday. First time seeing it in person. Likeness was not there at all. Bespin did a much better job!!!

Before I got this I thought the weathervane accessory was just going to be some junk that would never leave the box and fall apart if it did. It's actually a brilliant piece and there's a stand that can mean you can put it anywhere - I thought you could only fix it from something.

Back